Interview: Peter Lenkov and Zachary Reiter

CSI Files

Captain
The ‘CSI: NY’ showrunner and co-executive producer preview the final two episodes of the season, and Lenkov discusses his new fall show, ‘Hawaii 5-O.’ Spoilers inside! Big changes are ahead for CSI: NY: the show is moving to Friday nights at 9pm in the fall, and showrunner Peter Lenkov, who has helmed the show for the [...]

More...

Thank you for the awesome interview! :) Though, I skipped the questions regarding the last two episodes because I am spoiler free as possible but a little tease will be okay. :)

My comments:
- Please no Adam/Stella. A few funny moments will do but no romantic relationship
- No soap opera arc as Zach said for season 7 please!
- Sad to know Peter is leaving NY. I'll be watching Hawaii because he's an awesome writer.
-

Great interview. :D

I'm still not fond of the love triangle. Mac and Aubrey seem like a very good match.
Interested to see the finale. But seriously, it's not that big of a deal to loose your badge?? :confused:

Looking forward the the Rear Window-esque episode.

Thanks for that :D.

Hope some good stuff is burbling away in development for next season. It's always heartening to hear those involved speak on the intent and what they think exemplifies the show and makes it work.

Hope the show also manages to snag and/or hold on to some solid writers with the mass rollover of shows happening. Always a glass half full for me it seems :p.

Re badge: well. ...hmm. Shame on me for being presumptuous then :lol: but then I gotta wonder how many badges NYPD loses for it to be shrugged off so casually :p. Kinda scary. I guess it was in part the fact the show had it, oh, ya know, not just fall into a convicted serial killer's hands but deliberately targeted, and then further used in aiding his escape from a federal penitentary, that perhaps led me to think there might be some fall out depicted, predictable or not in Mac shouting @ Messer for losing his 'tin.' :p. Seems oddly selective to hype up how diabolical and evil and twisted Shane Casey is as a villain to conversely shrug off how negligible the badge is as a factor. Sheesh. Ah well. Once again, wtf do I know :lol:.

My sincere thanks to PL for NY,and congrats & best wishes for him and 5-0, I think it'll do very well :).

Last edited:
Awesome interview! Thanks for sharing, Kristine - I've really enjoyed reading all three interviews. :D

I love CSI:NY, the cast, the crew, the fans… I feel like I’m leaving home again.
We love you too, Peter! I wish him the best of luck with Hawaii Five-0 - it's probably the only one of the new series I'll check out in the fall. I hope it does well with Miami's timeslot. Maybe the third time will be the charm for Alex O'Loughlin. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing where NY goes next season - I'm not overly optimistic about it getting moved to Friday nights, but I guess we'll see how that works out in the fall. I do hope we get to see everybody in more episodes! I didn't love the rotating thing this season, but it's good to hear that the people behind the scenes were disappointed too. ;)

Meh. Their logic is not of this world. Shane Casey has no reason to have a beef with Danny. Flack wouldn't have made such a big effing deal about Danny's badge if it wasn't important. If it wasn't important they should've said that instead of leading people to believe it was, dropping it and then explaining in an interview that it wasn't important. They don't cover their gaping plot holes well at all.

A love triangle with Mac being the prize would just absolutely put the final nail in the coffin for this show. Pick one and go with it.

I loved that they talked about what Adam and Sid bring to the show and how people miss Adam and Sid whenever they're missing but didn't mention anything about Lindsay. LOL Of course that they said they'd resolve the issues with the three of them just confirms for me that the DL bullshit will continue into the next season which pisses me off not only because the finale will be a complete waste of time because we know everyone will be fine, but also because there's just one more season coming of The Messer Family crap and Danny being boring as hell.

Character is what sets NY appart. Stella has had no less than three different back stories. Danny went from a family under surveilence to a family of cops. All of the characters' ages change to be whatever the story line calls for. The only thing that they care about with the characters of NY is that their behavoir and backgrounds fit the current story of the week. Screw what happened before.

What the hell?Isn't it serious when you lose your badge?how is this even possible?
Despite the comments about Danny's badge which were irritating the interview was great!!We'll miss you Peter!I wish you the best for your new project Hawaii Five-0!!

I get that a lost badge may not be that big of a deal - but in the hands of the wrong person, it definitely is a big deal. Which is what Peter said, so I'm not really saying anything much at all...:shifty:

:lol:

PerfectAnomaly said:

A love triangle with Mac being the prize would just absolutely put the final nail in the coffin for this show. Pick one and go with it.
I think this was just a way to stir up some interest over something that will probably depend on actress availability more than anything else. Bringing Peyton back was an interesting move after all these years (and man, time flies - it doesn't seem like that long ago that "Snow Day" aired!), and the writers definitely have several ways they can go with this depending on whether Madchen and/or Claire can come back next season. May as well tease the audience a bit in the meantime. ;) It's not really my cup of tea, but it certainly has us all talking!

*resists the urge to post my Twilight manip* :lol:

I get that a lost badge may not be that big of a deal - but in the hands of the wrong person, it definitely is a big deal. Which is what Peter said, so I'm not really saying anything much at all...:shifty:

:lol:

PerfectAnomaly said:

I think this was just a way to stir up some interest over something that will probably depend on actress availability more than anything else. Bringing Peyton back was an interesting move after all these years (and man, time flies - it doesn't seem like that long ago that "Snow Day" aired!), and the writers definitely have several ways they can go with this depending on whether Madchen and/or Claire can come back next season. May as well tease the audience a bit in the meantime. ;) It's not really my cup of tea, but it certainly has us all talking!

That's true. And I have to admit with the way Peyton's return went down in the last episode I am more than a little intrigued to see how it plays out. I like both Peyton and Aubrey and think if it's done with as much class as Peyton's return has a triangle could actually be a good story line.

*resists the urge to post my Twilight manip* :lol:

Doooo Eeeeettttt!

YOU ARE TO BLAME FOR THIS!!1!

twilight-saga-new-york.png

Bask in the glory of my horrible (or is it awesomely horrible?) Photoshop skills! :D

:guffaw: :lol:
ROFLMAO!

Faylinn, you rock!

Although the 'twilight triangle' aspect of it is horrible, I would like to see how they play this out.

Back