Jorja Fox Visits 'E! Live'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Mar 8, 2003.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

On CSI, Sara Sidle strives to be a perfectionist in her job. But in real life, actress <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> could never be a Crime Scene Investigator.

"I couldn't possibly do it," she told hosts <font color=yellow>Giuliana</font> and <font color=yellow>Patrick Stinson</font> during an appearance on E! Live. "I have a tremendous amount of respect for the folks that do it. I think they're amazing. They're really brave, and the burn-out rate is very high actually. People do it for a certain amount of time and then they move on to other stuff."

Fox said she was happy the show was contributing to a rise in the number of people wanting to go into forensics. "It's surprising, and it's amazing. The numbers are up a lot, which is great, because there is a lack in the field in general. There's a lack of money, there's a lack of people doing it, so [more people joining] would be good. I hope that everybody sticks to it."

As for what Fox herself would want to do if she wasn't an actress, her answer was short: "I have no idea. I have no job skills." She laughed, then admitted she'd always wanted to be a marine biologist. Instead, she went into show business at an early age. "I was actually discovered when I was 15 in this really little town in Florida. I was at the mall one day and I got an opportunity to go to New York City and do some modelling, which was great. That paid my rent for a couple of years."

Eventually, Fox found her true calling in acting, and turned out to be so good at it she's now up for a Screen Actors Guild award this Sunday. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation has been nominated in the Best Ensemble Cast category, and Fox was quite looking forward to the ceremony on Sunday. "The whole cast is coming. [...] It's the SAG awards, which is so fun. It's a bunch of actors, and it's really charismatic and neurotic and fun, so that will be good. And for that award, we're really pleased."

The E! interview ended with hosts Giuliana and Stinson wishing Fox well for the SAG Awards ceremony, which will be shown live tomorrow on TNT. Starting at 4pm, E! itself will air a 'Live from the Red Carpet' special, which may also feature CSI stars. Thanks go out to Sheeper.com for making the E! interview segment available!<center></center>