Interview: Anthony E. Zuiker

CSI Files

Captain
CSI fans got a treat in season eleven of the flagship show with CSI: Crime Scene Investigation creator Anthony E. Zuiker‘s return to the writers’ room full time. In addition to penning this week’s entry, “Sqweegel”, which features a character from his debut novel Level 26:*Dark Origins, Zuiker is releasing his second novel with co-author [...]

More...

Those are the biggest mistakes I made in CSI: New York when we were doing stories about the docks or sandhogs or real estate—things you couldn’t sell. It wasn’t going to work in a promo.

I thought those type of stories were more natural and realistic. But selling them now might be harder. Casual viewers must be pleased with promos to make them watch the episode. As a fan, I really don't care how simple or awesome the promo for an episode is because I'll always be watching anyway.

Awesome interview, Kristine! Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

I'm curious to see how Sqweegel works on CSI this week.

Last edited:
This interview was from CSI files? Awesome! Thanks for sharing! :) Do we have something from CSI: NY's Pam Veasey?

^^ Yep, Kristine does interviews sometimes. She's awesome like that. ;)

Here are the interviews that have been done since CSI Files switched to Wordpress, and here is an archive of the older interviews before the shift.

Those are the biggest mistakes I made in CSI: New York when we were doing stories about the docks or sandhogs or real estate—things you couldn’t sell. It wasn’t going to work in a promo.

It's a sad commentary that an entire story can be dismissed as a "mistake" because you can't make a glitzy, 30 second promo out of it. :wtf: :rolleyes: I'd take any story from S1 over some of the crap they produced in S4-S6. Good stories will bring loyal viewers to the yard, regardles of how snazzy the promo is.

Back