Interview: A.J. Buckley

CSI Files

Captain
The CSI: NY cast is back to work this week as production for the upcoming eighth season starts *up. Taking time out of his busy filming schedule*AJ Buckley, who plays geeky lab tech Adam Ross,*spoke with CSI Files’ Shane Saunders about the odds of season eight being the series’ last, details surrounding the upcoming season [...]

More...

Awesome interview, Shane! I love AJ, so it's always fun to hear what he has to say (or read what he has to say, as it were :p). I'm a bit bummed that we're only getting 18 episodes for sure this season, but it's better than the 0 I thought we'd be getting there for a while!

Hopefully Adam gets some great material this season, especially if the show get canceled after season 8.

Great interview!
Bummed that he seems to think this may be the last season, but he has a great attitude and work ethic. He's very appreciative of his time on the show, and I wish him a lot of luck in his future endeavors. It's fun for me when I recognize a CSI actor on another project.

It would be nice to see him working in the field. Adam needs a promotion! He doesn't need to be a 'lab rat' forever.

Great interview. I'd love to see some focus on Adam, but I'm not holding my breath. I have a feeling he's probably last on their list for development. :( Hopefully I'm wrong.

On a side note, I don't get why people keep thinking Gary isn't going to be around much longer. Since the last season was drawing to a close he's done nothing but Tweet about how he wanted an 8th season and when they got it he's done nothing but Tweet about how excited he is about it. To me it seems like he's in it until it's the end of the line.

Thanks, guys! A.J. is hilarious... we kept cracking up about the Twilight stuff. :lol: I had a great time chatting with him. :)

On a side note, I don't get why people keep thinking Gary isn't going to be around much longer. Since the last season was drawing to a close he's done nothing but Tweet about how he wanted an 8th season and when they got it he's done nothing but Tweet about how excited he is about it. To me it seems like he's in it until it's the end of the line.

It's hard to pinpoint an exact reason why people believe Gary is leaving. Personally, I think after the Melina situation from last year, fans became a bit more paranoid about future departures.

CSI Files: Were you caught off-guard last summer when it was announced Sela was joining the show and Melina Kanakaraedes would not be returning?

Buckley: Yeah, I was a little caught off-guard. But again, at this point in the game and you’re this far along it shouldn’t really surprise you anymore. If it was like season three or four you’d be like, “huh?” It was sad to see Melina go but we got Sela out of it and it’s been awesome. Not that any of them are better than each other, but it’s just been a different take on a character. It’s been a fresh sort of start.

CSI Files: Talk CSI visitors continue to voice interest in Melina returning. Do you think that could ever come to fruition?

Buckley: She might come back because she misses the love from Adam, what?! [laughs] She wants Round Two. [laughs] I don’t know, I don’t know. It could be interesting. Again, if this is the last season I’m excited to see where these episodes go. I think it’s gonna ramp up everything and push the envelope a little more because we can.

I would move mountains, fight for the U.S. Army, even traverse the continents around the world, to convince MK to return to CSI:NY. :D

I'll go out on a limb and not buy into the "Only Melina! No Sela!" bandwagon and say that it would be potentially great to see Melina AND Sela on-screen with Mac having a serious and/or difficult triagulation (Not shippy-romance-wise) between himself, his current assistant supervisor, and now CSI: New Orleans supervisor Stella over a case involving a suspect that has struck both the Big Easy and Big Apple. :D It would be great to see down the road. :D

If it happens MK returns as a recurring star, or even return full-time (I don't want Sela to be pushed out though) I would feel a huge part of my TV-Self restored almost literally overnight. :)

Either way, I would be moving mountains, or walk Heaven and Earth to have MK back on the show again, at least before CBS and/or company decide it's time to call it in and retire the show for good.

Back