How You Discovered CSI

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by MacsGirlMel, Jul 30, 2006.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

If there's already a buried thread for this, forgive me, the search didn't turn it up.

Anyone like to tell how they discovered and got hooked on CSI?

I watched the first couple CSI NY eps to see Gary Sinise but didn't really take a big interest in it until S2...which I kinda regret, now I've missed most of S1 and have to wait to get the DVDs :(

Anyway, it didn't take long for me to start loving CSI NY but loving Vegas took a bit longer...it just wouldn't hold my attention at first. I think I was also a bit intimdated by the thought of catching up with 6 seasons of shows (though I did it with Buffy easily enough) But I watched more eps while looking for something to do during the computer outage I had for about a month, and got to liking it then.

I still haven't gotten into Miami, lol I'm not sure I can stand the suspense of the more soap like atmosphere on it now (no offense to any fans) But who knows what'll happen in the future.

2. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I got hooked on it from the first episode onward...

3. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I started watching LV at the episode Last Laugh. I was planning to watch a Diagnosis Murder movie but decided to watch CSI, since I had heard it was a good mystery. I caught up mostly during summerre-runs and rented some of the early episodes. For Miami I mostly watched summer re-runs for season one and watchedd season two when it aired. By the time NY came on I was totally hooked on the series.

4. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I was sitting down in my living room flipping through channels on tv and it was really boring cause there was nothing and i dont know why but CSI just caught my eye. I guess it was the science. And ever since i been hooked on it. I started watching the re-runs on Spike and then on Thursday cause i didnt know what season it was on or even at what they showed it. About a month passed and i bought the season on dvd, it didnt took me that long to keep up with the show. I watched CSI: Miami only like a couple of episodes but for me its like watching Cops so i dont watch it i just watch the beginning cause i like their theme song. And CSI: NY i watch it when im bored, is allright.

5. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

I started watching Miami during S2 the year after I took a May Term course called "Forensic Science" (more accurately called "Introduction to Spectroscopy"). We had to read mysteries, and I found that I liked them.

I started watching NY during S1, but did completely miss some eps (didn't even see them until I bought the DVDs this year). When Anna Belknap joined the cast, I became hooked.

I never got into LV. I tried watching a couple different reruns on Spike when nothing else was on and I couldn't get into them. Yes, I know that I could have just gotten bad eps (I don't remember what they were called).

However, this year, I'm probably not going to have time to feed an obsession for three shows anyway, so it's probably not a bad thing.

6. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

It was during this past Thanksgiving that I just....decided..that I wanted to watch crime solving shows. I watched a show of law and order....and i thought it sucked (no offense..) and then I watched Corporate Warriors of CSI: NY, and got hooked. I got confused :D though, and thought that CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was set in NY, and for awhile I thought i was watching a show that was set in NY, but really I was watching LV and got hooked.

That was the last time I saw a NY episode, until last week, when I bought the whole season on itunes....and I admit it is very good, though nothing can beat the original.

That is how I got hooked on NY and LV, but for Miami...It was much harder for me to get into, because it just seemed so....I don't know. I mean, I like it now (3rd season and on) but I think it has too much continuity and gets confusing in alot of episodes.

7. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I got hooked on the show because My niece then 13 at the time (Now she's 16) watched it and loved it she told me to Watch because Sara reminded her of me so OF COURSE i had to check it out (curiosity always wins out) and well that was it I was obsessed
    CSI Ny I watched from the beginning
    and I dont watch miami

8. Guest

Guest Guest

During S5 Las Vegas, I just watched a random episode and was immediately hooked. After Grave Danger, I became an addict and immediately tracked down the previos seasons to watch em all before S6.

9. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I saw all the commercials for when it was first coming out and thought I'd watch it to see what it was like...I then watched it every Thursday night.

I wasn't as hooked as I am now until S5...I don't know why, but one day I realized I had a love for the show and well, became obsessed and in love with it :p.

10. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Well, I live in France, and OF COURSE :rolleyes: we are ALWAYS behind the times there :lol:

So when it was shown on TV here, you guys living in the US were already watching season 2 :D

It had received excellent reviews overseas, so needless to say that I HAD TO see this. That's exactly what I did -watched the Pilot, and I got hooked. Instantly :p

I just wanted to take minute to thank Americans for all the wonderful TV shows that they make, because guys, without you I don't know what would become of us here. We'd probably die of boredom :rolleyes: You don't wanna watch French TV shows. They're ... lethally boring and stupid, and sooo bad :eek:

God bless CSI ;)

11. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

i was at my grandparents and they were avid watchers of all 3 shows...i thought it was lame...a show about sciece...but one night i watched CSI:LV with them. It was 'Feelin the heat'. needless to say i was clueless about characters, but man! it was a very good first ep! i watched a few more ep and that was that...i was hooked! i had my fav characters : Grissom, Catherine, and Greg. I tried watching the others, but i could never get into it... when i came home i watched reruns on spike and became totally obsessed! unfourtunately when the writers decided to play soap opra in s5 and s6 it deteriorated my enthusiasm.

it always seems that if i think something is lame at first, i give it a chance and i love it. the same thing happened with Harry Potter.

12. Sez

Sez Victim

I first really got into CSI when I went to a lecture at the AAAS conference called 'The CSI Effect' where they showed clips of CSI and then analaysed how close they were to real life and then discussed what effect CSI has had on real-world forensics. I got back home (to the UK, I had been to the Conference in Washington DC) and found the Season 1 DVDs on sale online. I bought it, loved it, watched lots of re-runs on TV and the new series as they came out, bought more DVDs and, as they say, the rest is history. I have been hooked ever since.

I have never really gotten into Miami as of yet, although I have watched the odd episode. As far as NY is concerned, I am somewhat of a recent convert but am now an avid fan of the show as well.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm from Belgium and I just catched an episode of CSI by accident and I immediately loved it and continued watching it

14. meshellb2001

meshellb2001 Lab Technician

My 9 yr old daughter watched it with my friends who watched her while I was at work, then she got me to watch it one night with her, I think it was "Let The Seller Beware" and I was OMG, what I have been missing...{Nick taking off his shirt :eek:}, I have been hooked ever since, I didn't really start watching til S6 on Thursdays, but we watch every night on Spike!!

15. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

My mom started it. She was a CSI addict and I had never wanted to watch an ep (I thought it was boring and I was so damn wrong!). The first episode ever was Golden Parachute, so I can say I actually started with CSI:Miami, but it was later that I got hooked. My mom was watching Invisible Evidence and I entered the kitchen in the moment when Sara gets "pinned down" by Griss and I was so stunned by the electricity sparkling between the two of them that I actually thought it couldn't be CSI. I just sat down and watched. Since then, I've never stopped and I've become a CSI and CSI:Miami addict. :lol: