Hall: We Love Him Deeply

CSI Files

Captain
Life--and work--must go on.<p><I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>'s <font color=yellow>Robert David Hall</font> (Dr Al Robbins) spoke about <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font>'s (Warrick Brown) recent arrest for drug possession. "I actually worked with him yesterday, and everybody was moving on. It's real hard to get work done when you're so close to the end of the season," Hall explained to <A class="link" HREF="http://www.newsday.com/">Newsday</a>.<p>When asked why Dourdan is leaving <I>CSI</I>, Hall explained, "I read the same stuff you do." The actor could only give his opinion on what he's heard. "He wants to do other things," Hall explained. "That's the speculation...You and I and the majority of other people would say, why would anyone leave a hit show [Hall just signed for three more seasons] but everybody's different. I can't comment on why Gary and CBS are parting company, but I was told he has dreams of [doing other things - maybe movies?]."<p>Hall described Dourdan as "a generous, soulful guy." When it comes to supporting the actor at this time, Hall said, "Almost to a person, I'd say ninety-nine percent of the cast and crew are very hopeful that Gary will be OK, and we love him deeply." He went on to say, "I just know him as the guy who gave me a big hug yesterday. The cast and crew want the best for Gary."<p>The original interview is from <A class="link" HREF="http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/blog/2008/04/robert_david_hall_on_dourdan_h.html">Newsday</a>. Thanks to <font color=yellow>mrb105</font> from TalkCSI for the link.<center></center>

I'd say ninety-nine percent of the cast and crew are very hopeful that Gary will be OK, and we love him deeply
So there's a one percent of the cast and crew that don't want him to recover and hate him badly? :wtf:

Hormiga;715229So there's a one percent of the cast and crew that don't want him to recover and hate him badly? :wtf:[/quote said:
I thought that when reading it!

It's interesting that RDH has signed for 3 seasons, although it doesn't mean that we'll get 3 more seasons, I guess it shows that the people at CSI CBS contract people think that there could be.

I'd say ninety-nine percent of the cast and crew are very hopeful that Gary will be OK, and we love him deeply
So there's a one percent of the cast and crew that don't want him to recover and hate him badly? :wtf:

I don't interpret that quite so literally. I tend to think he's saying that either that remaining 1 percent don't know Gary particularly well, or, if they do, may harbor feelings of resentment over what has happened. My take on his comment is that the vast majority of cast and crew who know Gary care about him and support him. Which, given the circumstances, is actually a pretty good number.

I'm going to have to agree with the not-so-literal view, though I can understand how Hall's comment can make it sound otherwise.

I just think it's great that Gary is getting so much support from the rest of the cast/crew. It sounds like he's going to need it :(

I was just kidding because I found weird him saying "99 % of the cast and crew..." instead of "everybody..."

Yeah, it is weird. And on the three seasons... Let's hope we don't end up with the show where almost none of the original cast remains... It's kind of a little late in the game for a show where the cast always changes and what I loved about CSI was these good actors (and actresses), they work well together, it just works!

And now we have lost two of them. And William Petersen apparently will only be half there....

What is our CSI franchise coming to?

Back