I did it

Calihan

Captain
I just finished my first job application, I applied at Borders book store.

Now I can't wait for the phone/face to face interview.

A question from those on here with jobs, how long does it typically take a company to get back to you?.

In this day and age of problem employees, companies try to do better background checks than they used to. Some can get back to you in a day or two. It just depends how desperate they are to fill the position or if they have several good choices from which to choose.

Speaking of Borders, I worked for their Waldenbooks division at a local store from 1988 to 1990. Back then, Waldenbooks was a division of KMart. That store closed back in February, while their downtown store converted into a Borders about a year or so ago. I loved working there because I could get my Star trek books at a great employee discount. You might be able to do the same with CSI books. And if the store is in a mall, you might be able to get discounts at some of the food court booths.

It really depends where you are also. Where I live you basically get hired on the spot people are so desperate. So many stores have to shut down because of lack of employees. Another thing that is important, if they haven't called in a couple of days you should call them and just say something like you wanted to make sure they got it or something because it show them that you really want the job and that you are responsible.

Back