Guest locations

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by ComicCollect_NL, Dec 19, 2010.

1. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

The departures of team members like Stella Bonasera and Wendy Simms grant the access to guest locations. A case from New York, which leads the team to New Orleans, and another case from Vegas that leads the team to Portland. What do you think about this?

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Well I think it would probably more than likely happen with Wendy honestly, but I don't think this will happen anytime soon, or at all for that matter.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree. I don't think it will happen, but if it did, I'm sure it would happen with Wendy... as Melina seemingly wants nothing to do with CSI anymore lol. I don't think she'd film anything else for it. Liz on the other hand, she never wanted to go in the first place.

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

At one time, the original CSI was thinking about a case in London or Paris, but that idea came to a halt with the writers' strike or contract talks. I like the idea. There was one CSI book that took place in upstate New York during a snow storm and had a Canadian Mountie help Grissom. That would make a good 2-hour episode.

The problem is that most episodes are filmed on back lots in Los Angeles, except for a few exterior shots filmed in advance on location in LV, Miami, and NY. Back when these series were at the top of the ratings, there would have been better chances for trips to other locations. But now with CBS budget cuts, it seems unlikely.

5. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

Wendy Simms and Stella Bonasera are recent example. I'm pretty sure, before these two there are more of them....

6. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

Don't wait for 30 days. Please, close it. No one's going to reply on this one.

Many thanks in advance therefore.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Nah, I'll leave the thread open - if someone comes into the forum tomorrow or next week and thinks of something they'd like to say, it's better to leave threads like this open to facilitate discussion. :)

8. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

What location did you have in mind?

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

You mean guest locations? I suppose NY revisiting Chicago could be interesting, since that's where Mac is from and we've seen the place once already. (Of course, whenever these shows go elsewhere or deal with teams in other cities, they always run the risk of making it look like the other city could never solve the crime without the help of the Totally Awesome Mac/Horatio/whoever.) NY working with the New Orleans team could be interesting, giving us a chance to see the NY CSIs working with Stella but not with her - but I'm not sure I'd actually want to see the episode take place (fanfiction could always be fun, though).

I did like when NY had to work with the New Jersey CSIs on a case that crossed jurisdictions - you would think we'd see more of that kind of thing given how many people commute into NYC and just the sheer amount of people coming in and out of the city on a regular basis. (I also liked Quinn and her interaction with Mac, though.)

Overall, I think a few visits to other cities are fun, as long as they don't make the other city's people look inept by comparison.