International TV Audience Award

blackflag

Chocoholic for Life
This is the one they used to win all the time in Monte-Carlo. They're up against "The Flash" and "Criminal Minds". Hopefully they can win it once more - for old times sake.

Can 'CSI' regain its position as world's most-watched TV series?

The American TV show is among three US series in the running for this year's International TV Audience Awards, alongside "The Flash" and "Criminal Minds," the event organisers, Eurodata TV Worldwide and the Festival de Télévision de Monte-Carlo, have announced.

The world's most-watched TV series in 2015 will be named at the 56th Festival de Télévision de Monte-Carlo, which runs June 12 to 16, 2016, in Monaco.

This year's prize is sure to go to an American series. The three shows named in the "Drama TV Series" category all come from the USA.

Already in the running last year, "Criminal Minds," is again among this year's finalists, alongside new arrival "The Flash" and "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," which could move back into the top spot after being overtaken in recent years by "NCIS."

In the "Comedy TV Series" category, last year's winner, "How I Met Your Mother," will be replaced by one of three other American comedy shows: "Modern Family," "Two and a Half Men" or "The Big Bang Theory," which is already the most-watched comedy series in the USA.

Wow, I'm surprised CSI is nominated again--I thought for sure NCIS would win it again this year, or at least be nominated. :eek:

It would be great if CSI won it, though. :D

They did it.

‘CSI’ Lives On, Wins Most Watched Drama Series Award At Monte Carlo TV Festival

American viewers may have bid farewell to CSI a year ago but the long-running CBS drama procedural continues to be very popular around the world. The mothership series was named again as most watched drama series in the world at the Monte-Carlo TV Festival. This is a sixth win for the series, more than any other show by a mile. The only other multiple winners in the category are CBS spinoff CSI: Miami (twice) and fellow CBS crime procedural NCIS, which won for the last two years. On the comedy side, CBS’ flagship comedy The Big Bang Theory nabbed the top spot, which it previously held in 2013. Like CSI, it was a series that had ended its run in the US a year prior, CBS comedy How I Met Your Mother, that was named No.1 comedy series last year.

US television had two representatives in the juried comedy and drama categories. AMC’s praised new series Better Call Saul was a surprising comedy entry, winning for best comedy series and best comedy actor, Bob Odenkirk.

Speaking of surprises, Marcia Gay Harden of CBS’ lower profile bubble drama Code Black, which snagged an 11-th hour renewal, was named best actress in a drama series. (She, of course is an Oscar winner.)

BBC’s River was named best drama series, while Sharon Horgan won best comedy actress for her UK series Catastrophe that airs on Amazon in the US. Jonas Nay of the praised German series Deutschland 83, carried by SundanceTV in the US, was named best drama actor. Here is the list:

INTERNATIONAL TV AUDIENCE AWARDS

Best Drama TV Series
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
CBS Studios International USA

Best Comedy TV Series
The Big Bang Theory
Warner Bros. USA

Woohoo! I'm not surprised they had the highest viewership, considering the simultaneous worldwide airings of "Immortality", but it's still great to see that CSI has such a large audience. :D

Back