Grade Season Five

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 15, 2009.

?

How would you grade CSI: NY Season Five?

1. A+

19 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. A-

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. B+

15 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. B

12 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. B-

9 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. C+

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  8. C

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  9. C-

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  12. D-

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Now that the season is over, what did you think about it as a whole?

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I gave this season as a whole a D+. There were a couple of really good episodes and a couple of really good character moments in mediocre to poor episodes that saved it from being a failure, but most of the episodes I either can't remember or I didn't care for. I think the DL marriage and baby story line was a huge mistake, was done very poorly and really detracted from the overall quality of the season.

The season ended on a good (but sad) note so I'm hoping S6 will be much better.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

This season gets a B- from me. Some pretty good episodes, and of course some not so good. But, also good character development I think. :) I was disappointed overall by the story arcs though.

4. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I voted an F, as there is only two episodes I would consider giving a second viewing and two out of 25 is a fail for me.

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

D-.

Personally, the only episode I truly enjoyed was "Enough." The story arcs weren't that entertaining and the Danny/Lindsay stuff was just not needed.

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I gave it a B+, overall I enjoyed it but there are a few things I thought could have been done a lot better. I didn't really like the Greek storyline, but to be honest I was glad they wrapped it up - because I think sometimes they just forget about loose ends.

7. celtess

celtess Rookie

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:I love this season !!
    csiny is like a good wine is so great for the long time
    I impressed to see the next season

8. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

I rated it a D.

The only reason it was not 100% lame is because of Emmanuelle Vaugier and Eddie Cahill and their respective arch. Because the rest of it was just horrible, specially the whole DL baby story which made me want to stop watching CSI NY. Ana Belknap getting way too much more attention than she deserves was a bad, bad move. I didn't hate her character before, she was just there and I never cared much about her. But the writers did what seemed impossible to me, they got me to hate the characters guts, to the point Lindsay gets on screen and I will will just step off so I don't have to see her, because she inexplicably annoys me.

I hope they fix these things for season 6.

9. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

I gave it a C-, because there were a lot of little moments that pleased me, but they were almost completely overshadowed by the bad moments, which were always too long.

10. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Not sure how I'd grade it, there were some good ideas but there were also a lot of little things I didn't quite get this season. Characters all of a sudden ending up having a connection with whatever the storyline was or things not making sense at all, like, as I said in the other threat, why doesn't Stella get a bigger part in Prey being the one who apparently delivered the ideas for the murderer?
    It seems like some things weren't thought through until the end.
    Or maybe I was just doing too much thinking? Who knows :p
    But sometimes it really appeared like they didn't know what to do with their characters.
    Thinking back now I also got the feeling that it was much more Mac centered than the previous seasons. It already started with the season 4 finale and continued all the way through and sometimes I really didn't get it.
    Don't get me wrong, I like his character but while he always wants Stella to think and not be too emotional driven, he kind of was very often this season. Maybe a scene where she would have or will bring him back down on earth would be a good idea. :confused:

11. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I give it a B, it did have some really great episodes, but they were mainly as the season drew to a close, the start of the season, IMHO was quite boring, and the storylines weren't that great, however, as the season began to come towards an end we had some great eps, from "The Party's Over" onward is when it got good... Well, that's my 2 cents...

12. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I gave it a C-. Honestly, the majority of the season was horrible IMO. The DL baby arc, the Greek storyline, Mac's annoying self righteousness, over focusing on characters like Lindsay instead of brilliant ones like Hawkes or Adam....nothing was really done well this season except for a few shining character moments, and a few end of the season episodes like Yahrzeit or the finale, and those are the only reasons I rated the season above a D....

13. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

My immediate reaction was to harrow my face and gibber and point and scream, "Burn! Burn the witch!", but upon further reflection, I decided to break it down by the numbers.

-"Pay Up"--A(4)
    -"Grounds for Deception"--F(0)
    -"The Greater Good"--F(0)
    -"Yahrzeit"--A(4)
    -"The Past, Present, and Murder"--D-(.5)
    -"Prey"--B(3)
    -"Communication Breakdown"--C(2)
    -"Point of No Return"--B(3)
    -"Green Piece"--B+(3.5)
    -"No Good Deed"--F-(0)
    -"Party's Over"--B-(2.5)
    -"She's Not There"--C-(1.5)
    -"Rush to Judgment"--B(3)
    -"Help"--B-(2.5)
    -"Forbidden Fruit"--B-(2.5)
    -"The Triangle"--C-(1.5)
    -"The Box"--F(0)
    -"My Name Is Mac Taylor--F(0)
    -"Dead Inside--A+(4)
    -"Enough"--B-(2.5)
    -"Cost of Living--B+(3.5)
    -"Sex, Lies, and Silicone--A-(3.75)
    -"Turbulence"--B(3)
    -"Page Turner"--B(3)
    -"Veritas"--B-(2.5)

Now, if my math is correct(and despite my deepest wishes, I'm no Charlie Eppes), that's 54.75. Divide that by 25, and you get 2.2, or C.

If that's so, then alas, there is a profound disconnect between the raw numbers and my alogical, gut reaction. The numbers say it was an average season; my brain insists that it was a sad, rage-inducing clusterdiddle of such fantastic magnitude that were I not deeply invested in the life and times of one Don Flack, I would run screaming for the exit, clutching my rudely violated asshole and weeping from my mortally assaulted eyes.

Though Charlie Eppes has taught us that numbers are our heroic friends, I'm inclined to favor my gut this time. Sorry, Charlie. I still love you.

This season, however, was a criminal waste of acting talent and airtime.

Overall grade: D+

14. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I'd give it a B since I was mostly entertained. There were a few things that I questioned. There is always room for improvement.

15. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

i think this season was pretty bad it just sort of felt like the writers threw a bunch of episodes together even though there was quite a bit of continuity i dont know why but it still feels like that. there were some good episodes and i like how other characters got the limelate as apposed to the typical mac,stella and danny because they are the only ones whoever seem to get a proper storyline, so that has improved but all in all i think the season was weak especially with the D/L storyline that had no point to it whatsoever and took away light from plenty of good characters.

oh and they killed angell that pissed me off quite a bit too :p