How are you liking the season so far?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

CSI and CSI:NY just aired their 6th episodes, and Miami aired episode 5 tonight. Now that we're several episodes into the new season, I thought it was a good time to open up some discussion. :)

How are you liking the new season so far? If you've been watching one or more of the series for a while, how does the new season compare to previous seasons? If you watch two or three members of the franchise, which series do you think is having the best season so far?

Aaaaaand go! ;)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm pretty much enjoying the new seasons of all three shows.

3. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Vegas - I'm really enjoying the new season of 'CSI', I'm so glad we've got Sara back as a Regular, and I love the new Detective, Frankie Reed. The stories, although a bit bizarre, are intriguing and entertaining, Catherine has also become a more effective leader this year (the few times we've seen her!)

Miami - Wow! Disappointing is an understatement, they made a big mistake kicking Eddie Cibrian out to bring Adam Rodriguez back! I hate the Eric-Horatio Vigilante team, But I shall continue watching, because Its such a big part of my life (as sad as that sounds)

NY - I love Jo Danville. She's got the potential to be much better than Stella (as much as it pains me to admit that), The episodes are better, and this season could be better than Season 4 (which is my favourite)

Overall, a Good Season, but really, is there any need for Delko?

4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'm enjoying 2 out of the 3

CSI in my opinion is having a good season. I'm liking the direction the show is going although I wish they would tone down on the Ray has the answers for everything. The other characters appear to be 'dumb'. They wouldn't be where their are if they were dumb.

NY is doing well. It's taken me a few episodes to like Jo. I know that shows had to be re-written because of Stella/Melina's departure so it's taking everyone time to get the feeling for Jo but she's starting to get the fell for the team and they for her.

Miami is a disaster waiting to happen. I can't see the point of half of the stories. I'm enjoying the show so much that last week I stopped watching it after about 15 minutes and last night I fell asleep during it :D

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I like Vegas so much more this season than last. I really wish Ray didn't know everything or that he did everything. But that's me. The new writing seems to have helped this season as well.

NY- I was very saddened by Melina's departure. That, and the move to Fridays I thought spelled doom for this spin off. But I really enjoy it now.
    Last season with NY as well, the cases were too far out there, the writing or something didn't really click, and quite a few episodes were really unwatchable.
    Now, Sela is great! I like the writing and the cases seem to be way more believable.

Miami- I've only watched a handful of Miami episodes, ever. I watched the one last week and last night. I did like what I saw. The one last week kept my interest because it echoed a Vegas episode. I like that :thumbsup:
    If this season keeps going I think I might watch Miami as well.

6. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

So far so good.

Vegas - I love most seasons, and this one is definitely no different. I like the balance of screen time the main characters have gotten in the past few weeks. Some of the cases seem a bit sensationalized (vampires, sharks, dinosaurs) - playing on popular culture themes, rather than focusing on the forensics and personalities. It's understandable after 11 years though, but I do hope they have more "ordinary" cases too.

NY - I watched about half of the first season, but couldn't get into it. I started watching it again this season, and like it now. I know a lot of people miss Stella/Melina, but since I never really liked the show before, I never got attached enough to miss her. I do like Jo/Sela, as well as other characters, and the stories are interesting so far.

Miami - I don't watch it, and after reading some of the comments here, I don't feel the desire to start. :D

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm loving' all 3, superb and awesome~[​IMG]

LAS VEGAS wonderful writing wonderful acting and having the remarkable LF as Dr. Ray, what an honor & a treat. How he's learned from the whole team, fits in perfectly and is so easy to work with for all of them, as Marg said recently "He's a class act"~

NEW YORK always great stories Gary/Mac is on top of his game as always and the whole team wonderful:thumbsup:

MIAMI Also great such good team work and David/Horatio so shrewd, and at the top of his game:thumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Vegas - I love (or at least really like) most seasons. Nothing different this season. Not big on Ray usually having the answers. Let some of the others answer the tough questions once in a while. Other than that the stories have been pretty interesting, if gross at times.

NY - I'm liking this season. Only missed one ep (I was sick!). I do miss Stella a little but I'm liking the way they've integrated Jo into the team. What I'm really liking is the 9pm timeslot. I was into it at times in earlier seasons but never consistantly because the 10pm timeslot was too late for me.

Miami - I watched the season premier for Jesse and haven't seen an ep since. From the commercials I'm not missing much.

