Icon Challenge #18: Phantom Of The Opera - WINNERS UP!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Jan 21, 2007.

1. wibble

wibble Corpse

This week we're gonna do Phantom of the Opera :) Now originally, I was just going to give you caps of the Phantom, but I decided I might be the target of flying debris and rotten vegetables if I didn't include caps of the rest of the cast ;)

So as a special treat for this week, I'm giving y'all 20 caps instead of the normal 5 :) They include all 3 main characters (Raoul, Christine and the Phantom), plus one group shot from the Masquerade scene (couldn't resist ;)). Oh, and one of Carlotta :p

Without further ado, here are the caps you can choose from to make your icon(s).

POTO01
    POTO02
    POTO03
    POTO04
    POTO05
    POTO06
    POTO07
    POTO08
    POTO09
    POTO10
    POTO11
    POTO12
    POTO13
    POTO14
    POTO15
    POTO16
    POTO17
    POTO18
    POTO19
    POTO20

Here are the RULESplease read them carefully before creating your icon and entering it:

[1] You must enter your icon(s) at ONE of 2 levels: beginner or advanced. Please state clearly when you send your entries to DaWacko by PM which level you are entering at.

[2] You can enter up to 3 icons, using the caps provided above. PLEASE NOTE - if you are going to make more than 1 icon, please use a different screencap for each one.

[3] You have until 5 p.m. GMT Saturday 27th January to complete your icon and submit it. PLEASE NOTE – you must PM your entry to DaWacko, not myself.

[4] Your icons must be 100x100 pixels in size – it is any bigger, it will be re-sized, and those never look so good. So please make sure to make your icon so it is that particular size.

[5] The images can be cropped in any way you like. Be as creative as you wish with this step of your icon-making.

[6 I don’t want to see any vulgar words or phrases in the icons. If there is something in them that can be considered offensive, your icon will not be accepted.

[7] You must use the caps I have provided – don’t go around looking for different caps from the same film/TV show or a very similar one. If you don’t use the cap I’ve provided, your entry will not be accepted.

[8] If you need or would like help with making your icon, check out this thread over in the Fan Art forum:

Icon Tutorials

[9] Most importantly, as this is an anonymous competition like the photo ones, YOU MUST NOT POST YOUR ICONS HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified. This is make sure that the voting is unbiased, and so everyone has a fair chance of winning a banner.

Your finished icon should be uploaded to your own Photobucket account (or similar) and then PM the link to DaWacko, NOT myself. Winners may each receive a banner, available upon request via PM from Macayla.

Any questions, please feel free to post them here, or PM myself or DaWacko. :)

2. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Re: Icon Challenge #18: Phantom Of The Opera

Oh yay I love this theme. Very well chosen! I don't think I'll be able to enter though :(

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

*squeal* I've been waiting for this one! Can't wait to get started... but how will I ever decide which ones to use??

4. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Beautiful pics...I'm in.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Wow, so many pics to choose from. Thanks wibble, I love it! I'll have to start narrowing down the options tonight. :)

6. Chez

Chez CSI Level One

Already sent mine. I luv Gerard Butler as Phantom :cool:

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I've just taken a look at these pictures. :eek: Wow some great ones to choose from and so much potential. I'm in. :)

8. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

Ok, im just going to put this out there...PHANTOM ROX but..Personally, I think the play is MUCH better than the movie, sorry if I compermise peoples opinions.

9. virology101

virology101 Dead on Arrival

Hey CSISidle, I'm right there with you. I really disliked Gerard Butler as the Phantom/Erik, but this is a great idea for an icon challenge.. I may have to try to put something to-gether for this one.

Good luck everyone! :D

10. Dragonfly

I agree actually. The Phanotm is waaaaay to good looking in the movie :lol: Not nearly creepy enough. But I love it anyway.

11. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

Hey guys.

Wanna keep a secret?

I've never seen the Phantom of the Opera.

Yep.

But my drama class is going to see a play of it in April in a huge theatre, so I will in a few months.

I still entered anyway because people have told me that it's an amazingly awesome movie. Then they beat me up for not seeing it. They also beat me up for not seeing Alice in Wonderland. Although, I don't know how I've never seen that one.

*shrug*

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

where are my beginners? *sobs*

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'll be entering 3 beginners icons Ducky, but I can't pm them until tonight....Plus, so many great caps to choose from, I can't decide which ones to use! :lol:

14. Dragonfly

Mine are coming too. I'm just not happy with anything I've made. Which is sad, because I love Phantom of the Opera so much.

15. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Haha poor Ducky. Last time you needed more advanced entries, this time you need more beginners. Seems like they're teasing you, hah?