Interview: Alec Smight

CSI Files

Captain
Alec Smight*has directed over twenty episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation*and there’s no sign of him slowing down. Employed since CSI’s*inception, Smight started off as an editor and gradually explored other avenues behind-the-scenes such as producing and directing. His latest episode–which airs this Wednesday–marks the fourth time Smight has played a critical role in a [...]

More...

Great interview as always, Shane - thanks for sharing! :)

Alec is definitely busy on CSI this year! It's always fun to read about people who started out in one capacity and then expanded their resume to include other stuff. I like learning more about the people behind the scenes. :D

Thanks for the interview, Shane.

I've always felt that editing is such an important part of any film, as it brings the story together in a way that viewers can understand; a really good editor allows the story to flow seamlessly, and believably. I would imagine that being an editor first, before becoming a director, could only help him.

Was his directorial debut The Unusual Suspect ? I can't think of any other episodes, besides this and Gum Drops, that WP wasn't in.

I like these behind the scenes interviews. Nicely done.

Was his directorial debut The Unusual Suspect ? I can't think of any other episodes, besides this and Gum Drops, that WP wasn't in. .

Also Hollywood Brass, Sweet Jane, and Redrum :)

Okay. Busted. But I was thinking of episodes pre-sabatical. :)
Although, Hollywood Brass was completely off my radar. LOL

Thanks, Shane.
Interesting that he was also involved in a Hannah comeback in 'Goodbye and Good Luck'. I know CSI often gets criticized for its continuity, but, for a procedural, I think it does pretty darn good. And, like Alec said, you have to look at the big picture.

Back