Jessica Lucas Joins 'CSI'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Aug 20, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Jessica Lucas</font> joins the cast of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation this fall.

When the producers of CSI started to look for an actress to join the cast, many thought that the character would be a replacement for Sara Sidle (<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>), whose fate was unknown at the end of last season's cliffhanger finale. It has been confirmed that this is not the case. Instead, Lucas has been chosen as an addition to the cast rather than a substitute.

Lucas will be playing a young CSI named Veronica Lake (originally reported to be Vivian Lee). "Ronnie", as she is also called, is smart and vivacious. Although she was offered several jobs, Veronica chose Las Vegas because of the rising crime rate.

The 21-year-old actress has been in a number of previous movie and television roles including The Covenant, She's the Man and the ABC series Life as We Know It. Veronica Lake will first make her appearance during the third episode of CSI's eighth season, titled "Go to Hell".

The original article is from the Hollywood Reporter. Jessica's filmography can be found at IMDb.com.<center></center>

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Pretty girl. Interesting that both Vegas and Miami have added girls in their early twenties to the cast (isn't the new girl from Miami 22?). I'm not sure Vegas needs another character, but I guess we'll see...

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ Yeah, I'm not sure Vegas needs another character either. But I guess the news that she will be a recurring rather than regular character means that hopefully the regulars won't lose to much screentime. *is hopeful* And the fact that she isn't a replacement for Sara Sidle may appease some fans.

21 years old? At least she's not in her thirties trying to pretend to be in her twenties. And if you think about it, these crime labs need some young/trainee CSI's coming through, the group dynamics could be interesting.... :)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yes, well, she'll be 22 next month, and that is my age and that is a very good age. ;) :p :lol:

I definitely think it could be interesting to see her interact with the older CSIs--the spoilers make it sound like we could see some fun stuff with Catherine. ;)

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Well fine. AS long as she doesn't cut into Sofia, Greg or Catherine's screentime ;)

6. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

If the actress is indeed only 21, and she does look as though she's barely out of college, I hope they don't try to make her into some kind of field expert. God knows when I had my BA, I still didn't know jack to be considered an expert at anything.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, with so many cast members it's difficult to please everyone with regard to screentime. And it's a common complaint even without introducing new characters...

Ah, 22, it is a great age. You know, I would like to say 'those carefree days when I was young' etc, but I was married at 22 so... ;)

Anyway, agreed about the interaction with the older CSI's. The stuff with Catherine could be really great.

edited to add spoiler code, because this is a little spoilerish (although the article obviously is so you're probably not spoiler free if you are reading it anyway) and I'm honestly not sure about the spoiler rules in the news section... therefore I apologise if someone read it and didn't want to know (better safe than sorry). :p

And I really like the idea of Catherine supervising her and learning to deal with a newbie. I'm hopeful for the new girl. :) Springmoon, I believe she is supposed to be a CSI Level 1, so the thought of someone who doesn't know it all, and hasn't seen everything will hopefully play out really well.

8. JangoBear

JangoBear Lab Technician

The show needs better writers not more characters! :mad: :mad: :mad: We barely saw Warrick and Greg last season. Catherine and Nick usually only made at best cameo appearances.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I can't get over the fact that her name is Veronica Lake (the name of an actress in the 40s). So cheesy, CSI, so cheesy.

And I do agree that this cast is getting bloated. I'm sure she'll be great, but CSI already has 5 recurring lab characters. Do we really need any more?

10. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

ok... she's not what I was expecting. lol. But in a GOOD way! Really.

I was expecting someone a little more, nicely, experienced looking. Not some cute young thing. And I get that they say she's smart and all that - but I hope they play her off as a rookie. Not as someone that comes in already knowledgable about all things crime scenes. Girl looks fresh faced and innocent. Kinda like Greg was before he wasn't anymore.

As for the cast being already bloated, ITA. I don't think we really need anymore series regulars. There's hardly enough time for the ones we have to get enough sceen time. Remember poor disappearing Warrick? That made me sad.

Maybe the CSI series are trying to, I dunno, attract a larger viewing audience, due to Grey's, by 'freshening' their cast? By adding a younger female character? Or perhaps I'm crazy. Yeah. Probably the last one.

11. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

well....I agree with TURTLEBABY, that the cast is already bloated, BUT I mentioned over on the spoiler page that:

"Perhaps she'll stir up some interesting conflict between the team and lab etc, outside of the regular work load"

I am all for that...PROVIDING she/it doesn't take away from the regulars and their screen time...

12. fifty8th

fifty8th Victim

CBSPressexpress says she is only on for 4 episodes which if true and it looks like an official site, is a welcome relief, the cast is fine the way it is.

JESSICA LUCAS TO GUEST STAR ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION"

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 20 - Jessica Lucas ("The Covenant," "She's the Man") will guest star on four episodes of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, beginning Thursday, Oct. 11 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Lucas plays Veronica Lake, aka "Ronnie," a young, vivacious, curious and smart new CSI in training who chose to go to Vegas because of the increase in crime rates there.

Lucas's credits include the feature films "Split Decision," "The Covenant" and "She's the Man." She has appeared on the television series "Secrets of a Small Town," "Life As We Know It" and "The L Word."
    http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=16589

13. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Nice to see a hometown/local girl make it on a big tv show :D.