Goodbye and Good Luck...

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by m1304m, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m1304m

m1304m Dead on Arrival

The truth is that watching CSI and reading the comments of fans is even more stressful in real life! That is why i have decided that this will be my final posting. Finally, I am ready to walk away from CSI because of the direction it had taken since the departure of Petersen.

My daughter will keep a look out for me and let me know when William Petersen will be appearing. I have always held a torch for CSI, for its forensics, realism and of course for the brilliance of Petersen. But alas, now it has become a “fairytale”. The tale about Grissom and Sara difficult to digest, on the other hand, if she had gone to another city to work would have been believable but not Vegas.

For 8 ½ years, William Petersen had set a high standard for CSI and maintained it all those years. As a diehard fan, I enjoyed going along with the characters, learning the forensics and solving the case. Then, a newcomer a so called Oscar Nominee, endorsed by David Rambo in an interview that CSI is even going to be more exciting than ever, which I immediately knew it was a publicity stunt and as expected turn up to be pure HUMBUG!

I wonder who does the castings these days. The people who have been picked can hardly act. It looks like they were employed on minimum wages.

From the very beginning it was obvious that Fishburne’s character was not going to be a good fit – Season 9 bears evidence to this. Even though the majority of fans were outraged with Fishburne’s character – they continue to sign him up for Season 10. It is obvious that they are only listening to the fans of Fishburne – which is a minority and completely turning a deaf ears to fans that have been there from day one.

I have nothing against Fishburne or the way he looks but his character Langston is plain “ANNOYING”. In Season 9, he was mostly of the crime scene first, working solo 99% of the time and appointing the cases to himself. He was always in centre stage. When he first appeared in Season 9 episode 9 and 10, he was a haughty, brash, impatient and did not agree in solving the DJK case using the labs method – telling Grissom that what he and his team is doing now, is a waste of time. In episode 11 and 12 – he was a fumbling CSI 1 – tagging his luggage, spilling his coffee and messing up finger prints. Then just overnight he became a top notch CSI 1, have every answer at his finger tips, and even the 200th episode was “dedicated” to him.

And not only that, he also played the role of “Saint”. He has only been on the job for a few months – never given any evaluations, then given a speedy promotion to a CSI 2. Even a visually handicapped fan, will realise that he is in charge. In Season 10 the producers are compromising by putting Nick out at the crime scene with Langston but it is still Langston in charge.

Previously, I have no problem with Eckley but since Season 9 he has been walking around the lab like a school principal keeping an eye and picking on the CSIs, reprimanding them as if they were students.

“God, was that gag ever inducing”. “Langston is an unattractive, fat bore, who hogs the screen and kills the demos” – you said, Langston not Fishburne, then you have every right to express your views about a fictitious character. The attack was not targeted at Fishburne. I salute your honesty; it is not Langston’s physical look that i have a problem with it is his character – the ugliest i have ever come across in television.

As i have said in an earlier posting, he is like a boil on one’s ass.

Byline - “Well, the word attractiveness does not exactly have to mean physical attractiveness. I think, Ray has a character is not attractive when it comes to his personality and looks” – truly spoken – another honest opinion about the character Langston. And sadly the producers keep shoving him in our faces.

Desert Dracula “According to Fishburne’s bio, he stands at 6 feet tall and weighs 170 pounds, hardly over weight and I find him attractive and his aura is overwhelmingly powerful. He is a sweetheart and a great role in CSI as Doctor Langston. He has been doing a great job and he is awesome” – 170 pounds??? Am i reading that correctly or are you just kidding. He could only be 170 pounds if you minus his ass. If that is how you feel about Lawrence Fishburne, it is understandable – you are his fan BUT if you are referring to his character Langston – the truth is that i almost puked.

It is so sad, that fans like you (who are the minority) who give such false feedbacks that lead the producers to suck up to Fishburne and put his character Langston on a pedestal.

Evil Harmonica – “Also not to be rude there is nobody on CSI named Sazmander” – firstly, there is no need to apologise although it is obvious that you are being sarcastic. Any fool would have immediately realised that it was a typing error, you don’t need a DNA test, but most CSI fans would have immediately have known that i was referring to Greg Sanders – whose real name is Eric Szmanda. Anyway i have reprimanded my PA and warned her if she does repeat typing the names of CSIs wrongly, especially Grissoms’ – there will be no Christmas Bonus for her this year!!!

