Grade 'Crossroads'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Nov 18, 2011.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

New episode of CSI: NY tonight! Give it a watch and let us know what you thought! :cool:

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I thought it was an average episode. Nothing great but it had some good moments. I'm much more interested in what happens next in the rape case. It's too bad NY can't seem to have multiple episode arcs where all the episodes are equally interesting.

3. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Decent episode thought not enough was done on the main case to grab my attention for too long. Have to say as bad as the victim in last week's episode was, the one in this one was worse by a mile.
    Just like in Prey, I felt the lecture given to Tommy was pointless. He made a mistake and instead of the system trying to help him learn from it, he and Nick were betrayed by it. He can't be allowed to talk but I can fully understand where he's coming from.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Kinda surprised to not see too many posts about this episode.

I liked this one.

No Adam... hopefully this wasn't the episode they shot when AJ's dad fell ill. I really don't see AJ coming back though.

Lots of Sheldon, Don and Danny.
    I liked the scene with Serena and Jo.
    Sen. Matthews is still upset.
    So the judge was killed because of bribes and stuff. Too bad the guy's lives are over.
    Interesting that Lindsay went to Don to talk to the witness.
    Hearing was interesting. Wish we could have heard what Jo said to Lindsay after she sat down.

I'm wondering if maybe Sen. Matthews had anything to do with the vic using GHB. He seems so angry and I wouldn't' put it past him.

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I can see Tommy getting a plea deal. He has to serve some prison time yes but any jury that hears what the judge did is simply going to look the other way and either deliver a watered down verdict or acquit him.

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Something I forgot to mention.

The judge in the hearing said January 8th for the next court date. Problem is, January 8th is a Sunday.

7. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I really liked the episode. However, I did give it an A-. I missed Adam and there was no enough Mac. I really can't stand the actor, Jason Wiles, who played the rapist. He is awesome at playing bad guys, but to the point he pisses me off. I did like that Lindsay and Jo got closer because of this case. I have to say this season is very good. I hope it continues.

8. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Did anyone think when Lindsay walked down that dark alley alone to collect evidence that maybe something was going to happen? I thought the uniforms were supposed to keep an eye on the CSIs.

What the judge did to the kids in the system was disgusting. Maybe I'm getting jaded, because the rapes and murders don't seem to bother me anymore, but the mercenary actions of the judge and his friend really got to me.

Tommy was smart enough to wear gloves, but stupid enough to eat during a burglary. He was smart enough to somehow find an in-floor safe, but stupid enough to not get rid of the gun, tools, backpack, bullet, etc. Boy, was he inconsistent.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yes, I did think something would happen to Lindsay as she walked down that dark alley. I thought maybe Sheldon or someone should have gone with her.

EDIT: What did you guys think of the scene in the court room? Do you think Jo said something nasty to Lindsay?

10. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I agree about Wiles. I didn't know his name until I read your post but I saw him on last week's show and I had recognized him from being on Castle. Smirky actors piss me off most of the time.

Other comments:

I miss Adam a lot. I feel so bad for AJ's dad and his family. But I really missed the humor Adam brings to the show.

Glad Mac was on more in this episode and that Gary looked more rested and better than the last few episodes.

I thought the two young perps were attractive. Didn't really by that two cute guys would be bad guys but that is just me.

As for the continuation of the rape case, a bit bored with it. The prostitute is a bit difficult since the timeline didn't fit. I just kinda, eh, about it.

11. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

Nah. I don't think Jo was saying anything nasty. She had no reason to. All Lindsay did was tell the truth. I think what she whispered would probably be more along the lines of " You did the right thing" and/or " Don't worry we will get this guy"

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree. She put her arm around Lindsay in a comforting gesture. If Jo would've been mad at Lindsay for telling the truth she'd be very hypocritical and I just don't see Jo being that way.

13. rhymes81

rhymes81 Victim

I completely agree. He was very inconsistent. But for the most part I really enjoyed this episode. The story was interesting enough to keep me engaged, while not so convoluted that I couldn't still keep up with the rape case. I thought the cast were all well used and was glad to see that Lindsay and Jo have made up and that Jo was there to support her at the end.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Not a very interesting episode for the most part. The judge part was boring. The part about the rapist wasn't as boring, but still kind of a blah episode for me. I actually fell asleep during it and had to rewind it back to the point I last saw lol.

They mentioned something about the judge putting kids in jail who shouldn't have been or for too long or something I think. I'm pretty sure that was based loosely on a real case.

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

When NY comes back on in a couple of weeks, I wonder if we'll have actually have an evil killer and a victim that won't be scum of the earth?
    As for Anna,sometimes she gets grief (including from me) about her skills but she was dead on in showing Lindsey's emotions in this one. It is not easy to testify to the fact the victim isn't being entirely truthful knowing that it will help someone who is no doubt a monster get back onto the streets.