Helgenberger's Future With 'CSI' Is Up In The Air

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s leading lady, Marg Helgenberger, doesn’t know if Catherine Willows will be back in the crime lab during season 11. “My contract is up actually,” the actress told TV Squad. “That’s a good question. I haven’t been asked back, so we’ll see.” Thanks to EricaSJ from TalkCSI for the heads up.

More...

I went back and forth with myself about whether or not to put this behind a jump for spoilers - but I decided against it since it's about an actor's contract rather than a plotline.

Honestly, I think this is probably meant to be misleading. Get us all talking about whether or not she's coming back in the lead up to the finale and whatnot...I can't see them opting not to renew her contract. It's Marg! :lol:

But I guess we'll see.

^Agree completely. If they were killing her off or not bringing her back, I doubt she'd be casually mentioning it in an interview.

Hmmm... it's odd if she's not been asked back. Is TPTB out of their minds? But I doubt it. I think she will be back. I would like to see her for many more seasons! :)

Last edited:
I agree with everyone. She also said in her Early Show "we'll see." about Catherine's romance with Vartann. I do believe it's a way to get people to watch.

I've said this before also regarding Catherine, there are way to many loose ends to tie up with her character to have her killed off in the finale.

I think it may be more of a case that they just haven't got round to renewing the contracts yet and she just hasn't had word about it being renewed or not. I hope she doesn't go. It would start to feel more of a mass exodus of the series if all of these characters are leaving with a couple of series.

Honestly, I think this is probably meant to be misleading. Get us all talking about whether or not she's coming back in the lead up to the finale and whatnot...I can't see them opting not to renew her contract. It's Marg!
ITA

Beings she was all over the day time talk circuit shows, last week, and raving about CSI, and how she's "now a supervisor", and how she "adores Laurence Fishburne" it hardly makes sense she'd be doing this, if in fact she was leaving I don't buy it:confused:

Why would they kill Marg's character off? She just became supervisor and Lindsey is, finally, going to college. That would be kind of abrupt to just randomly kill the character. If Marg does leave I hope that the writers would have enough respect to the fans to have her leave of her own will and not on a gurney being wheeled off to the ambulance.:(

Back