Interview: Christopher Barbour

CSI Files

Captain
Christopher Barbour*joined CSI: Crime Scene Investigation*at the start of Season Six in the clearance department. His first script for the series, “Lying Down With Dogs,” was produced during Season Eight and earned him a Genesis Award in 2008. Since then, he’s worked on “Long Ball,” “House of Hoarders,” “The Two Mrs Grissoms” and co-wrote CSI‘s [...]

More...

Ooh, interesting stuff - thanks for sharing, Shane! I'm looking forward to the "Willowlogy" and seeing how that all pans out for Catherine's character.

I think DB's addition to the team has worked out well for Catherine's exit. He really provides a different frame of reference than any of the other characters, as someone who has a fulfilling life at work and at home. (That's not to say that other characters don't have fulfilling lives, of course, just that he's so different from what we usually see for the CSIs.) It makes it even more believable that Catherine is starting to search for something that is missing. I'm sure she would have reached that point in her life anyway, but DB's addition to the team certainly feels like a catalyst for some of those thoughts.

Back