Grade 'Justified'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 19, 2010.

?

How would you grade Justified?

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. A

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. A-

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep tonight--watch and let us know what you think of it! :cool:

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Danny and Flack getting beat up by that guy was probably the highlight of the episode for me.

I hadn't pegged Roni's son as the killer. It was pretty horrible the way the woman treated her kids though.

Lots of Mac & Jo in this episode, I think Hawkes may have had one scene.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The episode was pretty good overall, although I wasn't paying close attention. (Whoops!) Mac and Jo's eyebrows were the stars of the hour - sorry, John Larroquette. ;)

Danny and Flack's takedown of the guy was...interesting. I was like, 'Not the face!' :eek: I did love Flack's 'Yo Adrien!' thing when he walked into the interrogation room. I also had to chuckle at Adam trying to get Mac's attention when Mac was zoning out while staring at the pictures in the lab.

Every time I see the guy that played Roni's son, I think about his character from "Sorority Boys". :lol:

4. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I enjoyed the episode. Sure there were some "duh!" moments, but there is always one or two of those in an episode. Flack is my least favorite on the show, he is just a cocky ass cop. He and Danny tackling that big oaf? Really stupid. I tweeted, "Flack is a damn fool!" I was bummed that Adam was barely on, but like Faylinn said I loved him trying to get Mac's attention. And that about the eyebrows tickled me. Gotta notice those eyebrows, I know I always enjoy Mac's expressions :sighs: I love when he get frustrated and loud. Gosh, I love Gary...

I am glad Larroquette wasn't the killer, although he was too much involved just to get a slap on the wrist. I disagreed with Mac for helping Carver's battles. Sure Roni was a evil mother, but she still was killed in a violent way.

All in all I thought it was a good show and gave it an A. I just hope enough people watched this week to bump the ratings up.

5. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

Yo, what was up with that autopsy music?

6. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I totally called it last week that if Carver hadn't done it then he was protecting a guilty nephew!

Flack and Danny tackling the big guy, I actually had to pause the ep when Flack got head butted, it was so painful.

As for whether they should have done it or not, what *is* proper police procedure when dealing with an unarmed suspect who isn't intimidated by their weapons? (Personally I would have had one of them tackle the guy, and the other ready to shoot if things got out of hand)

7. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I don't know. The music they use on NY is usually pretty out there. For my part, they don't even need singing on there, but that's just me.

8. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I thought it was pretty interesting. Although, is it just me, or is Adam dressing a little more professional these days? I mean, no unbuttoned shirts, all tucked in... Did he and Flack semi-switch bodies? :lol:

I called that it was gonna be the nephew, too. And the wedding at the end, was that the niece or Carver's daughter?

Decent episode. B. :)

9. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

I agree with you watching Danny and Flack get their butts kicked was the best:lol:. I thought Hawkes was off then I saw him 10 minutes before the show ended:scream:.

I gave this episode an A mainly because of the surprise killer. I loved that it washi nephew who killed his sister and not Ron himself. I also liked the fact the boy killed his mother not because he hated her but because he thought that was the only way he could protect his siblings at that time. I loved the DV story line as well and the fact that this guy beat up Flack and Danny without batting an eyelash proves how demonic he truly is.
    All in all a good episode.

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The episode is nicely done. It is a strong finish to Chief Carver's story. I knew Jay had something to do with the mystery when Chief Carver mentioned his name to Mac on 'Scared Stiff'. That scene in the morgue made me suspicious.

However, the episode still turns out to be surprise to me! :thumbsup: I'm glad Mac is wrong. He's human! It's a relief that this episode didn't turn into Sinclair/Gerard III. Jo's constant reminder that he might be wrong also adds interest to the story. I feel sorry for Jay. That's an awful experience.

I like Mac/Jo's make-up scene in the end. :D It is not cheesy like "I'm sorry bla bla bla."

My only concern is the scene where Veronica is beaten to death by her husband. It would be better if not shown at all. I find it to be distrubing. It is not necessary at all.

All in all a satisfying episode. A

11. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

The beating scene and later the chest splitting scene were both highly disturbing.

I thought Flack and Danny would have been injured more after being thrown around like that. That scene was just silly. Doesn't either one of those guys carry a taser?

I'm glad that Ted Carver wasn't the killer. But, I think he would have saved a lot of heartache for himself if he would have let the kid confess right away. With scars on his back like that I don't think he would have seen much if any jail time.

12. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

I thought this was a very strong episode, even if it was a bit predictable. Like others, by the end of last week's episode I had guessed that Carver was covering for one of his sister's kids. And once they showed the nephew coaching soccer, I knew he was the guy(known actor in a seemingly irrelevant role? yeah, he's gonna factor in somehow). What sold this episode for me was the emotion in it. Carver didn't turn into a complete prick, like Gerard or Sinclar might've done. And I really liked the scene when Mac showed up at the rehersal, and the nephew stepped forward to face the consequences.

