Gil Grissom away?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CorrsRock, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorrsRock

CorrsRock Dead on Arrival

In the July 31 - Aug 6 issue of TV Guide, CSI executive producer Carol Mendelsohn revealed star William Petersen is taking a break from the show.

The actor, who plays front-man Gil Grissom, will be absent from CSI for a couple of episodes due to professional commitments. Petersen, an avid theatre fan, will be busy this fall in Providence starring in Trinity Repertory Company's stage production of Conor McPherson's A Dublin Carol.

The writers have already penned down a storyline that'll help explain Grissom's absence. According to Mendelsohn, this plot will, "push Grissom to an emotional place, requiring a sabbatical of sorts."

To absorb the impact of Petersen's absence, however, the producers plan to cast a big-name guest star to fill in Grissom's vacancy. These Grissom-free episodes will air during January, and the actor will be back just in time for February sweeps.

Hey!According this message... They do mean January and February 2007 right? And is it really that long until season 7 starts? I can't wait that long! I know I might seem a bit ignorant for not having this info, but I'm from Norway we are way behind with the episodes...(The finally of season 6 will be sent here this tuesday) So I find it kinda hard to find any info concerning when season 7 will be aired. Does any of you know how many episodes Grissom will be gone? And is this in the start of the season, the middle or the end? Please answer! I'm a bit confused at the moment... :confused:
    All the best
    Synne

This is a great message board :D Love it!!!! :D

2. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

The season starts here (in America) on September 21, and he is scheduled to do this play sometime in December, so this is when they will film the two Grissom-less episodes that will be aired (once again in America) in January or February. So, that would be in the middle of the series.

3. CorrsRock

CorrsRock Dead on Arrival

Ok :D Thnxs :D That wasn't that bad, I guess they will try to send season 7 at the same time as the US, cuz they have used the summer to keep up with the US so that we wouldnt be that far behind. Woohoo! Season 7 here we come :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.