How Are You Spending The Holidays?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by saraXsullivan, Dec 21, 2007.

1. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I looked around, trying to see if I could find a thread similar to the idea I had for this one, and I found one called 'Season Greetings', but its different than the question I have, so I started a new thread. If one similar to this already exists, mods, I apologize and feel free to close it. :)

So, the holidays have just begun for me. Today was my last day of school, so I'm happy about that. My family usually has Christmas dinner at my Grandma's house, but this year we're having it on Sunday, because more of my family can make it I suppose. So, I wasn't planning on doing anything on Christmas day. Then work decided to schedule me on Christmas eve, Christmas day, and boxing day. :| 8 o'clock in the morning on Christmas day, to be exact. So now I'm not looking forward to the holidays as much as I was.

Bleh .. what is everyone else doing?

2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Tomorrow: 1 year anivesary with my girlfriend, we go out for dinner and spend the rest of the day at home
    23rd: Pre-Christmas Brunch at girlfriend's parents
    24th: Nice and quiet Christmas at home with girlfriend and cat. Wathcing TV, cuddling, cooking together and, of course, presents! :D
    25th: Don't know yet, but in the evening we'll go to a party with a friend.
    26th: Going home for a family dinner
    And then I'll have to prepare for my new year's eve party, I'll have friends over :D

Sounds stressful...

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Let's see...working, sleeping, hanging out with friends, and playing with PSP 9. Working more so I can pay for school. Going to a New Years party..that's about it.

4. saraneth

saraneth Witness

Holidays with Dad's side tomorrow. Dinner with my grandpa and family on Christmas Eve along with Dinner with my best friends family the same night and then it's Christmas day! and I do nothing. Annnd for New Years I am going to my friends house.

5. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

After my BF's open house thing tonight, I am firmly gluing my ass to my computer chair and NOT LEAVING until the holidays are over. Opening gifts here at home with the family on Xmas day, then having dinner at my grandparents. Probably going to spend New Years Eve mourning (my best friend died a year ago that day :( ) or watching TV while eating fondue. Urk.

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I volunteered to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day because I don't have any family locally and don't celebrate Christmas because I was raised Jewish. Since I will be working, that will let someone else off to be with his or her family.

Since most of the restaurants are closed Christmas Day, I will probably have lunch at either the holiday buffet at the one local Shoney's that is open that day or at China Buffet.

7. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I fianally decided how I was spending them...umm, at 10PM last night :p

Today: After babysitting some people I don't know, but I should know, I'm going to get on a bus with my girlfriend and we are off to homee for the holidays. (We both grew up in a different city...it's not too far) and then I am going out to dinner with the family, and I'm going to see if she can come too.

23rd: I am going out with a friend whom I have not seen in forever, we are going to something called the Zoo Lighs (It's basically christmas lights at the zoo) and were going to drink a bit (after the zoo obviously) :p

24th: I plan to actually not leave the house...will probably most likely be hungover. I am just going to hang around with my parents and little sister until later at night and I'm going to go to my girlfriends Christmas party where we are going to exchange gifts.

25th: Obviously...open presents with my family.

26th: Boxing day (basically Boxing day in good old Canada is you go out and shop with manaics cause everything is cheap) shopping wiht my girlfriend.

27th: Sleeping

28th: Hanging out with some people.

And that's all I know so far :p I go back to where I live at the moment on the 6th :p

8. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

that sounds kind of sad dynamo :( but that was nice to think of the other families. thats what i did for thanksgiving, all of my family was out of state and i volunteered to work all day.

i had christmas dinner/gifts/etc. with my moms family this week b/c we live 3 hours apart. and my girlfriend and i celebrated and exchanged gifts before we left the dorms b/c from then on out we'll be with either my family or hers = no alone time.

24th: i have to drive to my hometown and pick up my grandmother and bring her back to my dads.

25th: good old fashioned family fun time with my dad's family and then i have to go into work.

26th: i'm taking my grandmother back home and then driving from there to my girlfriends family to stay until friday.

new years eve and new years day - work. bleh.

9. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

23rd- Going to see my grandparents for the day and exchange gifts- but we don't open them til xmas day.

24th- Randomly knocking on friends door and delivering presents etc, then going to church in the evening :eek:

25th- Spending Christmas morning opening presents with my mum, brother and sister, then having xmas dinner and spend the evening on singstar and guitar hero probably.

26th- Sleeping in late then I have to work from 5pm-12am :(

27th- Going to see my dad if he can be bothered to come back from New York (which he probably wont, but it's nice to hope anyway :rolleyes:)

10. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

24th sauna, xmas dinner and presents :D yay! AND MUST REMEMBER TO WATCH "SNOWMAN" IN THE MORNING! [tradition]

25th sleeping, eating, watching tv

26th ^^ the same, because here shops aren't open. Perhaps some markets so you can get food

27th Going to store to buy a new coat :D because it's cheap ;)

28th Hopefully *cough cough* going on a date! *cough cough*

11. Distraction

Distraction Prime Suspect

I'm going to be with my family on the 24th, exchanging gifts and being social and watch Donald Duck. ;D We're going to spend the night there until the 25th, and then we'll go home and I'll spend the rest of the holidays relaxing and procastrinating schoolwork. I'll probably spend some time with my best friend.
    And then on New Years I'll be with my friends. :)

12. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

24th: doesn't get celebrated in my country...
    25th: with my best friend making a fancy diner
    26th: with my family at home and another nice diner
    27th: nothin'
    28th-31st: To Belgium to visit a close friend
    31st-1st: At home with mum during new year's celebration. later that day I'll begoing to another part of the city that probably gets vandalised again (making a photo documantary) during new years celebration. This could also be on the 2nd of January.

13. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

24th: Have to work in the schoolstore, in the evening just diner with a small part of my family.
    25th: Dinner with the rest of my family. In the evening I watch "Moonraker", I don't know why but that's my personal tradition :D

14. Phobia

Phobia Hit and Run

Well, i guess X-mas is the holiday, which must be celabrated with the family. You can spend New Year`s eve at a wild party with friends.
    So i`ll be having a dinner with my family and at the other day i`ll be hanging around with my frs :)

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Dec. 23 - Going to see Sweeney Todd with my friends. :D
    Dec. 24 - Probably going to In 'N' Out with our grandparents and open a few presents early. :lol:
    Dec. 25 - All the family comes over to our house. Lots of presents to open, food, pie, the whole shebang. :p
    Dec. 26 - 31 - Hanging out *hopefully* with friends and such. IDK.
    Jan 1 - Hanging out with more friends.