Grade 'Death House'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 9, 2009.

?

How would you grade Death House?

1. A+

27 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. A

12 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. A-

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. B+

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New CSI: NY ep tonight... a creepy house with lots of danger inside! Give it a watch and let us know what you think. :cool:

2. cavanaughdevil

cavanaughdevil Victim

I caught this ep at 6 CT (3 hrs ago) and enjoyed it for the most part. It did kind of drag on though.

3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

First I just want to say that I knew it wasn't going to be Lindsay in that room - so far this season she's only been in every other episode.

There wasn't really any need to solve the murders since the guy who had that house designed died 30 years ago. It was just a matter of solving the puzzle to open the rooms.

Adam was very concerned about Haylen though. I'm not sure if he actually wants her to go to the FBI or not.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~"...Really?" "Still yes." Hee.
    ~"Let's take him to a Jets game this weekend." Also hee.
    ~I saw the blue shield and the red shield in the window and the first thing I thought was "Ravenclaw and Gryffindor!". ...I'm a dork.
    ~Hey, Stella? Duck. Or dive. Dive is probably safer.
    ~$300,000 sounds good to me...
    ~Isn't that what people did in pyramids? Or was that just in that movie?
    ~I'd be wearing gloves. What about poisons?
    ~Glass! Glass! I guessed before Mac! I win! Oh, wait, I'm not sure I want to win this game.
    ~I'd check the other one too, just in case. Good Stella.
    ~"I'll shoot you if you say ladies first." Hee!
    ~Sherlock Holmes! Oh. Never mind.
    ~This reminds me of an actual house. I'm pretty sure one of the entries in the Serial Killer Encyclopedia (for iPod Touch) had something about a trick house.
    ~Erm... is it safe to be in that room?
    ~Ruh roh. Go help Hawkes, please...
    ~That's more death by axe than by knife, really.
    ~I'm guessing that's a no, since he died in the very first puzzle.
    ~I love that they're all kind of wincing like they expect the clock to be another trap.
    ~So... basically this was a case with no criminal. Well, the guy that built the place did technically murder that guy, but it was like 80 years ago so I can't really hold him personally at fault for the more recent guy's death, or almost drowning that woman.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This one was a different sort of episode - slow paced but interesting. I wanted to have all of Stella's babies when she figured out which vase was glass. (I also loved the other great little puzzle-solving moments too, of course. ;)) The only downside to all of the intelligent stuff in the episode was Hawkes' moment of dumb when he got trapped in the huge oven and had to be rescued by Mac. ;) I was kind of hoping that Flack would solve the last puzzle there at the end, but of course it ended up being Mac. I'm glad they got the woman out, though. (She was alive, right?)

I had to chuckle at Adam's reaction to Haylen apparently moving to the FBI lab - I guess this is proof that the experiment didn't work out and Sarah Carter won't be back? Poor baby, though - everybody told that woman that he was worried about his job. Yes, it was true, but that's so mean! :lol:

I enjoyed the stuff with Sid at the beginning! I love Sid, and it was great to hear him go to his creepy place. Sid definitely deserves his own episode, but good scenes like that will hold me over in the meantime. ;)

Also - I had to chuckle at the slo-mo walking at the end. Oh, you guys. :lol: They're all so ridiculously pretty, though. Hubba hubba! :devil:

ETA: Oh! I loved Flack's little 'ooh' moment when he was talking about the room appearing out of nowhere. :lol:

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I am going to do commentary as I watch.

Overlapping 911 calls.
    That's what I wanna know: How does a dead guy call 911.
    I really hate the theme song since they tweaked it in season 4.

Commercials:
    Kay Jewelers
    Windows 7
    American Express
    Best Buy
    Yes Viginia
    Back to the show.

Snap. Snap. Snap. Snap. Snap those photos.
    Flack will remember to thank the caller before he tosses his ass in jail.
    Sid. I love Sid...like a favorite uncle.
    Adam. My favorite lab rat.
    Who is that??? Ah, Deborah Martin.
    Haylen??? The FBI wants Haylen??? I'm with Adam: WOW.
    LOL Stella. Take 2 mg of mummy and call me in the morning.
    1923. 2 years before my mom was born.
    Find out??? How??? Ah, Fastscan.
    Walter Jones.
    Note to self: name of penthouse owner is Sam Harding
    10-15 million??? I can't afford it.

Commercials:
    Chanel
    Invictus
    Duracell batteries
    Verizon Wireless
    Arm and Hammer
    Kohl's
    Medium
    Back to the show.

