How Can I Move On Without You? ( Mac Taylor )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Kaunis Mies, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Title: How Can I Move On Without You?
    Pairing : Mac & Melissa ( eventually )
    Rating : PG- 13 with various emotional scenes
    Others in fic : The NY Team along with Claire's son Reed who appears too
    Summary: Mac had lost Claire in the twin towers and was scared to move on but will Mac ever find love again? Or is Mac single for the rest of his life and will he ever get the chance to be a father? Read to see what happens

Chapter One - Alone

Mac Taylor was married to Claire Conrad-Taylor and they didnt have any children but Mac thought that they had all the time in the world but sadly it was taken away from Mac once he heard that there had been an attack on the World Trade Centre and Mac was hoping that Claire would be ok but Mac was unaware that Claire was dead and the FDNY were finding survivors but Mac never found Claire and became a shadow of his former self and Mac just wanted to see Claire but knew that it wasnt gonna happen..

Mac wasnt eating or sleeping much after 9/11 and one winter's night Mac went to the scene of the attacks and cried then someone spoke to Mac " Hey you ok?" and Mac turns around and replies " Not really as i lost my wife in the attacks " and Mac asks " Did you lose anyone on that day?" and the girl replies " Yeah i lost my best friend Leah " and Mac replies " I'm Mac Taylor " and the girl replies " I'm Melissa Sanders" then they shake hands and Melissa tells Mac " It's so hard and i miss Leah all the time"..

Mac nods and admits " I miss Claire too and i always will" then Melissa gives Mac a comforting hug to which Mac hugs Melissa back as well and Melissa gives Mac her cell number, then leaves Ground Zero to head home to her apartment and Mac just says out loud " I wish you were still here Claire " and Mac leaves after a bit and heads back to his apartment alone..

Melissa thought about Mac and knew that it would be a long time before he was ready for love again but Mac knew himself that Claire would want him to be happy with someone else and Mac didnt wanna rush into a relationship after losing Claire but knew sooner or later that would happen but only when Mac felt ready to move on and find love again..

Will Mac ever be ready to find love again??

2. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Good start :)

3. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

i actually cried while writing it and have a feeling it will happen during the fic

4. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Chapter Two - Damned & Divine

Mac Taylor knew deep down that he would have to get back on the dating scene but realised that he had Melissa's cell phone number and called her and asked her around to his and Melissa agreed to visit Mac at his apartment and once Melissa arrived and was inside, Melissa was surprised at how lovely it was compared to her own and Mac couldnt help himself by admiring Melissa from afar while he was making coffee and Melissa knew that Mac was watching her and wondered why..

Melissa and Mac drinked their coffee's outside and afterwards Mac asks " Will you come to the memorial service for 9/11?" and Melissa tells Mac " Of course i'll go with you to the service " and Mac smiles at Melissa who returns the smile to Mac who began to realise that maybe he should try a brand new relationship with Melissa who then sat down on the ground followed by Mac who asks " You sure that you're ok?" and Melissa nods then lets her tears flow and Mac realises that Melissa's not ok and comforts her in the only way Mac knows how and Melissa allows Mac to comfort her..

Mac softly places a kiss on Melissa's head and then Mac asks " Can you give me a chance?" and Melissa replies " How come ?" and Mac admits to Melissa " I think that i should date someone as i know that it's what Claire would of wanted for me " to which Melissa then tells Mac " Sure but we dont tell anyone about us" and Mac agrees not to tell anyone about their relationship..

How will the team react when they see Mac and Melissa together at the 9/11 service??

5. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

update i this wkend if the storm isnt too bad