Grade 'Damned If You Do'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 8, 2010.

?

How would you grade Damned If You Do?

1. A+

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. A

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. A-

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. B+

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New episode tonight! Give it a watch and let us know what you thought.... :cool:

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I have to post during the episode to say THANK GOODNESS FLACK GOT A HAIRCUT. And boy is he looking foine! :drool:

ETA: Wait, now I'm not so sure. Did he get a haircut, or is it just styled better? :lol: I'm so confused.

ETA2: Now my thoughts about the episode after it's over. ;)

Adam doing the polygraph = hilarious. He was so cute in his little suit and glasses, and OMG his expression when the guy started talking! :lol:

I love Jo. And it's kind of adorable how she hangs her badge from a skinny belt. :p I also liked learning a bit more about her past. That scene was too exposition-y, but I forgive the writers. ;)

Danny and Flack had a few cute scenes. :adore:

Also, Jo and Mac are like the Queen and King of awesome eyebrows. :lol:

Sid was funny - do I detect some flirtation between him and Jo, perhaps? *waggles eyebrows*

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  3. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I felt like this was a good episode, it just didnt come together for me.

I didnt like:

That the killer was a random dude, and had nothing to do with the couple and that we wasted an hour wonder if Billy Travers or Owen Hicks did it and it turn out to be a random dude.

I'm getting a little nervous the the NY writers are gonna fall into the same path the Vegas writers did with writing Ray Langston, with the way they are writing Jo, now i like her but she starting to be a little to miss know it all for me, I mean she just moved to NYC not that long ago and already knows about Glassmaphy ( or whatever it was called) I hope they start lighten up on Jo ALWAYS having the answer to everything or she is gonna get REAL annoying REALLY fast.

This I liked:

Any and all Flack/Danny scenes are A-okay in my book, Eddie and Carmine are so amazing together.

I loooooooved Adam scene perfomring the fake polygraph test. seriously hilarious.

And I dont care if Eddie got a hair cut or the hair people on the NY set just started styling it better, but Thank God the weird poof thing he had gonig on in the last couple of episodes is gone, he looks 1 million times hotter!!!!

Overall a good episode that seem to jsut lose its way a little bit, IMO.

4. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Tonight's show was another winner. First, I loved "In the Air Tonight" being used. It is my favorite Phil Collins song. The whole 80s party vibe was really cool too. The actor who played Billy made me think of Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise mixed. Very 80-ish looking kid.

I was glad Jo wasn't on as much. She really irks me and snooping at Mac's papers was annoying. She at least explained herself but it was still annoying. And Jo's continual flirting with Adam is creepy. I laugh at it but still, it is odd to me. Adam was quite cute as the bumbling polygraph administrator. I love the reaction of the perp. What a dolt that perp was! How often would a guy just unload at the people on the other side of the mirror?

I was glad to see Sid back on. I was concerned that he was gone or something. I had never really paid much attention to him until he wasn't on the first 2 episodes this season. I liked his line about alimony lol. I'm sure a lot of guys would share that brainwave attack lol

And of course I must mention Mac. Quite enjoyed the victim getting angry at him and sending him away from the hospital room. In cop terms, I would say he was wrong to badger an "almost dying" woman for answers and showing the picture would make her think it was sonny boy. Glad at the end she didn't remember Mac's actions. I think it's good for the boss man to mess up sometimes and have to eat crow.

Judging from the tweets tonight, seems that people are pleased with this season and that makes me happy. I had to cackle at someone's tweet that said, "Mac's an angry elf. #CSI_NY @GarySinise." I think the person has a valid point, although I think of Gary as a hot alien with his big, expressive eyes :sighs: :alienblush: Ok, before I go completely fangirly, I will end my comments :cool:.

Side notes: Thank goodness Flack got his haircut or restyled. He looked more like himself :thumbsup:.

Seemed like they had to rush to tie-up the lose ends of the case. And the wild goose-chase with the prison goons was a little strange. It seemed like the writers were out of ideas. However, the idea of the perp thinking he was killing his own parents was an interesting premise, albeit he must've been pretty drunk and angry not to realize that, "hey these are random people!"

Overall I give the episode an A. It held my attention but had some definite issues that made me a little frustrated.

5. Country233

You have a point there! I love Mac's evil eyebrows and Jo has some pretty mean looking brows too. Eyebrows are very important and I always point out guys who have awesome brows. My friends think I am really weird because of my "eyebrow fetish..." Oh well.

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I really liked how I didn't know the episode was going to play out, it being someone we hadn't seen before was refreshing in a way, because it was unexpected.

I did love Adam and the polygraph scene, and I also enjoyed the Danny/Flack scenes.

7. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I've got to be honest here. This episode left me empty like a week without any of the CSI shows. This episode would've fit right in in season 6. I don't know why I'm so surprised. Even the commercial for this episode was crappy. For me, 99% of the time crappy "scenes from our next episode" plus crappy commercial equals crappy episode. This episode definitely fell in to that "99% of the time" group. So, with all this being said I give this episode. I was considering being generous and giving this episode a C but I decided NO MISS NICE GIRL. I'm giving this episode what I feel this episode deserves...a D.

8. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Just to be clear, foine is not Gaelic...it's "fine" the way Cyndi Lauper might say it. "Fine" in Gaelic is breá, while "handsome" in Gaelic is dathúil. And Eddie kills in this one...he's aggressive, witty, condescending, all the attributes you would expect in a NYC detective.

A pretty good episode.

The beginning was just a bit too emo-Bieber-ish for me. All these people with their windswept hair and drinking addictions at age 18. The implication that he was the center of attention at the party was kind of odd, since it was explained as a frat party. I'm not sure which frat house at NYU or Columbia would stage this kind of event.

I liked the plot twist. Like most of the CSINY-series episodes, I hope and assume that the researchers have looked into the occurrence of neuroleptic malfunction, and figured that Mom fingering her Son was a believable medical experience.

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i never thought i'd hear "favourite" and "phil collins" in the same sentence:eek::eek::eek::eek::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

as for the ep, it was ok. not as good as the last two, but watchable. still better than most of the last season. flack talking to danny down the manhole was one of the best things they've done in years.

10. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Can someone please explain to me why Jo had to quit as an FBI agent? It was explained in this episode, but as a non-native English speaker I didn't fully understand. So, did Jo file the mistake she encovered? And was that bad or... meeeeeh. :wtf:

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't understand how the guy couldn't tell that the people in the bed were not his parents. Do all parents look the same to him or what? Was he stoned out of his mind? I just didn't get that.

I'm actually not as annoyed by the way they are writing Jo like I was with the way Vegas was writing Ray. I mean at least the NY writers are better at dividing out screentime. And Jo interacts with pretty much everyone... not just mainly one person all of the time. I mean on Vegas they almost always have Ray with Nick. I mean we get sprinkles of Ray/Doc or Ray/Cath... but rarely Ray/Greg. Whereas Jo has already had more scenes with Adam in her three episodes with the shown than Ray has had with Greg in what two seasons? :lol:

I don't really think that's that far-fetched considering that she has children... particularly the 18yr old adopted son. He probably knows a lot of things about a lot of random things. Its possible that this where she learned about Glassmaphy. Or maybe she just reads a lot.

Adam's scene with the polygraph machine was the best part of the whole episode in my opinion... second only to Sid's flirting with Jo. :lol:

Kind of a boring episode overall, but had a few highlights... other than the two I mentioned above.

Danny: Remember what I said about having son?
    Linds: Yeah.
    Danny: Forget that; I'm good. I don't know whether to laugh or frown at this. Not all sons will grow up to kill their parents, you know, Danny. :lol:

Girl (to Flack): You're kind of a bitch, you know that? :guffaw: I loved his little smirk.

Jo's sing-song "Aaaaadam" was cute followed by Adam's "What did I do?" hehe. The way she teases him is kind of like a big sister would... but she also seems kind of motherly towards him too. I guess that comes from actually being a mother. :lol:

I did like the scene of Danny and Don at the sewers and Don saying he doesn't do sewers. :lol:

I like that Phil Collins song, but it felt weird hearing a song that old on the show. :lol:

She found out someone made a mistake and she told the bosses the mistake and who made it. My guess is that some of her co-workers didn't like that and she probably felt threatened or uncomfortable working there any longer. Well that and the fact that someone still blames her for something that happened as a result of that mistake. I think she was the boss, like Mac is, so a lot of people blamed her that she didn't catch this guy's mistake before it ruined the case against a rapist (I think it was a rapist) and the case had to be thrown out and the rapist got away with it.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  12. Country233

Hmm? I guess you aren't a Phil Collins fan. I like creepy 80s songs and that is right up my alley. However, "Every Breath You Take" is my flat-out favorite 80s song.

13. Country233

I know right? I know some young people who see anyone who's middle-aged as the same, but not being able to recognize his parents? Pretty far fetched.

As for the Phil Collins song, I guess they were doing som weird 80s throw-back with the Tom Cruise reference, which in of itself is strange.

14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Well I'm a Miami guy but I've caught the last two NY eps and decided to give my thoughts on last night's offering.

I thought it was a very good episode with a lot of team work and equal interaction and time with the entire cast. I don't mind the new lady (Jo) and found it interesting she worked for the FBI. I wonder if she ever worked with Boa Vista from Miami?

For some reason, the guy Adam was doing the fake Polygraph test reminded me of Biff from Back to the Future? When he freaked out, he even acted like him.

I found the scene of Flack talking to Danny funny because it almost seemed like Flack was talking to an invisible friend. One second you hear Flack and then next you hear Danny's voice in thin air. Loved that

Rating: A

15. electra

electra Pathologist

First time watching CSI NY in a long time.Case was really good becouse it kept me wondering the entire time.The ending felt flat,still.I really like Jo .She is strong ,smart and has chemistry with the cast.I am glad NY has a strong female lead.Flack and Danny are always fun to watch as well.Adam and Sid continue to be good.I will give the new season a try.Even if it will mean DVR.