I also really enjoyed how Jo kept Mac from coming hard at Carver until he had more information. I admire Mac's integrity, but it sometimes causes him to run headfirst into practical realities like politics. For some reason, it felt like Jo managed to get through to him better than Stella used to.

I thought the scene with Flack and Danny trying to take down that thug in his apartment was pretty stupid. No cops in their right mind would have handled it that way. They would've called for backup, preferably including at least one guy with a taser.

13. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

A

My personal highlight was Flack and Danny getting it on with this giant. By far the best moment of the whole episode followed by a very entertaining interrogation scene. You can never go wrong with Eddie and Carmine in a scene together. They are just two of the most talented actors on the show and they always portray their characters in the most gripping and interesting way possible! I was also very happy to see Danny back in the spotlight and I really hope it stays this way because Carmine so deserves it! He's just a natural when it comes to acting!

Scenes with Lindsay and/or Hawkes just bore me to death. The show could definitely do without those two, I don't think you'd really notice when they were suddenly gone.

To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to the storyline as I was just hoping for enough Flack and/or Danny scenes. They are the only ones (and Gary) who make it worthwhile watching for me.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

:lol:

i agree :)

anyhoo...

i loved the storm shots at the start, i always like pics/video of a good storm so that was nice.

i also thought the beating up of the woman was a bit :eek: , csiny usually glosses that stuff a bit more. it still wasn't up there with criminal minds' levels of brutality but for csiny it was pretty bad. but hey ho.

when they showed the body coming out of the water, they had an initial shot of just clear blue water that looked more like a pool than the ocean, so my first thought was "is mac swimming again?":lol:

the first montage, sid's autopsy, what the HELL was that music? it was awful! also re: sid - i really could've done without seeing him poking around in someone's ear. ewww....

when danny & flack busted down the door and the huge guy was just standing there like "come & get me" it was so similar to ed norton in american history x it was uncanny (clicky):

[​IMG]

i enjoyed them trying to do a takedown on him tho, it was so funny, reminded me of, oh i dunno, little kids fighting a big kid or something. i also thought flack's line going into the interrogation was good :)

while mac was talking to jo & lindsay he looked really nice (i can't actually remember the context but i made a note of it so it must be true dammit!)

when lindsay said "i hesitate to use the word credible" i went into an inexplicable fit of rage. i don't know why it bothered me so much but it really really did. it just didn't seem to fit with the normal within-team dialogue.

i really liked jo teasing mac a bit, good for her. i can't see stella ever teasing him like that, or at least not in the same way, i think it'd be more aggressive with stella, whereas with jo it was just a gentle prodding.

the bit when adam waved at mac because he was staring into space was great, i'm pleased that this season they seem to have bumped up the mac/adam comic double act thing, it really works.

the cheesy sports coach really made me laugh too, mac and carver having an angry argument and mac stomping off worked nicely with the background of "hey, you may not have won but you're all winners really!!!!" spiel of cheese :D

i also really liked that carver was just as stubborn as mac. i also worked out fairly early that one of the kids was probably the culprit and i thought his defence of their actions and his willingness to stick to what he thought was right regardless of the rules was very similar to mac, and putting them up against each other, both stubborn, both determined for justice worked really well.

on a similar note i also liked how angst-ridden carver was that he'd given both perps the weapons they used. i thought that was also very similar to mac who has been known to get angsty over whether he could've prevented something happening if he'd done things differently. another similarity between them and also a way of showing mac was very much able to advise carver that he couldn't have known the weapons would be used, even though we know he's been unable to take similar advice in similar situations before.

i also liked the idea that carver, as a cop, may have been flawed but was ultimately a good guy, but the victim, who as a woman may have been assumed to be, well, a victim, turned out to be really quite evil, i thought it was an interesting dynamic.

overall i enjoyed it, a nice end to the arc, although sad it's an end, i'd like to see more of carver now sinclair's out of the picture, some good stuff from most of the characters, and some lovely mac/jo interaction, so i gave it a healthy A-

oh and one more thing, i always love when mac bursts into churches to interrupt weddings! ok so this was a rehearsal but even so, it was quite reminiscent of til death do we part in season 1 where he burst in to rescue the groom from his clothes :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  15. Fwuzzfwuzz

Fwuzzfwuzz Hit and Run

I really liked this episode. A good use of all characters.

It was interesting to see the dynamic between Jo and Mac when Mac is about to do something stupid. Jo just keeps on getting cuter and cuter. I love her southern accent and how she doesn't take any crap.

Adam is cute as alway, I thought he wouldn't be in this episode but voila he appeared half way in. He's too cute but Mac needs to learn to say please. "Just do it!" - psh, Mac, where is your manners! :klingon:

I agree that the scene at the beginning was disturbing and very uncomfortable to watch. It was very sad. I didn't really want to see that. And then the abuse of the kids was so hauntingly real. I felt like crying, but it was very well done.

Flack and Danny in any scene, is awesome. They always never fail to make me laugh. This season especially they've really revived their dynamic which seemed to be dead last season.

Give this episode an A. :bolian: