It's Me Again

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by T'Bonz, Jul 29, 2006.

1. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

OK guys.

I'm having a real problem with the behaviors in here. There is a minority that seems to not know how to behave properly and who act worse than the cliques in junior high.

It will stop. It will stop or I'll get rid of this forum. Is this what you want?

Here is what I need from you, the ones causing problems.

1. Respect. Sounds so simple, but is so lacking. Remember, these are MAKE-BELIEVE characters. If you are so invested in them that you get angry when someone favors another ship or doesn't like yours, then log the hell off and go do something in real life. Because you're too obsessed.

I adore two couples over at TrekBBS and hate one couple. I never get angry if someone dislikes the two and loves the other. Why? They're not REAL.

And I respect my fellow posters.

Is that so difficult? Especially given that they're not real, it should NOT be difficult to let others have contrary opinions.

2. If you're here to make trouble by riling folks up, don't. I'll toss you.

3. Insulting couples (characters) and/or real life actors. Don't. If you don't like a ship and feel compelled to say why, do it dispassionately and with respect for those who might. To use my Trek example, I hate SevenofNine/Chakotay. Instead of saying stuff like "Oh they should have killed Seven" or "Jeri Ryan is an (insult)" or even "You're a dolt if you prefer that couple to (other couple), I will merely give logical reasons why I don't prefer that ship and leave it at that.

There is ZERO REASON to either upset others or be upset over this!

4. PM/Notification abuse. Think carefully before doing this. If I find ANYONE abusing this function, it will be removed and they might be removed. Fifteen notifications in the same day from the same person is bullshit. IF you feel that a mod is unresponsive, then PM me directly and give me a chance to come online (I don't live here and neither should anyone else) and take care of it. I DO read every PM and I do respond. Sometimes it takes a bit.

Finally, and this is important, I want EVERY SINGLE POSTER in here (and I apologize to the users who use this place properly and I also thank you :) ) to post in here saying that you've read and understand this. If not, you may be hearing from me. I want to make sure that this is read and understood and that you agree to post here in a reasonable manner.

This could be a fun forum. It's fun to enthuse over your favorite couples. With just a little care and a little respect for your fellow posters, even if they have the audacity to disagree, it can still be a fun place.

Post in this thread saying that you've read and will abide by this. You may also discuss the situation in here, but don't spam it up please.

2. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Have read and will abide by everything.

Also agrees on all accounts. :)

3. Kal

Kal Prime Suspect

i read it and i understand it too.

4. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I have to say thank you for posting this
    I myself atleast Try to respect fellow Posters just because I know what its like to be treated unfairly by someone who doesnt have the same ideas as you
    At the moment (and by no fault of anyone in here mind you) I'm not as much into my CSI Ship as I used to be (or CSI for that matter) but I still read posts and I think if we all treat eachother with respect We should all be able to get along

5. Lost2MuchSpeed

Lost2MuchSpeed Pathologist

yeup. read it all, and i agree with it all.

i don't think i'm guilty of any of them, i just think i need to put my view across without the use of caps lock ;)
    thanks TBonz

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Read and fully agree to everything

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Read, understood and will do my best to follow. :)

8. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

Read and understood.

9. hollie

hollie Pathologist

I read it and I understand. :D

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I've read and I understand every point very well. Let's have fun in here, guys. :D

11. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

read and understood

12. CatherineWStokes

CatherineWStokes Coroner

Read and understood.

13. jofod

jofod Police Officer

read and understood.

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i read it, understand and will abide by everything you wrote as i've been doing since i registered. at least i think i've been.

15. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

Read and understood, ma'am. ^_^