In His Eyes (Talleigh)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Wyoming, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Title: In His Eyes
    Author: Wyoming
    Pairing: Speed/Calleigh
    Warnings: None
    Rating: K+
    A/N: Not beta'd? Don't like? Don't read.

Summary: Tim and Calleigh fall in love, but when their parents meet, nothing goes well at all. Cal struggles with the choice of being shunned from her family, or staying with the one she loves.

Chapter 1

Calleigh smiled as she swam back to the dock and pulled herself up the ladder. Droplets of water fell over her slim body and landed back to its origin. She laughed when a hand grabbed her and pulled her back in, dunking her under the water again. She brought herself back up and opened her eyes to see the brown haired man that she was quickly falling for.

He smiled back at her and waded in the water. They’d taken a vacation together, as friends, but he was hoping out that they would come back with an entirely different title for them. He knew he’d been in love with the blonde haired bombshell since she stepped foot in his workplace, but he wasn’t quite sure what to do about it.

Calleigh laughed and dunked Timothy Speedle, her co-worker and friend, back into the water and quickly swam as far as she could. She was stopped by a hand around her ankle, and she was yanked back to the warm body that had convinced her to go swimming in the bacteria infested lake that they were in at the moment. She felt water rush past her, and then warmth. His body in close contact with hers, his strong arms had his hold on her, and it was enough to make her heart quicken its pace.

She opened her eyes and looked up at him, noting just how perfectly shaded his chestnut brown eyes were. They were like binoculars into his mind; she could read him at any given moment. The only thing she couldn’t see was the love he had for her. Every other emotion he felt was at her fingertips, but he refused to show her the one emotion that could change their lives.

“Gotcha.”

One simple word was enough to make her heart flutter. His rough voice in contrast to the absolutely irreplaceable heart-lifting moment that they were having was almost enough to make her spill every single thought she had of him.

Almost.

Her back was against his chest, and his arms were around her stomach, holding her close to him. She closed her eyes and breathed in, then opened her eyes and turned herself towards him. His dark eyes were staring down at her bright ones. He wanted to lean down and kiss her, but that would be breaking a barrier that neither of them seemed to want to venture past just yet.

“You got me,” she said in a defeated voice as she cast one of her beautiful, yet contagious smiles at him. Just as he always did, he caught the Calleigh Duquesne virus and smiled back at her, something he very rarely did.

She loved how she was seemingly the only one that could make him smile. His face lit up when she so much as entered the room. She seemed to be the only one that didn’t notice she had that effect on him. Other people had told her, but she just laughed and told them they were imagining things, although she wanted them to be true.

Calleigh felt the contrast of the warm Miami water with the cold Miami wind, and shivered. She became cold. He noticed, and he turned his face into one of concern for her comfort.
    “Are you cold?” he asked her softly as he watched her shiver again. She nodded, and he held her closer, letting her head on his chest. He swam them over to the bank, and walked out of the water as he continued to carry her. He took her to the cabin they’d been staying at, and wrapped her in a towel. She thought that maybe, just maybe he did feel the same way, but she quickly figured that it was just a friendly gesture and that he was only doing it so that her father wouldn’t kill him when she came back with pneumonia.

After she was dried off, Tim led her to the bed that they’d been sharing. It was cheaper to rent a cabin with only one bedroom, so they’d decided just to tough it out, not that there was anything tough about it for either of them.

But they never broke the barrier. They each slept on their respective side of the bed, and never touched. Although both of them wanted to move to the other side, on “accident”, none of them made the move.

As Calleigh made her way to the bed, she couldn’t help but wish he was taking her to bed for a different reason, but that wouldn’t happen, she thought. She lay down in the bed and Tim tucked her in, so to speak. He told her he was going to take a shower, and that he would join her when he was finished. She nodded and fell asleep quickly, only to wake when she felt a shift on the bed.

As sudden as a car collision, Cal felt like she hit a brick wall. Her nose was stuffy, she had a cold sweat, and she was sneezing. Tim turned towards her and noticed how bad her sweating had been. He put his hand on her head and felt that she was cold as ice.

“Calleigh, you’re freezing,” he said caringly. “Come here.”

With that, he pulled her close, and broke the boundary that they’d set for each other when they first saw the bed. She sniffled and buried her head into his chest, hoping that she wouldn’t make him sick, because if she did, she’d feel horrible.

The next morning, she woke to found herself in almost the same position that they were in the night before, but this time, her legs were tangled in his, and he had his head resting peacefully on her pillow. She smiled a little and reached up to cuddle her nose into her neck, which roused him.

“Good morning, how are you feeling?” Tim asked as he looked down at the southern belle before him.

“Better,” was her one word answer.

