If you could bring one character back, who would it be?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hardline Pro, Apr 2, 2011.

?

If you could bring one character back, who would it be?

1. Jesse Cardoza (Eddie Cibrian)

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Dr. Tara Price (Megalyn Echikunwoke)

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Dr. Alexx Woods (Khandi Alexander)

24 vote(s)
    35.8%
  4. Det. Yelina Salas (Sofia Milos)

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Det. Timothy Speedle (Rory Cochrane)

23 vote(s)
    34.3%
  6. Lt. Megan Donner (Kim Delaney)

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

If you could bring one character in CSI: Miami back as a series regular, who would it be?

2. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Though there's no way to bring him back, definitely Speedle. The show lost something special when he died, and it never really got it back. Speedle was just an average guy doing his job, not a saint-like crusader like the rest of them sometimes come off as. And his rapport with the rest of the team has yet to be matched.

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I liked Speedle but I didn't start to watch from season 1 therefore I'm not really missing Speed. I like his character though. But I would really like Alexx and Yelina back, women with a class :)

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Definitely Yelina...I think she could have some great development with Horatio...It would be even more interesting if they could also bring Susie and Madison back...I loved that storyline!!!

5. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

It was a tough choice between Alexx and her CSI buddy Tim Speedle, but I have to agree with redanemone - a lot was lost when Tim Speedle died, and the friendships between the team members has never been the same. It's only now starting to get less stiff. I think redanemone's comments say it best, but I would add that Horatio Caine became a lot more stoic and distant from the team shortly after Speed's death. Horatio has never been the same, and he's the one team member - the supposed leader - who has become so distant and removed from his team's problems, unless he has the chance to play "superman" and save them. :rolleyes:

For me, Speed was the "everyman" who brought a dry sense of humor and a quirky perspective to the show - it would've been awesome if he got a storyline about his family or something other than his gun jamming...:rolleyes:

I miss Alexx a lot, but the new doctor has really grown on me, and we know Alexx still pops up from time to time in cameos, so it's all good :)

6. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Definitely Tim Speedle! None of the newer characters were able to, or even came close to filling the void he left behind.
    I missed Alexx when she was first gone, and really wished she'd be back especially when they brought Tara as an ME. But since Dr. Loman's appearance, I think that position is well-covered; the actor's doing a great job in bringing a unique angle to the character.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Actually,I think I would rather see some of the earlier writers return than a character.

8. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I pick for speed to come back ...

9. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

The poll would let me choose only one.

Speed--I loved his biting sense of humor as well as his sympathy (Innocent)
    Alexx
    Yelina
    Rick Stetler--Yeah, I know he wasn't in the poll, but the show is lacking something only he could provide.

10. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Jesse

Rick gets a write in vote from me as well

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

That gets my vote.

As for a character, though, definitely Speed. :cool: He was a pretty grounded character and brought everyone else back down to reality. I also loved (like was mentioned above) that he was just a regular guy performing a job to the best of his abilities. He didn't try to be a hero, and that was refreshing to see. I also liked that he was more interested in the science than chasing people down and...well, talking to them. :lol:

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Alexx for me. I really miss Alexx and love seeing Khandi back for guest appearances, but it's not the same. Buut, props to Christian Clemenson/Tom Loman, because he makes me miss her a lot less than Tara did. :lol:

If I can also add someone that's not on the poll, as a villain, I LOVED Ron Saris. But he just went away and we haven't heard from him since. It would be awesome of them to bring him back, as long as Julia didn't come with him. Sadly they seem to come together so I doubt that would happen. :(

Or, Kyle. Just so we know he's still alive.

13. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Ron Saris definitely gets a write-in from me.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yelina:

One, because she and Horatio had great chemistry and I would've loved for those two to develop what was so clearly there. Two, because she has a really strong female presence that having a lack of Calleigh this season was greatly needed. Natalia definitely doesn't cut it for me. Yelina was a great character and all these seasons later I still miss her on the show.

Speedle:

Another really awesome character. Unique, funny, and with great rapport with the rest of the team. I loved his sarcasm and dry humor. It was a great treat to watch him and Eric interact and even greater when there was a scene between him, Eric, and Cal. The show definitely lost a lot when he left. If there was any way to un-dead him and if Rory agreed to come back it would be very much welcomed by this fan :).

Alexx:

Unique and motherly. I miss her scenes with Calleigh and Horatio especially. Her motherly attitude towards Calleigh was always a treat to watch and I always thought that because of age and experience Horatio could relate to her in a deeper level than with the rest of the team.

So pretty much the people of the first two seasons except Megan.

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It would have to be Speed. He was a great character. He was commited, but not as uptight as the others. Definitely unique.
    I missed Alexx when she first left, but as people have said Lomax is a good replacement. I really liked Yelina in season 2, but since then her character has become a shell of what it once was. Im not fussed on that portrayal of Yelina.