Helgenberger Accepts Award For Charity Work

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Oct 10, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font> (Catherine Willows) was recently honored with an award for her work in behalf of the Rape Treatment Center.

The actress attended a brunch this October 2nd, where she and actress <font color=yellow>Kathryn Morris</font> (Cold Case) were awarded the Hope and Justice Award for their work to help raise money for the Stuart House, otherwise known as the Rape Treatment Center in Southern California. Fellow cast member <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) was also present.

Helgenberger and husband <font color=yellow>Alan Rosenberg</font> will also host a brunch on October 22nd in honor of cancer survivors called "Celebration of Courage." Later that day, the couple will host a poker celebrity challenge and one lucky winner will earn a plane ticket to Los Angeles and an opportunity to visit the set of CSI. Tickets for the poker challenge will sell for 10 dollars and will benefit the Cancer Center in Nebraska, Helgenberger's birth state.

And if the actress wasn't keeping busy enough with her charity work, her husband was recently elected president of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) and Helgenberger promised to be there for him every step of the way. "He woke me up at midnight New York time. He had just found out. I am thrilled for him. We have been together close to 20 years, and I know what kind of guy he is. He has always helped me with lines or if I have trouble with a scene. I don't think there is anybody better for the job."

But Helgenberger also knows how to relax. The actress recently visited the Tony Danza Show, where she revealed Paris is one of ther favorite vacationing spots. Of course, that doesn't mean she gets a vacation from her fans. "In Paris, it's a big city and you're walking, and I couldn't believe it. I mean, I walked down the street where there's a sidewalk cafe and people say, 'Catherine, ce va?'" the actress laughed.

Visit the LA Daily News to read more about Helgenberger's award. Clips from the actress at the Tony Danza Show can be found at the GSR page.<center></center>

2. AngelEyez

AngelEyez Coroner

Ah, charity. Nice to see those people helping who really can. :)

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Kudos to them. Great job.

4. JangoBear

JangoBear Lab Technician

Yay Marg! She and Alan are involved in several causes including the Penny Lane Organization which provides care and leadership for abused and neglected children and teens and the Huckleberry Fund's adolescent medicine division. :)

5. lovesCSI

lovesCSI Pathologist

GO MARG! congratuations :D

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Good for her. It's nice to see people of influence giving back to the community. :)