If There's A Writers Strike, Will It Affect The 3 CSI Shows?

Re: If There's A Writers Strike, Will It Affect The 3 CSI Sh

Yep, they're caught up with the scripts that were written, so now there's nothing to film.

Hopefully, the fact that the WGA and the AMPTP are going to resume negotiations on Monday is a good sign that the strike will end sooner rather than later...

Hopefully the bellies full of thanksgiving turkeys will lead to an agreement

I wonder why if CSI:Miami and NY have 13-14 episodes done, why does CSI only have 11? Seems to me like they'd all be about the same. Only three CSI episodes left and if the strike doesn't end soon that will be it.

Faylinn said:
There won't be new writers during the strike--there just won't be any episodes written, re-written, etc. Once the scripts that have been finished are used up, production will have to stop on the shows until the strike is over or they come to some sort of agreement. And at this point, it's looking like it'll be a long process--so I'm expecting this to feel a bit like a second hiatus. If it goes on too long, the seasons could be cut short. But there's really no telling how things will work out.

I really hope it doesn't drag out long enough to cut seasons short for shows, but that seems like a very real possibility for some shows (not specifically CSI shows) even if it only goes on a short while longer. Either that or hastily thrown together shows. Once taping for the current season goes very far beyond when they'd normally go, some actors (or directors) may have other committments for movies or other projects. I don't know how that would affect things -- whether one contract trumps the other even if dates change, etc...

Shortened seasons could really screw up seasonal arcs in shows, too. I hope it doesn't happen.

It's a complicated situation, but one I hope they can work out soon.

Back