Helgenberger Plans Her 'CSI' Exit

CSI Files

Captain
CSI Files previously reported that leading lady Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows) signed on for the eleventh season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. The actress has now revealed that season eleven will be her last. (Spoilers after the jump!) Helgenberger will be back in the fall, but she won’t appear in every episode during CSI’s eleventh season. [...]

More...

Eleven years is a long time to devote to one show. I hope she has a great season so Catherine can get a good send off.

The stuff with Catherine's father sounds promising - I'm curious to see how they write her out (hopefully not killing her in the process), although I'm disappointed that she's leaving. She deserves to leave if she's ready, of course, but I'll miss her. ;)

Wow. :( First Melina Kanakaredes leaves, and now Marg Helgenberger. Two lovely, leading ladies and how with one domino falling, the other could fall as well.

Really, it's very sad to see this happening but then again, an era just seems to be drawing to a close, TV-Wise and as a TV-viewer, I plan on taking a lot more evening classes to overcome my long-time TV-viewing habits.

In Marg's case, it's been eleven seasons, which is far longer than most actors/actresses are on TV-Shows but still, Melina's departure on CSI-NY felt like an arrow had hit me on the chest, now Marg's feels like the straw has broken my back, CSI-wise.

I hope to see both lovely ladies rise from the ashes in new projects in the future but between now and then, it's a massive cleaning out going on in my mind. :(

:(

Bad for the show, good for Marg! ;)

Agree with you Erica.I am seriously trying to be a good fan.But Catherine was such an awesome character.She had wit,was smart ,tough and all that looking great in the process that is so hard for me to let her go.But if Marg is happy and this leads into another role where she can expand her acting skills,I will be happy for her.

Back