How Do You Watch Miami?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 6, 2011.

?

How Do You Watch?

1. Live

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. DVR

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. CBS (and/or affiliate) Stream

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Combination (specify)

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  5. Purchased Episodes from iTunes and Similar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I Only Watch on DVD

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I wanted to gauge the members here on how we watch Miami, whether it be live, DVR, or streaming from CBS' website and other legal affiliates. Could also be a combination of these.

So how are you watching this season? I would hope that most of us are watching live, but I know there are a lot of people who DVR Miami and watch later.

I have to say that I actually haven't watched this season at all yet :eek:, and I don't use DVR so I might have to buy the DVDs when they come out to catch up on the ones that I've missed.

(Also, it'd be best if we only discussed legal ways of viewing the episodes, which is why I only put those as an option.)

One thing I forgot to add was purchasing episodes on iTunes, so I edited that one in there. Not sure if it's really worth it to spend $3.49/episode, but I suppose it could be if it's one of your favourites as opposed to buying simply because one missed it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

As I'm in the UK, thought I shouldn't vote. But if I was there, I'd watch live, record, and watch again. I watch Season 9 live here. I also watch Season 10 less than legally, as soon as I can! I also have everything released on official DVDs. (Think that about covers it...)

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I watch live and on CBS Stream. I watched live all the time when it was on Monday night because my work schedule allowed it. Now I work one Sunday out of the month until 11:30 PM so I watch it on CBS on Monday morning. If the episode is delayed too late and I'm working Monday morning,I'll also watch streaming.
    I also buy the DVD's.

4. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I watch it live on CTV TWO in Canada most of the time because of time delays. Then I watch the remaining time live on CBS.

I also DVR it and watch that, especially if I really liked the episode.

Finally, as soon as the DVDs become available, I buy the DVDs. Delete the DVRed copies and watch the DVD's episodes as much as I want whenever I want.

I like watching CSI Miami.:drool::thumbsup::cool:;):)

Oh, almost forgot. I watch older reruns on A&E or CBS when they are on and I have the time.

5. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

I watch live every Sunday and download my very favorites on Itunes (it's actually $1.99 an episode).

6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I usually watch it live, but now that I live in a university dorm with only two usable TVs, I sometimes miss it. I wish we could have chosen more than one because if I can't catch it I will sometimes buy it on iTunes (and it's $3.49 Canadian for me), otherwise I watch it online in other ways, but we aren't allowed to talk about that... but yea, mostly I try to see it live.

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

It's listed as $3.49 on my iTunes account, though that might be because I'm using iTunes Canada and I'm not sure if the HD element adds to the price. Even older seasons (season 2, for example) are still $3.49 here. If it was $1.99 where I'm sitting, I'd probably consider purchasing them to watch. :lol:

That being said, since the end of Season 1, I've watched live on CTV (and now CTV Two, as it appears that's where it's moved). I get it on CBS at the same time, but I prefer CTV's promos afterward. :p I was actually going to start watching it on CTV.ca's website as they had announced last year they were streaming new episodes, but I think they took that down (not sure if it had to do with their move to CTV2 or if the ratings weren't enough) so I'm back to watching live.

ETA: Oops, missed some of luf's post re iTunes. :D So yeah, bloody expensive here for a show that I barely want to watch for free sometimes anymore. :eek: Granted, I haven't watched this season yet so I might get more excited about it if I make the effort (Sundays have been so hit and miss lately, so I've just not bothered, to be quite frank).

I don't think I've actually purchased a box set since season 4, so I might finish my collection once the show expires, so-to-speak. I don't think I could leave those 4 seasons all by their lonesome. :lol:

8. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

Well, having been a staunch fanatic of this show since I found the show in my local library (I caught up and then promptly went out and brought those seasons quick and in a hurry), I have viewed my show in a combination of ways. I watched live from season three to seven and then I happened upon the miracle of DVR. Since then, I've watched live, DVR'd, and purchased every season( Season 9 is currently in que for me until the funds clear). All said, every way possible that I can, I'll be watching Miami.

In regard to ITunes, I tried that one time and I found that I could just do without. I mean, I've got several methods of watching, doing so via Itunes is unnecessary. I suppose if you just can't make the live showing, can't stream, and aren't able to buy the episodes, then Itunes is your bag.

Oh and...

This confirms my fanatic status, Finch. Since season three, as soon as they become available for pre order on Amazon, I'm so there....Truly, a fan until the end...Which could be soon....

:eek:! Did I just say that?...

9. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I watch live because I don't feel like paying extra for a DVR lol.... When I first started watching Miami I rented all the DVDs from blockbuster and watched them. (I think I started watching live around season 5 or 6). I took a two year break from the show bc a lot of life problems kind of consumed everything. But I've been back since this summer. I ordered the DVDs from Netflix and got caught up on the last two seasons. :)

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Live. With a very large margarita and some Tylenol to cushion the pain. :lol:

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Oh yea, I also buy the DVD's. :lol: I have every season except the first for some reason.

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I watch episodes On Demand through my cable service (Comcast). I do watch a rerun in the morning on A&E (7am ET/6am CT), but miss the ones at 10am ET/9am CT & 11am ET/10am CT), due to my job. If I'm off work that day, I'll watch all 3 repeats. When CBS used to air reruns on the weekends (CSI: Miami Weekends, remember that?), I watched them faithfully (along with CSI: NY Weekends). :)

I'm enough of a fanatic to say that nothing comes between me and a Miami repeat, except my job. :eek:

13. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Finch: I see. In Standard Definition in the US store, they're $1.99, $2.99 for Hi-Def.

Anni Grey: Love the avatar! Epic Horatio moment :D

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Live unless I miss an episode due to delays or whatever, then I watch on CBS' website.

15. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I live in Mexico so I watch the next morning on CBS, buy my favorites on Itunes, and watch Season 1-8 DVDs :D