Injured Officer: CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ladyhunter, Apr 12, 2008.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

In light of the other night's episode... I had to write this with Mac and Stella for
    Chadini's Crime Code Challenge #9

He woke up in a hospital room in total darkness. The only sound was a beeping sound in the background. A small amount of light was emanating from the window into the room.
    Otherwise, he was alone and in darkness. He didn’t feel afraid but more like embarrassed, shown up, and now totally alone.

Mac Taylor knew his actions were not the right ones. He knew that there would be consequences. But what he didn’t know was how she would make him feel.

“Mac Taylor,” a voice broke his thoughts. “WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING?” Stella Bonasera’s voice filled his empty room.

In typical Stella, whirlwind fashion, she parked herself next to his bed and immediately threw up her hands towards his face. Her shoulder-length tightly curled hair flew through the air as her head turned towards his.

“If didn’t know better, I think you had a death wish, I mean WHY were you even there? Flack said there were gun shots coming from the other side of the hotel room door. One almost hit him. Then YOU show up because there was a missing piece of evidence….” Her angry voice questioned him. Then she stopped mid-sentence.

Her hands fell back to her sides upon looking at him. His face was pale. The hospital gown he was in made him look more pathetic. His leg was elevated and a wrapped in sterile dressing. Her eyes fell on his bandaged leg and a sympathetic look came across her face.

“Mac,” She started in a much calmer voice, “why were you there?”

He had rehearsed his answer over and over. What was he going to say to her as the bullet penetrated his leg? When was he going to tell her that she means more to him than even he realized? And the most frightening thought of all…. That he would never see Stella Bonasera again.

“Stella I’m really not even sure where to start,” Mac his weak voice began. He had to turn away from her as to not let on his humiliation of the moment.

Her tone changed almost immediately when she noticed how vulnerable he seemed. The infallible Mac Taylor was lying in a hospital bed with a self-inflicted injury. Not a real self-inflicted injury, but deep down, he somehow felt like it was.

“It’s okay; I think I know why you were there?” She stopped him. Her hand turned his face towards hers.

“You do,” he asked as his eyebrows lifted. Panic filled him. He could feel his heart begin to beat a little faster.

“Mac, you don’t have to explain things to me. It’s ME, remember?” She told him while she affectionately stroked his still pale face.

“You don’t owe me an explanation. You were just doing your job. I just wish you hadn’t gone into such a dangerous situation. I was worried about you.” Her green eyes smiled at him.

“Stel,” He began again. He so desperately wanted to tell her about his feelings for her. How the idea of never seeing her again scared the hell out of him. How he couldn’t live without her knowing that he had fallen in love with her.

He slammed his eyes closed as the throbbing in his leg began to get the better of him.

“I should go,” she said noticing the pain that began to show on his face. She leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead. “I’ll check back with you later,” she whispered hovering close to his face.

“Okay,” He somehow mustered.

“Mac,” she called from the doorway. “I’m glad you are okay.” A big smile crossed her beautiful face. His heart sank as he watched her walk out of the room.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

nice...I like these kinds of fics. Is there going to be more?

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

No of this fic, but I do have more SMACked ideas in mind. :D

4. xPORCELAINDOLLx

xPORCELAINDOLLx Dead on Arrival

I like this. It's really cute.