Helgenberger Might Return For Season 12

CSI Files

Captain
As CSI Files previously reported, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s leading lady Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows) is planning to leave the series at the end of season 11. However, the actress admits that her departure is not set in stone. “You know what, anything’s possible,” Helgenberger told TVGuide.com. “But I wouldn’t consider a full season.” Catherine’s [...]

More...

Okay, I love Catherine/Marg. I don't want her to leave. BUT...when these actors decide they want to leave, why do they and/or TPTB insist on bringing them back here and there and now and then??

I mean, if you're gonna leave, then leave. Finish it. Close the door and be gone. Let the show move on with the actors/characters that have stayed.

I'm so tired of people leaving and then being brought back. If they leave, then do what you have to do to keep the show going strong with the actors who have stayed and are committed to the show. Stop looking back and trying to drain what little life there might be left in a character...or in an actor whose heart isn't in it anymore.

I agree, it's like William Petersen was threatning to leave in S/5, then he changed his mind, stayed for a while, due to the fact they upped his salary to a whooping $650,000 per ep. and then bailed after 10 episodes in S/9 anyway. I realize she's going on age 52, and probably wants to do other things but either stay or go, it's about about, the cha-ching..$$$$$. isn't it always?

Last edited:
You have a point Smokey. But I think Marg is beginning or might change her mind because there will/might be some great story for Catherine. Maybe she wants to leave because her character isn't given much attention like TPTB is doing with Ray. Now that the writers have/might come up with a good proposal for Catherine's future story, it makes Marg think harder whether to stay or not.

Well as much as I love the fact that Catherine and Vartann are together, I vote that Marg leaves the show at the end of this season. Alex Carter is a recurring character, so there would be no real need (unless they wanted to) keep him around after she leaves.

I guess what I'm saying is that what else can Catherine go through? What other storylines can they come up with for her? I suppose she and Lou could get married, but other than that, how many ways can they put her in peril? :rolleyes: or have her daughter in immanent danger? SHEESH. :confused:

Marg I love you and your character but please, let this season, with or without the detective, be your last.

I love Marg and Catherine and I can't imagine watching CSI without her so I really want her to stay on the show next season!!!!

You have a point Smokey. But I think Marg is beginning or might change her mind because there will/might be some great story for Catherine. Maybe she wants to leave because her character isn't given much attention like TPTB is doing with Ray. Now that the writers have/might come up with a good proposal for Catherine's future story, it makes Marg think harder whether to stay or not.

That would be great if she just decides to stay. I just don't like this go and come back and go and come back stuff. And if a character is only going to be on for a few episodes a season, they should explain why. Don't just have them missing here and there.

I was just wondering on Cath/Vartann, in which way are they "together"? their not dating as far as the writers have showed us, not living together, not engaged, not married. Just a "fling" in a hotel room. I guess the word "relationship" has different interpretations for different people. To me the perfect example of a "relationship" is the couple on CSI/NY Danny & Lindsay, married, with a baby and they work together, that's a relationship.. and their committed:thumbsup:

I was just wondering on Cath/Vartann, in which way are they "together"? their not dating as far as the writers have showed us, not living together, not engaged, not married. Just a "fling" in a hotel room. I guess the word "relationship" has different interpretations for different people. To me the perfect example of a "relationship" is the couple on CSI/NY Danny & Lindsay, married, with a baby and they work together, that's a relationship.. and their committed:thumbsup:

I looked up the word and here's what I found from Merriam-Webster Online:

Relationship:

: the state of being related or interrelated <studied the relationship between the variables>
: the relation connecting or binding participants in a relationship: as a : kinshipb : a specific instance or type of kinship

a : a state of affairs existing between those having relations or dealings <had a good relationship with his family> b : a romantic or passionate attachment

You can have a romantic/passionate relationship without being married or living together. The term is not exclusive to marriage, just like it's not exclusive to a romantic involvment.

Last edited:
And without turning this thread very shippy, I think it was pretty clear that Catherine and Lou are together. The opening scene in Blood Moon told us that.

And if Marg wants to stay or more likely, the producers want her to stay because of Catherine's new love life, they need to make Vartann a regular or at least make him the Undersheriff or something more regular. That's my opinion of course.

And by all means, if Marg has made up her mind to leave, I think that should be final.

:( I don't want her to leave but I do want her to be happy

Leave a door open to come and guest star every now then, in case she can't find work plus we'll want to see her sometimes, maybe even do something like JF has been doing this and last season

I guess your right,relationship does have different interpertations to different people.
Lou asked Cath to live with him,they are doing more than dating(which has been indicated by the writers)they are in a relationship.Comitted relationship does not mean marriage,children and working together.

I would like to Marge to stay,even partime,but it is of course up to her.

Producers should stop playing games with my mind.:( I want Marg to be happy but I can not imagine CSI without her.The part time idea works for me .

Back