Grade 'Help'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 14, 2009.

?

How would you grade Help?

1. A+

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. A

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. A-

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. B

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

First new episode of 2009! :cool: Watch and let us know what you think of it...

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Gary Sinise was on The Bonnie Hunt Show today. I watched and recorded it. They showed a clip from CSI: NY that I didn't recognize which more than likely means it was from tonight's episode. I'll know it when I see it. I'll comment on it when I grade and review this episode which will be after the episode has finished airing here in Alabama.
    :shifty: I'm not gonna spoil it for anyone who didn't see The Bonnie Hunt Show today.:shifty:

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Hopefully we'll have a good ending, but so far it's a really good episode. It's interesting that Hawkes didn't remove himself from the case. I mean, I know he cares, but did he really think that Mac wouldn't pull him?

Damn, what was with the sliding hard into the wall there, Angell? Jeez. I couldn't see what happened, did she trip or get pushed?

4. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Gonna do the typing as I watch thing again...

-Damn, that's a lot of brides. And a lot of psychos... And all the more reason to avoid getting married :lol: Kidding, kidding.

-Oh, dead body.

-Okay, killer dress line = not as cheesy. And, as a side note, that blood's never going to come out of that dress.

-My mom has no idea where her wedding dress went... */random*

-"Who would come to a sale without any money"... Good question, Danny?

-Nice, Flack.

-Dead girl in a bathtub...

-What is the squirmy wormy thing?

-Playing guitar at TOD?

-Aww... Sid knows the victim. :( *hugs*

-That's a pretty big shard... just saying.

-*hugs Hawkes and the girl* *puts tissues near by*

-Uh-oh... he's back... *dun dun dun*

-Lindsay, no one in crime shows believes in coincidences. Haven't you picked up on that yet? :p

-By the way, I knew that about Adams and Jefferson.

-ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He just loves putting things together, doesn't he? :lol:

-Flack found out Hawkes connection?

-I <3 Adam. (Fear not, Faylinn. It's from afar ;))

-Ooo, Mac's asking Adam to step out...

-Mac, seriously. Is it too much to ask for a little compassion on that one? Come on. :p

-Danny looks good in this episode... *steals him*

-What, is this an episode for coincidences?

-Say the name of those worms three times fast. Bet ya can't do it. I know I couldn't. ;)

-Adam rocks. :D

-THAT'S Alex Band? Man, has he changed... In a good way. ;)

-The necklace was Laurel's? So, does that mean Marie's fiancee is the rapist?

-Are the dancers blindfolded?

-ADAM!!!

-How can the dude from The Calling be a killer?

-I thought Flack's leap was gonna end badly...

-Did Angell call him an idiot?

-She's pretty. :)

-What a sick b...

-*hugs Hawkes*

-Aww... Sheldon... :( *hugs him and Kara*

-To be fair, Sheldon asked Adam to run the DNA BEFORE Mac removed him...

-And, Mac gets angry when Hawkes breaks protocol, but when Lindsay does in front of the accreditor, she gets an "I'm more concerned about you" speech? That's not chill.

-Hawkes, listen to Mac...

-*hugs Hawkes tightly* Poor baby.

-I don't think Hawkes believes you, Mac...

-Worms win... :lol:

-I knew it!

-I also had the feeling he'd try to hurt Stella...

-Yay worms! (I think that's the only time in history I'll ever say that haha)

-Aww... that's kind of a cute end... :)

All in all, great episode. Can't wait for next week's, though. :D

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Typed as I watch, as usual. :)

~ That bride segment was longer than it needed to be.

~ Danny, put your glasses back on. *cracks whip* NOW!

~ Haha, Flack with the bunny ears. :p

~ 'Some women dream their whole lives about that killer dress'...YEAAAH!

~ Owowowow (at the cut) >.<

~ Danny and Flack talking about marriage makes me LOL. :p

~ 'Strange place to live' - are you new here, Lindsay? People will convert any building into residential space.

~ Ew, worm.

