Here In Your Arms - GSR Angst/Fluff

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by butterflylove206, Feb 26, 2007.

1. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

Title - Here In Your Arms
    Ratting - Teen
    POV - Young Sara/Sara
    Spoilers - Fallen Idols (sorta but not really)
    Summary - Later that night after the end scene of Fallen Idols Sara doesn't just hear the screams of victims she sees in her work, she still dreams about the night her Mom killed her Dad. Inspired by the scene in Gone With The Wind where Scarlett has the dream about the fog. Title inspired by the song by HelloGoodbye
    ---------------------------------
    He was coming. He and my mother had been yelling ever since he came home from Lenny's and I knew what came next. It was the same every night. This was the time I dreaded. After Mom came to wrestle the book away from me, before he came. The waiting was even worse then the pain after he left. The door opened.
    "Hello Sara honey. Are you ready to play?" his tone was joyful but his cold heart shone through his voice. I took a deep breath, hoping he was tired tonight as I heard the clink of his belt.
    "Get away from her." whispered a voice from the doorway.
    "Whats that _itch? The piece of low dirt speaks. Whats do you want?"
    "I said get away from Sara." she screamed. I could see the shadow of something in the ghostly shape of her raised hand.
    "And what if I don't? You're just jelous because I'm too repulsed to touch you." his words were normally daggers that would make my mother cry and then he would hit her for crying, but this time was different. A noise came from her throat like that of a banshee and she lunged at him. Something wet splashed on my face and into my mouth. It tasted like the time a boy at school pushed me and I bit my lip. Suddenly I realized my Mom was crying, but Father wasn't yelling. She turned on the light switch. And I saw my father laying on the floor, blood covering him, and everything in my small bedroom. My mother cried harder and ran down the stairs. I was too scared to move and so I sat, staring at the red decorating my green bedroom, like christmas tie-dye. I heard someone calling my name. A soft soothing voice.
    "Sara honey, its ok, its all over. Just a dream."
    For a moment I didn't know where I was but then I realized I was home in bed, my face buried in the soft, wet fabric covering Grissom's chest. He was rubbing my back soothingly. I hugged him tighter.
    “Same dream again.” I mumbled. “Sorry I got your shirt wet.”
    “That’s all right dear, do you want to watch TV for a while to get your mind off it?”
    I shook my head, still clinging to him. “No, I’ll be ok.” I answered, smiling to myself. “But, um, will you hold me while I fall asleep?” By way of answer he laid back without letting go of me.
    “I love you Sara. I will never let anything hurt you.” He whispered in my ear, brushing my hair out of my face before giving me a sweet kiss on the cheek.
    “I love you too.” I said, and as I drifted off to sleep that night I felt truly safe in every way and I knew as long as I had the love of my life, nothing could ever hurt me again.
    -----------------------------------
    Thanks for reading :p

2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

That was good, I alway wondering why Sara's mother killed her father. We will see in April, Empty Eyes.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

awww *hugs them* I like :)

4. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

5. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

yay! my bff who doesn't watch CSI (but has to hear about it as well as my analysis of any GSR every Friday) likes my fic! Now I can die happy! Thanks you guys too!