Interview: Paul Guilfoyle

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Mar 8, 2012.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Since CSI: Crime Scene Investigation‘s first episode nearly twelve years ago, Paul Guilfoyle‘s Captain Jim Brass has put forth a sarcastic edge and tough demeanor, a personality unlike any other member of the CSI team. A struggling father trying to reach out to his troubled daughter, the character has had his share of personal and [...]

More...

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Thanks a lot Shane for the interview!!!

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

This may be one of your best interviews. :) As a veteran in the industry, Paul's answers are so insightful; and I agree with his comment about people sometimes losing sense of the creativity of a show because they get too bogged down in the details of the business or the actors personally. And, I think that's why cable shows are often creatively better.
    As to his character, Brass has good intentions, and he has a strong sense of right and wrong; but he also knows that being right doesn't always win. At times his behavior may cross the line, but that is what makes him interesting.
    And I do hope Ellie returns. I always felt that Brass' and Sara's back stories were the most interesting. My wish list for next season is to see Ellie and Sara's mother.

Thanks, Shane, for another great interview! And thanks to PG for a great character. :)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Awesome interview, Shane, thanks for sharing! :D

He's got great thoughts about the show - and how people view it. I'd love to see Ellie again, that's just a really, really interesting storyline for Brass. He doesn't get a lot of personal focus on the show, so anything that delves into his personal life is always welcome.

5. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Another excellent interview Shane! I found this one particularly fascinating and insightful, it looks like Paul had a lot to say and I agree with a lot of it.

I particularly like how he criticised the way TV shows are run, for their income not necessarily their creative quality or entertainment value. A lot of it was very thought-provoking. :)

I love how he is dedicated to the show yet he seems quite open at (arguably) criticising it in some aspects as well. This particular answer intrigued me the most:
    To me, that echoes what a lot of us have been complaining about the past two or more seasons about the show becoming The Ray Langston Show. I realise it's not a new opinion, but it's almost amplified when it comes from one the prominent actors on the show.

Really fascinating interview. Many thanks to Shaun and Paul for taking the time to conduct it. :)

6. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

^ Doesn't surprise me he feels that way, and I'm sure more cast members felt that way

Thanks for the great interview Shane!

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Thanks for the kind words. :)