~ Aww, poor Sid. *hugs him and pats his hair* Also, I love him in a little hat. :p

~ Oh, Sheldon. :( :( :(

~ I feel bad saying this when he's in an emotional state, but Sheldon is so pretty. *is ashamed*...Ok, I changed my mind. I'm not ashamed. Sheldon, you's a sexy beast, bb. Rawr! :devil:

~ What's with this music?

~ Oh Danny, stop scrunching up your face. It's not attractive.

~ Oh my god, Lindsay, shut up. You drive me up a frickin' wall. It's the way she delivers her lines, like 'allow me to impart my excessive knowledges upon you.' I'm all for tidbits of useless information, but not coming from her.

~ ADAM!

~ My baby's so smart. :)

~ Aww, Hawkes asking Adam to run some evidence for him.

~ Whoops, Sheldon, you got caught.

~ LOL, Sid. 'Chick fight' :lol:

~ Waitwaitwait - so when Lindsay sits there spewing random information, it's fascinating, but when Sid does it, it's all 'have you been hanging out with Lindsay?' - She's such a special snowflake. :rolleyes: BTW, Sid did it much better. I'd totally listen to him saying random crap. Lindsay, not so much. (I thought Hawkes was the 'encyclopedia of tidbit information' anyway. Not that I expect much continuity on this show.)

~ Angell is so pretty. ^_^

~ How convenient that the guy was in jail and was accused of sexual assault. Do red herrings have to be so...convenient? (Yeah, I know, used the same word. Deal with it. :p)

~ For a Hawkes-related episode, there isn't much Hawkes. GIVE ME MORE HAWKES, DANGIT! :mad:

~ Random, gratuitous half-naked women. It wouldn't be 'hip' without random, gratuitous half-naked women. :rolleyes:

~ So basically, Adam is just here to share info at helpful times.

~ LOL, Super!Flack

~ 'Stupid idiot - is that redundant?' :lol: I love Angell. :devil:

~ I'm a bit pissed - they cut the major scene with Sheldon and Kara from the spoilers. :mad: She's interacted with Stella more than him.

~ Ok, a minute later, they showed a bit of the scene as a flashback - still, there should have been more interaction. It's Danny and Louie all over again - they're the ones with a connection, but they don't interact with each other at all or enough. :rolleyes:

~ Good scene with Sheldon and Stella, though. *pets him*

~ Aww, poor Adam, he got put on the spot. *bakes him cookies*

~ Do the writers even pay attention to their COMPLETE LACK OF CONSISTENCY when it comes to what cases they can and can't work, and what behavior is and isn't acceptable? :rolleyes: (I eagerly await La Guera's comments on this episode. She'll say it better than me.)

~ Aww, Sheldon. :(

~ Why does this show constantly disappoint me with the lack of manhugs? :(

~ Damn, Stella. :eek:

~ Aww, Sid, Stella and Mac. ^_^ I love Sid's little hat.

~ Oh, Sid. *hugs him*

Preview: Flack! *protects him*

Overall, a good episode, and Hill did a great job. However, I wish they had given him more screentime with Kara that wasn't those two(?) little flashbacks. Show us the connection between them, don't just say it's there and then not give us much of it. Stella and Mac had good scenes with him, though, and Stella's scene with Kara was good as well. I also liked Sid's connection to the victim and his scene at the end. Poor Sid. *hugs him*

Anyway, it was a good episode to bring us back from the winter hiatus. I'm looking forward to next week.

6. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Just finished watching, and I have to say...

FINALLY! HAWKES GETS SOME LOVING FROM THE WRITERS!

Hill Harper was amazing tonight, and I hope he gets more to run with this season :) same goes with his ex girlfriend-though I wish we had seen more scenes with them together. :thumbsup:

And Stella kicks some ass! While I don't want her being a victim (and thought it was incredibly stupid of her to go in somewhere without police officers), she held her own. The scenes with her and Mac were intense as well...but given the subject matter of the episode, I wonder why neither one brought up the similarities between this case and the one that Aiden got involved in before she left. Both her and Hawkes were passionate about finding the rapist because someone they cared about had been hurt, and Aiden so much so that she lost her job. Its hard to figure out why Mac or Stella didn't mention it, although I'm sure it was on their minds. At least Mac had the foresight to go after Hawkes and try talking to him about it, instead of simply giving him an order.