Evil Harmonica - “There were more GSR focus scenes...” – it is obvious that you are a GSR hater. Nothing surprising. You are obviously living up to your nick “Evil Harmonica” – or else you will not bring up a frivolous typing error thus wasting ink and paper.

I know there are 65 days to Christmas but anyway I would like to wish all of you HAPPY HOLIDAYS as I will not be returning to this website.

Good Bye and Good Luck...

Happiness is a very simple thing.

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

Watching "CSI" and reading comments on a message board is stressful to you? Gosh, I want your life. There are plenty of things in life that I find a whole lot more stressful than a TV show, or others' opinions about that TV show.

Also, you attributed the wrong quote to me. This is what I wrote, and this is what I stand by: "Well, if having a normal-looking man is killing the demos, then the U.S. needs a serious attitude adjustment about physical appearance, and we need more Rays, not fewer. Hollywood's constant trotting out of the Barbie/Ken clones who can't act their way out of a paper bag (But hey, they look good on TV!) has created a mindset where people don't seem to know what 'normal' looks like anymore."

Adzix then replied with the quote you mistakenly attributed to me, to which I replied: "It was pretty clear to me with the 'fat' remark that the poster was referring to physical appearance, and I agree with other posters that we should refrain from personal attacks on an actor's appearance."

It's sad to me that you so easily discount others' opinions as "false" when they are just as true to what they believe as your opinions are to you. A whole lotta people need to learn the difference between universal truths and personal opinions.

3. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I just HAVE to state the obvious here. If you call a character unattractive and fat - unless there are made up to look nothing like the real person(Freddy Kruger comes to mind)then one is in effect bashing a real life person's appearance which is something that is just not acceptable IMHO...

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah I have to agree with you. I wish had m1304's life. I wish the comments here were the only thing I had to worry about.

Well said!

I could spin the 'ass' remark many ways back at you but I won't.

Is that a promise?

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Oy! lets calm down, and be nice, if you disagree with the person that is fine and the same with clearing up the quotes. But lets not kick them out the door in which they were headed out of anyway. Thing is you don't know this person anymore then they know any of you, so no one knows for sure what goes on in some minds when it comes to msg boards, and such. I know the person posted a long goodbye and I am not sure the purpose for it, but a good and nice response would have been "Goodbye and Good luck in RL" or not even responded (yes I get the quote mix up needed fixing) to the poster to begin with. So in saying that, lets play nice and wave (all five fingers and palm for those who had other thoughts, yeah those ones :p). ;)

If this is your wish then goodbye m1304m take care and as I mentioned good luck in real life. You will be welcome back anytime.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Is this the episode that's airing tonight?, it's listed in the TV Guide as the one:confused:or are they mistaken, or does anybody know for sure?

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Okay, but can I slam the door once they're on the step;)? Please mother, may I!?:lol:

8. Destiny

No, this is the orginial poster stating they are leaving the board, recommend reading the first post. ;)

No, you may not. Sorry but that isn't allowed. ;) :p

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree, but that cuts both ways. The OP did something of a "drive-by" with another poster by essentially kicking them on their way out the door with this remark: "It is so sad, that fans like you (who are the minority) who give such false feedbacks that lead the producers to suck up to Fishburne and put his character Langston on a pedestal."

Now, that may well be that poster's opinion, but it was a pretty low blow, IMO, to do that in a "farewell" post, thus leaving the other poster nowhere to go with a reply. Besides correcting the misattribution, that was essentially the point I was trying to make. I realize it will probably fall on deaf ears if the poster is true to his/her word and never returns, but I still felt compelled to say something.

10. Destiny

I do not know the intentions of the OP and if they are truely leaving I am not sure there is anything further we can do at this point. Should they return and continue this line, then I am sure something could be done. But if this posters intentions were to get a rise out of you all, then you gave this person what they wanted.

My intentions were not to make anyone think they are in trouble, but rather to as I just said not allow this to grow and continue, let it go, by not responding doesn't mean they win or lose, it means you decided to let it go, wish them well and move on. I get the need to respond I do, but sometimes things left unsaid are heard more loudly then those that are said. ;)

What I am going to do is lock this now, if you feel the need or wish to continue this discussion with me feel free to PM me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.