Eww. Cobwebs. I hate cobwebs and spider webs.
    WOW!!!
    That, my dear Flack, was a sharp, deadly object.
    I hope she knows what she's doing, as well.
    Adam is thrown by the FBI being interested in Haylen.
    LMAO Stella. I'll shoot you if you say ladies first.
    80 years ago??? I didn't know CSIs worked cases that old.
    Taylor and Bonasera moving company. :lol:
    Looks like Richard Lawson to me.

Commercials:
    American Express
    Wal-Mart
    Chevrolet
    Jared Jewelers
    Late Show With David Letterman
    Arby's
    Kroger
    Kroger...again
    Belk
    Hardee's
    See BB King at the VBCC
    10 pm news preview
    Back to the show.

Snap. Snap. More picture taking.
    I think Mac just found the other way in.
    It was Richard Lawson
    Don't do that Sheldon!!!
    Uh-oh. Sheldon is in deep (bleep).
    I bet that's Paula that's trapped.
    Hurry. Find whoever is trapped.
    Have you tried looking under the bed?

Commercials:
    Target
    Intel
    Kay Jewelers
    Sprint
    Target
    Survivor
    CSI/The Mentalist
    10 pm news preview
    Ford
    Burke's Outlet
    10 pm news preview
    Salvation Army Angel tree
    Back to the show.

WOW. Stairs disguised as drawers.
    Move the sun? This I gotta see.
    You're threatened and you know it, Adam.
    Does this mean no more Haylen?
    Whoa. Tidal wave.
    That pnethouse should be sealed up so no one else could ever get in it.

Commercials:
    News preview
    iPhone
    Kohl's
    Late Show with David Letterman

Next week...Christmas episode.

WAIT!!! I just realized something: No Lindsay.
    I don't care about Haylen anymore but...where was Lindsay?

My grade for this episode: A.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  7. hammer227

hammer227 Rookie

:thumbsup:that's an A for me too, i really really liked it!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don's dun-dun-duuun was priceless :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: oh and Stella's line 'If you say ladies first i'll shoot you' too :lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh and no Haylen and some SMacked, yes i'm definately happy!!! :thumbsup:

8. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

This is the third episode this season that she hasn't been in.
    She wasn't in Battle Scars, Cuckoo's Nest and now Death House.

Did anyone else hear Danny refer to Flack as Donnie Boy? I don't think I've heard that one before.

9. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

not to good tonight. What was it about. I am a big Adam fan but thought he acted like a baby in this epi. :eek: Overall thought is sucked

10. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

A different one, nice it was pleasant to watch:) and the FBI girl ?? Is this a way to end this Haylen story ??? If yes ....then great no more blonde is the lab go Adam.. If no... too bad I'm not looking forward seing where they want to go with this girl. New york definitively no need to add some character

Give a A

11. aya otohata

aya otohata Victim

Random thoughts about tonight's episode:

* Lindsay!?!
    * Love Adam but kind of annoying (just in this episode)
    * Lindsay!?!
    * It would have been funnier if they had Danny, Don, Adam, and Sid trapped in the house
    * Lindsay!?!
    * Mac saved Sheldon!!! Why Mac?
    * Lindsay!?!
    * It's all about Super Mac...his sidekick, Stella...and some girl called Haylen Becall
    * Lindsay!?!
    * Scary house
    * Lindsay!?!
    * Mac should have just gone by himself...he practically solved everything :(
    * Lindsay!?!
    * The team's pretty
    * Where's Lindsay!?!

--- not a fan of this episode

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Could NOT have loved this episode more!!! :D:D Sid being Sid again was awesome!! Looooooved Flack!! I thought the whole thing was fun all around and a really cool break from the norm! :D Now, while I admit that Mac can do no wrong for me *cough;)*, I don't think they overplayed his part. There was definitely more of a team feel than when they have him captaining things from the lab. *side note* Since he was one who found the closet entrance with the crowbar thingy in the first place, it only made sense for him to be the one to reopen it.

On a critical level, I did think the whole Adam/Haylen/FBI thing seemed a bit forced and convenient the way they threw that in there.....:rolleyes:

13. Fwuzzfwuzz

Fwuzzfwuzz Hit and Run

This episode was really interesting. I love puzzles and this had that Sherlock Holmes feel about it. Just good o'l fashion crime solving. What I really like about this episode was everyone was really in character. Flack had so many good lines I laughed so much. I find it so cute when he gets all confused about all the science crap.

