Interview: Tom Mularz

CSI Files

Captain
This week’s CSI: Crime Scene Investigation*dropped a big bombshell on the CSI team with the reveal of Detective Sam Vega, played by Geoffrey Rivas*since “Too Tough To Die,” being a dirty cop. Tom Mularz, co-writer of the episode, talks exclusively with CSI Files’ Shane Saunders*about the surprising turn. CSI Files:*The big reveal at the end [...]

More...

Great interview, Shane, but I agree that it was too short :) Still, it was nice to get the writer's take on Brass, both past (In a Dark, Dark, House) and present (Crime After Crime).

But Brass is a good guy, on the right side of the law — I don’t think he would knowingly disregard knowledge of a dirty cop. When he helped Langston out, in last year’s finale, he weighed the repercussions of his friend’s act and determined that Haskell brought his fate upon himself. Langston didn’t deserve to have his life ruined over it.

You know, I've been thinking and I'm glad he said this. This actually helps with how I feel about Brass.

I mean Brass still did wrong, but yeah, he probably didn't deserve his life to be ruined over it. Now I am not saying he should still be a CSI and that our team should have to deal with it, but it makes me feel better about Brass. :)

Back