But overall, A :)

7. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I liked this eppie, but the plot was eerily similar to an Law & Order: SVU episode where a rapist would wash off his victims and then steal a piece of jewelry which he would give to his wife as a present. One victim had a ring that had belonged to her grandmother. Heck, on SVU the rapist lied and said he bought the jewelry from a guy on the street.

I really liked the ending w/Sid, Stella and Mac listening to the subway performers. Sharon Little has a beautiful voice.

8. Uberniftacular

Uberniftacular Victim

In the manner of Fay, typed as I watch. Forgive the random, for I am le tired.

…music that isn’t shit, what?

That is a LOT of shrieking women.

Ohnoes. Dead lady.

Hee. Flack is holding a bunny ears headband.

That chick looks freaking familiar.

Oh Stella, why do you hurt me so?

Ick, killed by a dress.

Haven’t we done “dead chick in a bathtub” already?

Guitar! Pretty!

Teeny tiny worm.

Hawkes!flashback. Woo.

Emotional Hawkes is emotional.

Ah, THERE’S the awful music we all know and loathe.

I swear the music is saying “amine.” That may be an indication that I’ve been in chem too long.

Lindsay. We don’t care. Plz to be shutting up now.

…Stop. Seriously, Lindsay, STFU.

Stella has thinky-thoughts.

Worm!

Hello Adam. ILU.

And more awful music. Gawd.

Flack!

Hot damn, that’s a NICE guitar.

Ooh, who’s on that list? (My guess would be Hawkes)

Bwaha, I was right.

Geez, Hawkes, didn’t you learn last time to not stay on cases where you’ve got a personal connection?

Sid has a navy blue labcoat.

WHY with the freaking random coincidence discussions? Sid, I thought you were better than this.

“You been hangin’ out with Lindsay?” *snerk*

Ick, skin-burrowing worm.

Wormtopsy. Okay.

Even if he’s the bad guy, he’s a fairly decent musician.

Eleanor’s pretty good too.

Jess. Coat. <3

Boom!

LONG AD BREAK IS LONG.

Plz to be putting boobs away now, kthx?

Sad attempt to be funny. And why on EARTH is the pregnant lady wearing heels? Isn’t that uncomfortable?

Do I know this song?

Don’t drop the guitar!

Go Flack GO! Angell too, but…FLACK!

Tackle? TACKLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Flack is kinda the Morgan of CSI sometimes.

Well whine about it why don’t you.

Hawkes’s ex is pretty. Who is she? IMDB is NO HELP.

Stella. Leather jacket. Pretty.

Her jacket is pretty too! So many pretty jackets. /shallow

Aw, poor hurt Hawkes.

Adam, your shirt looks silly. I don’t know why, but it looks silly.

Stella cracks the case!

Emotional Hawkes is emotional again.

Holy crap, no hitting Stella!

Wuh-oh…

Eww…wormy blood.

Are we really hanging out in the subway to listen to street performers?

Sid. Hat. <3 Coat. <3

Good musicians. Not sure if I like the girl’s singing style, but…not bad.

DRAMA next week. They’re trying to make it look like Flack accidentally kills a perp. I’m almost positive it’s not going to actually turn out that way.

9. Faylinn

Nichole Galicia

It's because it's straining across his manly, manly chest....*snicker* Sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face.

Adam, ILU BB! ;)

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

One point of confusion for me: What made the sample not FBI grade? I'm confused why it was questionable aside from the obvious Hawkes factor.

I'm curious about how the contradictions with who can work what will be elaborated on too.

11. Faylinn

I think maybe the sample was too small? :confused: I'm not sure either. I know Mac commented about it not being FBI-grade before he asked Adam who'd given it to him, so it wasn't just because Sheldon was involved.

12. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

Why does a woman with such a chunky diamond need to go to a sale, she can probably buy right from the designer. But i love Chapel of Love, reminds me of being a little girl and playing wedding, off topic

Why would anyone want a dress that pointy, and the cut ouch it was all flappy. yuck, but Danny and Flack, so cute, especially Dannys victory look. =)

as for the loft, i'm with lindsay its a strange place to live. its just weird, you can make any place into condos/lofts but a church? Denver has a club thats used to be a church, it was just wrong, feel like i'd be desimating it or something.

poor sid, hes been getting emotional with the corpses lately. that or i'm just watching too many reruns like it.

Who knew put a little hair on Hawkes and he's a decade younger, same as Danny put him in a backwards hat...yea for several parts of this episode i'm like ooooo they are gonna bring that back!!!! more later...

i liked lindsays little coincidence shpeill, but it did seem like at least stella was in her own head and Danny, well he had to listen hormons can be vicious. jk, probably not

oh and Flack tattles on Hawkes!!!!!! Eddie was whining in his commentary on the commentary to consequences that lindsay tattled on him...hmmm

Hawkes doesn't like getting takien off cases, didn't he and mac have a similar convo in season 3 about a certain subway vic...see almost continuity, just so darn close.

chick fight sid would know about that..he has daughters...coincidences happen...icky worms

Has Mac been upgraded from super to near godliness?? i mean i have a confession. oh no...i love mac but will he be wrong, can someone prove him wrong soon!!!!

wormtopsy = misquitotopsy contish? Hawkes first tv case

flack and the slowmo tackle, a little scary..whose the stupid jerk?
    She lost her grandmas ring the ring she was suppose to be wearing for the rest of her life...sad, poor sheldon, but stella is so sweet to him, she was the one that was there for him after the shane casey thing too. it figures hawkes would need the push to propose...he still could. he shoulda moved out with her.

Hawkes DON'T PULL AN AIDEN!!!!! talks to mac:**i can see clearly now the rain is gone** poor guy is still broke...

go to the girlfriend, thats always the answer, give his girlfriend the jewlery thats just plain wrong....HER RING!!!!! SHELDON NEEDS TO GET THAT THING BACK AND PROPOSE TO THAT GIRL!!!!

He hits stella, does she not look tough to you!!!! seriously....was completely waiting for a season 2 franky flash back...thought the same thing when stel was talking to kara...

so mac can believe in fate but not coincidences???

What is Mac too good for subway stations??
    No man hugs but sid gets some loving!!! HE NEEDS SOME GOOD LOVING. hes already been in the hospital and been beaten up this season.

Next week: dun dun dun. Flack better get some lovens too!

13. Nature

Nature Civilian

Yes that is Alex Band from The Calling. He has a new solo album coming out this year. The music he sang on the show will be on the album. For more info on him and his music you can visit www.alexband.net and www.alexmaxband.com .

14. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

:guffaw:I love it. We got 3 recaps this week. racefh853629, Uberniftacular and Faylinn.
    Well, enough of that.

About the episode.
    I give this episode...drumroll...A+. Yes, you read right...A+.
    That scene I saw earlier today on The Bonnie Hunt Show was the one after Mac ask Adam who told him-(Adam) to run that DNA.
    I'm gonna watch this episode again on ON DEMAND with PRACTICALLY NO COMMERCIALS. OK. OK. I admit it, I'm plugging ON DEMAND. I should've got ON DEMAND sooner.
    One more plug: ON DEMAND. :lol:
    Either this was the first truly good episode since My Name Is Mac Taylor or I was desperate for a new episode after 3 weeks without a new episode.
    3 weeks without a new episode...BOO!!! What is this summer vacation or another writers strike???
    Well, that's all for now.
    Just a reminder: I'm giving this episode...drumroll...an A+.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  15. Faylinn

Personally, I don't see the big deal - ultimately it's just a building. I watched a show where a woman lived in an old church she'd converted into a house. *shrug* Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I was so disappointed. I should learn not to be disappointed by now, but alas. *woe*

:p

:p Hey, y'all know how I roll by now.