Helgenberger: Bad Girls Are More Fun To Play

CSI Files

Captain
<I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>'s <font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font> (Catherine Willows) likes a role she can sink her teeth into.<p>"I gravitate toward edgier material because it suits my nature," Helgenberger told <A class="link" HREF="http://vivamagonline.com/index.html">Viva Magazine</a>. "I think bad girls are always more fun to play than good girls. I think complicated people are more fun to play than someone who falls into this stereotype of the good wife or supportive girlfriend. I feel an affinity for people who have been through hardships but are able to keep going. My mom has always looked on the bright side of life and I respect that type of person."<p>When it comes to the stigma against aging women in Hollywood, Helgenberger said, "I don't really feel the pressure. I certainly want to look the best I possibly can. I've always been a disciplined and motivated person; that's part of my Midwestern values. But you have to work with what you've got and grow older gracefully." She also said that "remaining open minded is very important for keeping a youthfulness about you. Retaining the ability to listen and not ducking out on belief. I continue to work on just reserving judgment about anything and anyone. I think it's happier not only for you, but for the world, instead of attaching a judgment to everything."<p>Onscreen and off, Helgenberger said she sees herself as "loyal, hardworking and I like to think of myself as fun." Being back to work on <I>CSI</I> is "awesome" according to the actress. "We're like family." She went on to say that's rare in the entertainment industry. "I think when you get into this business, you're taking a risk, knowing that a job can be over at any time. <I>CSI</I> is one of the few that's had an incredibly long life. I never forget how fortunate I am. Maybe I have my own guardian angel. I'd like to think it's my dad or my grandmother, his mother. It's nice to know they're watching out for me."<p>The original article can be read at <A class="link" HREF="http://vivamagonline.com/MargHelgenberger.html">VivaMagazine.com</a>.<center></center>

Back