Mac and Stella seemed to be more warm and cozy with each other this epi than they've been in the last few. Was there a slow-down of Mac holding Stella's hand with the phone for a sec or was that just me doing that mentally. haha

I like Adam all quirky. I'm curious about who this Jake guy is - Haylen's replacement? :p Although, I'm with Sheldon, if he was worried about his job why was he so flustered about Haylen leaving. This whole reaction seems to be leading to more Haylen, unfortunatley. Although, Danny playing interrogator on Adam was cute. He can be like an older brother to Adam sometimes. haha also, Another note, did Does anyone know what Adam's degrees are in. He said in the episode he majored in Geology. I'd assume he have a Bachelors and Masters. *shrugs*

Ah, Sid! Love Sid. glad he wasn't all serious and back to his weird ol' self. He must love weirding Mac out and Stella seemed to having fun with sid. The Mummy was super disgusting. You have to be a little weird to handle that stuff.

Overall, I just enjoyed this episode. It was more liek a sit back and watch type of episode. No heavy Drama just real interesting!

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Danny's hair came to a point this week. A point. I have horrible visions about what will happen if someone doesn't do something. You know what could happen?

[​IMG]

THAT COULD HAPPEN! :eek:

I mean yeah, the pointy hair may be an improvement over the Treasure Troll hairdo, but...I just don't like the path we're heading down. I don't like it at all.

:D Y'all know you love me despite the horrible mental images. :D

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i dunno, it made sense for mac to open the oven again as he'd found the sliding door thingie in the first place; as for the grandfather clock riddle, flack's probably too young to have got that one too! my dad repairs grandfather clocks (seriously, anything later than 1890 is pointless for him) and even having been around that there's no way i'd have got that riddle, and i'm roughly flack's age. i think it made more sense for someone a bit older to get that one.

haha, yeah, i enjoyed seeing cute nervous adam again :) i assume that's what it means about haylen but i don't know, it doesn't mean she'll get the job! i wonder if maybe they're using it as a set up - she doesn't get the fbi job, she comes back and adam has to face up to her with everyone knowing just how nervous he was and it sets up something between them. or maybe that's me reading too much into it!

yay! a return to sid's creepy place :D i liked mac's line about taking him to see the jets too, it was cute :D

it was, and when he did the twilight zone theme too :D

haha, you and me both ;)

there was!! at least i thought there was. and then they repeated it twice more! surely it can't be coincidence that they repeat them doing that 3 times and make a big camera issue of it?!:lol:

me too!

overall i reaaaaally enjoyed this one, it was straight up entertaining, and ultimately that's what tv should be. i know it's a serious show (ish) and that's normally what i like but i also like when every once in a while they do something a bit silly and fun (like boo or recycling for instance). it's nice to see them as a team having a bit of fun with a case instead of the usual miserable stuff. as a concept as well i really liked it, it had that sherlock holmes kind of feel that faylinn mentioned, and it had a lot of ingenuity, whichever writer/consultant came up with all those devices needs a pat on the back! it was nice to see them just trying to work stuff out rather than being on top of the case. and it definitely had a sense of fun, especially with flack's lines and some of stella's ("i'll shoot you if you say ladies first" is definitely a favourite), and even mac seemed to be having fun playing with all those toys, which was really nice to see.

i liked seeing cute nervy adam again but i hope they don't regress him too much, he's grown in confidence and it'd be a shame for him to just go back to square one. i also loved seeing sid back in his creepy place, along with mac and stella's amused scepticism of his enjoyment of death'n'stuff, something we haven't seen in a while. it was kind of odd to me that mac of all people should be the one telling sid to get out more, given that he's the one that is married to the job, but maybe that was the point?

as for the smacked content - i think there was some there, partly the fact that they seemed relaxed and smiley throughout, as well as that bit where she had the photo on her phone and he kept taking her hand to look at it - he could've just asked her to pass it to him no? and the camera definitely lingered on that shot, which suggests that maybe the writers have rediscovered that mac & stella have at least a good friendship - the last few weeks they've seemed a bit strained/cold/distant so it was nice to see tptb remember that they do actually get along, i don't mind particularly whether they take it further, i'm just glad their friendship's been resurrected!

i gave it an A+ - ok so technically it may not have been the most typical ep, it wasn't on the usual level of seriousness, but i'm glad they know how to have fun and play with the format a little from time to time, it's always good to have comic relief. once in a while, it's nice to see them do something different, a bit lighter, and let the writers and actors show their humourous sides a bit. i wouldn't want to see it every week, but every so often it's good to break the mould a little bit and do something offbeat.