Hardest Thing To Do - GSR/Sara after Empty Eyes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by butterflylove206, Apr 1, 2007.

1. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

ok I wrote this after the promo for Empty Eyes came out and I was in a really melancholy mood to begin with so sorry if this is just ridiculously emo. Don't read it if you want to feel happy cuz this isn't my usual fluff. Oh and this is a drabble for the sake of drabble and before anybody asks, no I'm not continuing.
    -----------------
    The hot dessert air was beginning its steady decent into nighttime cold. Sara shivered as the breeze stirred a stray strand of hair that had escaped from behind her ear. She stared across the patio blankly, hugging her knees into her chest as she perched on the end of a plastic lounge chair. Far off in the dessert a lone coyote howled, adding to the melancholy atmosphere.
    Grissom gazed at her, his expression one of pain and sadness that was really not his own. While she would only ever show it to him, and even then only in small doses, he knew she had felt more pain in her life than any twenty people should. The worst part was that life was probably not done giving her lemons and he was powerless to protect her, he could only let her cry when she wanted, talk when she wanted, and be alone when she wanted which was most of the time. He was once again, the cleanup crew: tidying up after the crime had been committed.
    He silently spread a blanket across her shoulders.
    “Sara, do you want to go sleep for a while? It’s late and it’s going to get cold” He said barely above a whisper.
    “I dream when I sleep” she said, her voice rough; her throat raw from crying.
    “Alright” he whispered, almost to himself. He was glad her back was to him because a single tear trickled down his cheek. He could feel her wounds bleed through her voice.
    Back inside the house he punched the pillows on the couch. Why was he too stupid to figure out how to help her? Finally falling onto the couch, panting heavily, he cradled his aching head in his hands. He could do nothing but wait. One of the things he loved about her was that she wasn’t needy like so many women. She needed to figure things out by herself and he could do nothing for her but give her time and space to do that. His own words echoed in his head. Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is to do nothing. And sometimes, the hardest advice to take is your own.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

awww *hugs them* Part of me wants to try and convince you to write more despite what you said but that'd probably ruin it. It's very nice the way it is though. *sniffle*