How would you like the shows to end?...

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

We know it's inevitable--some day (hopefully not too soon) the CSI shows will go off the air. It sucks to think about it, but it made me wonder: how would you want the shows to end? No, I'm not talking about So-and-so and So-and-so walking down the aisle. I'm talking about the show itself.

~ Would you like to see major changes about to happen for the characters? (Someone retires, someone gets promoted, someone switches jobs or moves away, etc.)

~ Would you like to see major drama/action/excitement and maybe even *gasp* character-death? (say it ain't so!)

~ Or maybe you'd like to see those little descriptions next to each character saying what they went on to do with their lives?

~ Or would you rather it went off the same way it came on--right in the middle of things and without dictating what would happen in the future? (Which leaves things nicely open to interpretation for the individual fan.)

How would you like to see the shows end? :)

2. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

I'd prefer it to go the same way it came. That way I could always imagine what would happen if it continue. Also you never know if one day they may bring it back, make on off episodes or even better a movie.

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

For the CSI's, I think I'd like to see them end the same way it started. I don't know. With this kind of a show, it just seems more natural, I think. There will always be crime, and there will always be people trying to solve the crimes.

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I hate to say this, but if CSI Vegas ended, they should do it with the death of either Gil or Catherine, because they both got close with every one, and it would be nice to see every one's reactions.

5. meandmac

meandmac Rookie

i never want it to end!! but i would like it not to be too final you know? i hate shows that have a definate ending and everything changes. i like to think that they are all still working in the labs and having fun. also means there is a possibility of a few one off episodes to ease the pain.

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

as long as they finish what they start ill be happy. killing a main character i think is a cheap shot, 'oh theyre dead! the end!'
    i dont think these shows will still be going 10 years from now (dont throw things at me!) so no one on the main cast will really be close to retirement.
    just tie up loose ends with the characters, i dont want to be left thinking 'well what about character x and what happened when they did y'. have the most amazing case possible, and solve it. end off with 'just another day at the office' or something like that.
    and please, dont send anyone down the aisle! if you want to marry them off, preferably not to each other but i dont care, do it offscreen. :)

7. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

Well, they'll end like they started: working in a crime scene :lol:.

The only thing I ask is not to convert the shows in soap operas. You can have love, couples, fights and everything, but for me, those don't have to be the center of the show, the center should always be the crime not their private lives. I don't wanna watch triangles, or men and women having 3 different b/f or g/f in the same season :eek:, they've done a great job til now ;). And well at the end I want them to be happy :D

8. sexycsi

sexycsi Hit and Run

I'd like them to end, with out a giant cliff hanger, I'd like the m to tie up some loose ends and maybe put some of those shippers together!!!
    But hopefully they end a long time from now.....maybe when we're all old and gray :)

9. HoratioCainesGirl

HoratioCainesGirl Police Officer

The shows might end on TV but they'll never end in my mind......that's what fan fiction is for!

10. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

Like a lot of people said, I'd like them to end the way they started. Then, it would be open for us fans to do whatever we wanted with. I just think it would be more natural if it ended with them all going home after shift or something. It would just be the most true way to end the series.

...btw, CSI will never end!

11. samjojo_011

samjojo_011 Hit and Run

gil n sara 2gether :D and catherine n warrick 2gether :D
    :D :D :D :D :D

12. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

I dunno, for CSI I'd like something to happen, not too big...maybe someone quit or end up in hospital, something like that, and then have the team arriving at a crime scene talking and have Grissom say something like "Well, we still do what we always do. Process." and then walk under the tape, and fade out...I dunno, I guess thats a little cheesy, but I think it'd be a nice end.

13. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I'd like it to end on a relatively normal episode, maybe with something out of the ordinary happening. As long as they don't do that thing where they have a voice over saying what happened to all the characters. I hate that. I like to know what happens but it always seems a bit cliche to me. It would be good for some things to be left up to the imagination.

14. maricejayo

maricejayo Witness

I will loved that the final eppie could be "I mind blowing one!"
    Something like Vegas in Grave Danger, an incredible crime scene, a mayor twist, an I got your back part, an I will always be with you coafYoBlingcoaf, and I memoral line at the end!

*sigh* :)

15. MissKraft

MissKraft Rookie

LV - Last episodes evolving all 3 CSI shows.

Miami - I have a feeling if this show ends, Lt. Caine will be killed off.

NY - Really not sure.