Susan

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Vegas has been pretty good so far this season, I give it a 82%

I get tired Super Ray knowing it all and dumbing the others down, but it's gotten better this season

Love that Zuiker is back

Love Grissom getting a mention once in while, I'd like to see Warrick get another mention or so

People I'm hoping to see: Lady Heather, the minuature killer, Ellie, Lindsey, Eli, a relative of a CSI we've never met...Sara's brother or mother, Brass' ex wife, Hodges' mom :lol:, etc

Shock Waves: Yuck! Tell me Bieber boy won't come back at all, get a different actor to play his part, one that has more acting experience, and can we ever get a break from Ray, even while he's in the hospital, after that it was good

Pool Shark: Didn't like that one much, my least favorite, had a decent amount of Catherine and of course Ray had the same amount, not a lot of Sara or Greg :( and I hate that Wendy had to leave, Drops was completly out of character, didn't like that the flashback probably b/c someone else was playing Sam Braun

Blood Moon: I don't care for the vampire/werewolf stuff but the episode was pretty good actually, loved the references back to old episodes, and I love that the new writers were doing their homework :thumbsup:

Sqweegel: When can we see him again!!!!! :)

House of Hoarders: Best ep so far, even if there was no Cath, if there's more episodes like this after Marg leaves, I'll be one happy CSI fan :)

Cold Blooded: Didn't care for the dinosaur case a lot, the cold case is what really made the ep, I just felt something was missing...Sara and not a lot of Cath

10. electra

electra Pathologist

These season of vegas has been great so far.They have given Marg good material to work with and the cases are interesting .I also like that Greg looks more mature and to have the Sara of earlier seasons.The characters "click" finally.

I have only watched Miami premiere and 2 episodes of NY but I liked what I saw.I am trying to catch up.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Vegas - So far, it's been as good as last season. I like the episodes. The themes are interesting and entertaining. I just don't like the lack of Marg/Catherine. :(

NY - I actually like last season but this season is so much better! I'm expecting this to happen because of Sela/Jo's addition. She's an adorable character. Brings out new life to the show. It's not that the show was lifeless before her but, everthing is just fresh!

Miami - It's okay. I like last season more. I'm afraid that they are back to same old stories. But, congratulations to the upcoming 200th episode! I hope this changes everything for the betterment of the show.

So far, NY is having the best season. I might be bias but, the improvement is just so obvious.

12. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I love all CSI shows!!!
    This season NY is by far the best.The addition of Sela Ward is great and the stories have got better compared to last season!
    Vegas is also good(as always!!),but I hate the fact that Marg is leaving at the end of the season-Each time I watch the show I think about it all the time:rommie:
    Miami is going downhill compared to last season.They are giving us abother season with Horatio dealingwith his personal vendetas:scream:

13. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Vegas- Disappointing so far. None of the cases seem particularly interesting and...well, there's really nothing else I can remember. I mostly just zone out while watching it. Right now my only hope is for an episode I can remember for longer than a few minutes.

Miami- Overall a huge improvement in my opinion. Bringing Delko back and killing Jesse was a big mistake I admit, but they've made up for it by finally giving Jon/Ryan and Eva/Natalia the screentime they deserve. I thought I'd hate the whole 'Horatio and his nemesis'' thing, but I actually think they're handling it quite well, and Sleepless in Miami was, in a word, astounding :thumbsup:

NY- Haven't got around to watching it, but from the few clips I've seen I'm going to enjoy Jo far more than I did Stella. Can't wait to catch up with it.

So far about 2/3. I can only hope that Miami can be consistent with this new standard and that Vegas gets more interesting soon.

14. Vaskard

Vaskard Civilian

I have always found CSI and CSI NY to be the best of the 3 and now Miami has pretty much tanked in my opinion. Personally Horatio's "Sunglasses of Justice" has just been overplayed, and as long as i can view Miami as a comedy-drama i can sit through it.

NY and the original are both continuing to impress me both with the quality of the writing and acting. I really am looking forward to the rest of the seasons with these two!

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Vegas: Great season so far. What I love most is that I've been very pleasantly surprised by the continuity. They have mentioned past characters, past episodes and events that happened in the beginning of the season have also been referenced to. The writing is solid, Cath has been amazing, love that Katee S. is onboard, and there have been a lot of really good episodes.

Miami: Oh goodness...:rolleyes: I barely remember the episodes I've seen this season because I've just been bored to tears with it. Right now this season is right down there with season 4. Nothing has really stood out, the stories are weak at best, Meemo and Mala Noche are baaaackkk :rolleyes:, Horatio has upped his vigilante status, and just meh... Guess the only episode I've thought has been quite good is Sleepless in Miami and that was mostly because the visuals were pretty cool. It's sad that I'm trying to remember stuff about the season to comment on and I'm just blank! So moving on...

NY: NY has been right up there with Vegas and maybe even better. The stories have been great, the guest stars have been amazing :cool:, and adding Sela Ward is the cherry on top. Jo is an amazing character and she's brought a freshness to the show which is quite a treat. Of all three, this season, NY is the one I look forward to the most. Vegas started out being my favorite when I started watching the franchise, then it was Miami, but now it's definitely NY :cool:.