He smiled, like he usually did in her presence, and gave a sigh of relief. “That’s good.”

Calleigh looked up into his eyes, and tried to uncover what he was hiding in those eyes of his, but she couldn’t find it. It was something that he would have to uncover himself, she couldn’t do it for him this time.

As they lay there, looking into each other’s eyes, they couldn’t help but feel the attraction that they’d been lingering around for so long. It seemed as though their hearts beat as one, and there was no stopping it.

Speed dipped his head down, giving her time to pull away if she wanted to, but no such response happened. In that case, he dipped his head down the rest of the way and pressed his lips to hers. She felt a wave of relief over her and all her emotions poured out in that kiss. The morning ended with an exchange of words that would change their lives forever.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

TBC

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Breathtaking. :eek: That's the one word that sums up this fic....So far. :D

Wow I loved it! The point of view from both Speed and Calleigh were a real joy to read and the suspence of who was going to act on their feelings first was a real treat. :D See, we all know they love each other!

Great job, can't wait to see what happens. :)

3. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

^ I second that!

It's great to have some Talleigh, because so far you're the only ones who writes Talleigh fics and you're such a good writer. It's great to read something that we know won't happen on the show until Speed comes out of his undercover work. :D Wow. And the parents clash? Can't wait.

Great job so far! :D

4. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Thanks for the reviews :D here's another update for you!

Chapter 2

A few months passed, and Calleigh and Tim’s relationship turned from a small fling into a serious relationship. They were having a small get together tonight, to meet the parents, and have the Speedle’s and Duquesne’s meet as well. Calleigh was nervous to the point where she was shaking. It was just a few minutes before the families were scheduled to arrive.

“Calm down sweetheart, everything is going to be fine,” Tim told her as he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her. Calleigh relaxed just a little and rested into him as he held her. He reached over and kissed her forehead as he waited for the families to show up.

Soon enough, the oven made itself known by telling Calleigh that the chicken she’d been cooking was finished. She ran to the kitchen just as the doorbell rang, it was Tim’s parents, which he was glad for, since it would have been awkward to usher the Duquesne’s in when they didn’t even know who he was.

Calleigh set the table and then came out to greet Tim’s parents. They seemed hesitant. Neither of them seemed to like Calleigh, and she was discouraged. She could tell this night wasn’t going to go well.

Next, the Duquesne’s came in, and Calleigh hugged her mother and father, who agreed to get along just for tonight so that they could meet their little lambchop’s boyfriend. As luck would have it, the Duquesne’s were hostile to all the members of the Speedle family, and vice versa. This wasn’t going good.

“I hope you guys are hungry, I made lots of food,” Calleigh said with the sweetest tone she could. She wanted to be extra polite for the Speedle family.

They all sat down at the table, and Mr. Speedle was the first to spark an argument.

“You should have let Timmy here cook, he comes from a family of chefs, we used to own a restaurant up in New York, he’s a great cook.”

“Yes, well our Calleigh has been making dinner since she was 4 years old. She used to help her momma and stand on a stool, she turned out to be a great cook, and she’ll make a great wife one day too, as soon as she finds a good man to marry,” Calleigh’s dad chimed in.

“Daddy!” Calleigh exclaimed as she gave him a harsh look. Tim put his hand over Calleigh’s and patted it a little.

“It’s alright sweetheart,” he comforted. Calleigh was about to say something, but was cut off by Speed’s mom.

“Well you know, our Timmy might not be perfect but at least he’s disciplined. Look at your daughter, she’s perfect. I bet you gave her everything her little heart desired when she was younger. We taught Tim the value of a dollar as soon as he was old enough to learn,” Mrs. Speedle chimed in.

“Mom!” Tim hissed as he gave her the same harsh look that Calleigh had given her dad. Mrs. Speedle just shrugged and looked over at the Duquesne’s with a disgusted visage.

“Lambchop, how can you see anything in that man? He hasn’t even shaved! A true gentleman would want to look presentable for a night like this,” Mr. Duquesne decided to add.

Calleigh was fed up with everybody. There was not one nice word exchanged between the families, and Calleigh felt completely undermined. “That’s enough! If I had known you were going to be like this, I wouldn’t have invited you in the first place. I understand that each of you doesn’t want to picture your baby growing up and falling in love, but face it! It’s happening anyway and there’s nothing you can do to stop it! Family is the most important thing in my life, and I want Tim to be a part of mine, I love him with all of my heart and I wouldn’t give him up just because you guys can’t stop fighting! So if you don’t like each other then fine! You don’t have to, but at least respect the fact that you’re going to have to be a part of each other’s lives whether you like it or not,” Cal announced angrily.

