How many people wish Yelina came back?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by MacTaylor333, Jan 4, 2009.

1. MacTaylor333

MacTaylor333 Hit and Run

I was watching the first 2 seasons of Miami and I saw so many Horatio and Yelina scenes, and it got me thinking about how much I miss her.

So I wanna know how many other people miss her.

Thanks,

MT333

2. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I don't miss her but, like Speed, she was another character I never really "got to know", since I started watching Miami full time at the beginning of season 6. (I'm still a really new viewer.) So I never got the chance to really like her before she left the show. I do like her now that I'm obsessed and have seen all of the episodes from season 1 and on, but she'll never be my favourite character, since I know she's not going to come back full time.

But hey, Yelina fans should be happy that she's been back for a few episodes, and will probably be back for more. Besides Eric's little hallucinations for one episode, Speed fans don't get much other than reruns.

3. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I liked Yelina at first because I saw her as balancing and complimenting H.
    They had great chemistry, and they would banter on and on so naturally and easily that I'd watch their scenes over and over again. :)

The problem is that I felt that she was emotionally closed to H, that she still loved Ray her husband, and that she was "way off" in her criticism of H in "Money for Nothing." :eek:

I still liked watching her, and I enjoyed the dynamics and drama that her presence created, but I could no longer see her as a "match" for H. Instead of rooting for H, I was hoping and praying that he would get over her. :(

I like how now she is only in every once in a while. We get to see a familiar face and enjoy their scenes together, but she doesn't get a chance to try to manipulate H again. :shifty:

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I gotta say she has never been my fav. character of the show, but, IMHO, she was one of the best recurring characters this show has ever had.

Sofia Milos & David Caruso shared some of the best scenes ever in this show and I still think their bonding & their way to work together was just awsome.
    I don't think I've ever seen a special bonding like the one they shared in the first 3 years of the show.

Plus I've always thought she was one of those character with the most realistic storylines in this show & Sofia Milos was very good conveying with the feeleing Yelina had.
    I still remember "Nothing to loose" when Horatio asked her to make Ray Jr donat his marrow for Madison, you could see how Yelina was scared/angry at the same time. She knew that it would have helped to save one life, but she didn't want to do it since Horatio was asking too much to her.
    Not to mentione how she conveyed with Yelina's feeling in "10-7".
    Surely what Yelina did was negative for her relationship with H [I don't think there's any way to deny the fact this episode kinda ruined their bonding], but at the same time she had to show her true values...one of these was family and there was no way she could have gone with these values staying with her brother in law.

I still think "10-7" was her last good episode as recurring character, the one I really miss.
    As fro s5 her performance in "Rio" was just great and I was glad she came back to Miami so that she's going to have some episodes:p.
    Though, I don't think this PI suits her that well. I mean it was amazing whenever she had to investigate on a murder with our H, but now things changed and you can see her role changed along with her storylines.
    Whenever it's time to help H you can see that old flame which characterises our Yelina, but still it's not too much, they way I loved her.

As for bring her back definetely, I really don't know just for one reason: there are too many characters on this show, no matter how hard TPTB try to improve their writing.
    I mean there are lots of CSIs on this show and there's not enough space for lab rats as othe shows like LV or NY have. Plus they have just began eliminating some characters who have been considered useless e.g. Madison, Susy, Taylor [the A/V guy],Duke Duquesne [dead somewhere in Miami, possibely in a bar], Erica Sikes, Jake & Stetler.
    I don't want her to vanish, like the others so I really don't think it would be a good idea to have her as a recurring.
    If they want her to be present, they'd better put her as regular and not recurring 'cause that position is too risky, for everyone:p

Think I said it all :lol:

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

They don't have any more CSI's than the other shows really.Perhaps it's just the writing and where the focus of the show has been lately as the reason there's not enough time or space for lab rats,or a few of the other CSI's for that matter.

6. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I have to agree with greatfan.
    I never thought there were too many characters. Often I thought they needed more consistent or reoccurring characters. Never fewer.
    I hope that Ray Jr., Suzy, Madison, Duke D, and Anya all make more appearances. I also look forward to meeting more Delkos and hopefully Ryan's mysteriously (great) uncle.

7. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

I started watching Csi Miam about 3 years ago,got hooked on the Horatio and Yelina relationship there was so much chemistry i wish they would bring her back . She is a great actress and there has been some really good episodes with her and DC

8. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

I think bringing Yelina back would be a good idea if she actueally would get a real storyline. In season 3 - she was in the credits then - she didn't do very much, just sitting there and looking sad and asking Horatio if there were problems with Ray. But if they CAN bring her back like in the last season, really as a strong woman who knows what she's doing, I'd be happy.

9. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

That's so true!
    Yelina's part was much better in the second season where she was in almost every episode and had a lot to do and talked with other people beside H.
    I don't know why they then put her in credits for season 3 yet didn't give her much to do.
    Maybe if Ray Jr. makes an other appearance, Yelina will have more going on for a good episode. I really like her part in "Dangerous Son" and "Resurrection."

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Yelina is one of the reasons why I started watching CSI Miami in the first place so yes I definitely want her back fulltime! Pretty please! :)