Interview: Joshua Caldwell

CSI Files

Captain
In 2009, Anthony E. Zuiker*launched a brand new media platform. The Digi-novel concept was featured throughout the entire Level 26*franchise, Zuiker’s first project after leaving CSI. Now, just a little more than two years since Level 26: Dark Origins*was released, the book series comes to an end, and with it, a final installment of cyber-bridges, [...]

More...

Awesome interview, Shane, as always. Thanks for sharing! :D

It's cool to hear about people who worked their way up through the business, especially when their career grows organically and takes seemingly-random turns. It makes you wonder what they'd think if you'd told them 10 years ago where they would be now, you know?

This digi-novel thing is interesting, and I'm kind of surprised that they're ending the Level 26 series here - but three books is a good number for a series, and they can always reuse the concept for a different series down the line. It definitely seems like the kind of thing that's a bit ahead of its time. I would hate to think of print books becoming a thing of the past (although it's already happening in some ways), but as more and more people read on ebook devices, the transition between book and video content will get more seamless.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I've seen the first few cyber-bridges so far, and Josh did a good job directing them. It's always funny to see the CSI:NY sets in the bridges, but that obviously helped with the budget!

Back