“No Calleigh, I will not have you living with this man, he’s dirty and he’s a Yankee, you will come with us and you will marry who we say you can marry. If you don’t want to come back with us, then you can take the family you value so much and flush it down the toilet,” Mrs. Duquesne said.

Calleigh dropped her jaw and looked at her mother as if she was 13 years old again and had just been grounded from going out with friends. “But mom!”

“No buts Calleigh, I will not have you dating stinky men like him, let’s go Cal, now.”

“No mom.”

“Now!”

Calleigh sighed and looked at Tim, teary eyed. “I’m sorry,” she said lightly as she gave him one last kiss on the cheek, and walked out with her family. As she said, family is the most important thing to her, which is why she gave up so easily. She was never one to argue with her mother when she got as serious as that. The point was, she was always going to be a momma’s girl, and she would always obey her, as much as she didn’t want to.

When they were gone, Tim sat down with his head in his hands. “Good riddance,” spat Mr. Speedle.

“I hate you, I hate you so much! I love her! How could you do a thing like that to me? You totally and completely disrespected her. You know what, she may be momma’s little girl, but I sure am not momma’s little boy, and after that, I really wish that I hadn’t invited you, and I wish that you can feel how Calleigh probably feels right now, because I bet you you’d feel like a pile of crap at the moment. You guys really did it this time, get out of my house.”

“Timmy,” her mother cooed, trying to get back on her son’s good side.

“OUT!” he screamed as he pointed towards the door.

The Speedle’s looked at each other, and then left Tim’s house. After they were gone, he put his head in his hands and held back tears of pain. He’d never felt at such a loss in his life. Calleigh had come into her life as easily as she was taken out of it. The only difference was that it hurt a whole lot more when she was taken out.

Meanwhile, at Calleigh’s house, her parents had sat down next to her on the couch as she cried. They filled her head with lies, and tried to sound like they were soothing her, when really they were just telling her untrue statements that would haunt her.

“Calleigh, you can do so much better than him. You could marry a nice doctor who has lots of money and will love you for who you are, and not what you have to offer.”

“Tim does love me for who I am! Can’t you see that mom?” Cal cried. “He was the only thing in the world that made me happy, and you just had to go yank him away from me didn’t you? You’re so obsessed with me marrying some rich doctor that you don’t care how happy I am! I hate you!”

“Lambchop, that’s not true, we want you to be happy, we just want you to be with a man who’s going to treat you right,” said Kenwall Duquesne.

“He does treat me right daddy! He loves me and cares for me and he even bought me a really nice ring for Valentine’s Day,” Cal said as she held out her hand to show a ring that looked pretty expensive. “He loves me and I love him. I’m not sure I can live without him,” Cal cried.

“It’s alright lambchop, everything will turn out just fine as soon as you get over him.”

Calleigh rolled her eyes and fell back onto the couch and let her tears flow down her face. She was devastated that her family was keeping her from her love. She didn’t know what to do. Should she break away from her parents, who brought her up and taught her that family meant everything? Or should she go back to the man she loved, and shun herself from her family? She didn’t know what to do, either way her heart was going to be torn into two.

TBC

5. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Ah gosh, meet the parents. :D That was so amazingly written, I could see each of them saying that. Very realistic, very sad though- Cal, pic Speed! :D
    Why do parents have to be that way?
    You're such a talented writer, I went back just now and read all of the Talleigh RP and I was just amazed- can't wait for more Talleigh love and these parents... :)

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Gah. I'll go in there and beat them up myself. They disgust me. :lol:

I would have expected a little more from Kenwall. :p

Great chapter! I love the sincerity in Calleigh's emotions and her rant to the parents was pretty kick-butt. I'm glad she told them off but I'm a little sad that she's still listening to them. She should get to pick who she loves, her parents shouldn't pick for her. Bad parents. *slaps them*

And Speed's parents. Goodness gracious...Okay I would have expected that from them. They're Speedles afterall. They don't trust anyone. :lol: Hee. But YAY Speed yelled at them too. GO SPEED!

Excellent job Jess, keep going!

7. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

Wow, this is amazing work as usual Jess! :D Excellent characterisation :p (I think I spelt that right :eek: :lol: ) I'm gonna go put this topic in my favorites ;)

8. Joe

Joe Witness

Amazing, like always Jess. Seriously, just wow.

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Nicely written Wyoming, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work. :)

10. Still_RIP_Speed

Still_RIP_Speed Police Officer

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Talleigh fic...got to love it.and got to love your writting Jess, I always do...can't wait for more...but I'm not sure if my tear ducts can take it!!!

11. Tristianna

Tristianna Police Officer

AH....meeting the parents.....

Very well written Wyoming! I hope to see more soon.