Ghost Hunters

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by WolfeSanders, Mar 23, 2006.

1. WolfeSanders

WolfeSanders CSI Level One

TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) is headed by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson and includes a close-knit group of paranormal researchers. Built on Jason and Grant's mutual interest in getting to the bottom of everyday, paranormal occurrences, TAPS is an eclectic but unified bunch — and certainly not what you'd expect to find at the forefront of paranormal investigation. They're neither Ph.D. scientists, nor zany, theatrical hotline psychics. Jason and Grant are plumbers by trade, and their TAPS colleagues are in similarly ordinary professions. Factory worker, office manager, teacher — these are respected members of a small, blue-collar Rhode Island community where many of the TAPS members were born and raised

Plumbers by day — ghost hunters by night. This one-hour weekly docu-soap from the creator/executive producer of American Chopper follows a group of real-life paranormal researchers as they investigate haunted houses throughout the country, encountering every type of imaginable haunting.

Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, plumbers by trade, head up TAPS — The Atlantic Paranormal Society — a group of intrepid souls who are far from the usual collection of bespectacled Ph.D.s. They're ordinary, everyday people — office managers, factory workers, teachers and even psychic-hotline gurus — with an interest in getting to the bottom of your otherworldly disturbances. Jason, Grant and their team of moonlighting ghost-hunters are our first and last defense against uninvited paranormal visitations. Tom Thayer and Craig Piligian of Pilgrim Films (American Chopper) are the executive producers.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I love this show, I am so happy it is coming back next week. You don't find much for interesting T.V. anymore. Except for CSI, House, Dirty Jobs, etc. There is some controversy whether the evidence is real or not. I don't really care, because it is good television, and it keeps my attention. And that's really good, because it's hard to keep my attention when I watch television, hence the reason, why I don't have a ton of Fav. shows. There is not a lot of good television anymore.
    Someone started a thread about this already, but I think the last post was like 3-6 months ago. So if the mods shut this down, could you please bring up the old one.
    Thanks

CSIFAN1985

3. lament

lament Captain

I love this show. I can't wait for the new episode!

4. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I love this show to. Jason reminds me of Michal Chickless, and Steve...reminds me of ROry COchrane...I dunno my friend pointed it out once and I've never let it go since. lol. I can't wait for it to come back!

5. WolfeSanders

I think the same thing about Steve and Rory Cochrane. I actually told my friend that the other day because she is obsessed with Rory Cochrane, and she said they definately look similar.

There are some really good episodes. I watched one last night about the Winchester Mystery House and the Queen Mary. I thought it was freaky when the bed on the Queen Mary un-made itself and they caught it on camera but in the end someone had tampered with the equipment.

6. speedmonkey2

Ok, now I kow i'm not the only one. lol.

I saw that and I got really freaked out and then to find out somebody did that I was like "That's retarted."

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I know, that kind of pissed me off, that someone tampered with that. There was so much conversation about that over on the TAPS Boards on the TAPS website. There were a lot of pissed off fans, and they have every right to be. For a while, there was a lot of talk on the TAPS website that it was the girl, Erica or whatever her name was that tampered with the camera, but that was just speculation. But this show is great, and I am looking forward to it's return next week.

CSIFAN1985

8. WolfeSanders

I always thought that Steve in a way was kind of cute. He's got tons of tattoos! I just realized he had a TON the other night. I always knew he had them but just not exactly how many.

Do you guys like Andy?

I cannot wait for the new episode. I saw the place they are going to on an episode of Scariest Places on Earth and wow. I got seriously freaked out. One of the little autopsy tables pulled itself out and the people were right there watching it. That seriously scared the crap out of me.... but yeah :D

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I looooovvvveeee ghost hunters. They are sooooooooo cool. Did I mention I loooooooovvvvvveeeee them. And is alright and everything but not my fave guy.

10. WolfeSanders

I was watching one not from this week but the week before and I think it was a repeat. But there another guy with TAPS and he was from some other paranormal investigating agency and he was spending the day with TAPS. And Steve made his wear that tiara and he actually wore it because he thought it had a camera in it. And then Jason found out that Steve had done that and got pissed.

11. speedmonkey2

I don't like Andy, I think he's annoying, but that's just me.

Oh man last night I saw a preview for the new episode and grant sounds off a fog horn and it makes steve and some girl jump and then grant shows it to the camera and he's all smiling, oh man I cracked up for like....5 minutes. lol.

And I can't remember where the case was but steve and andy and some other people were standing outside and this guy walks by and takes off with a some of their equipment and steve runs after him I was like "run steve run!" That was good to....there was something else I wanted to mention but now I can't remember....*shrugs* Oh well. Oh yeah I was watching a re run the other day it was for mardi gras and steve went into a building and came out with a whole bunch of ladies and he was wearing a feathered boad and had a hat on and was wearing beads and BRian was just standing behind him. I started laughing it was great.

12. WolfeSanders

I know they do some of the funniest stuff. I remember seeing that, I was like "YES! Go Steve! He rocks" I love him!

I was asking about Andy because I personally think he is annoying but you know what can you do about it.

13. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

I've seen this show a few times. I like that they're from Rhode Island (right next door! :D ). They also did a show about Ledge Light in Groton, CT, which is only 20 minutes away from me. Too bad they proved it's not haunted :(

I'd really like to see them do something about Norwich Hospital, this old abandoned psychiatric hospital in Preston, CT (which is only about 10 minutes away). Alot of people around here think it's haunted, and it's a pasttime of teenagers around here to break in and experience "paranormal" activity.

14. WolfeSanders

That sounds awsome Sirea. I really liked the one where they went to the Lizzy Borden House, but I can't remember the other place they went on that episode....

15. speedmonkey2

Lizzy Borden?....is she the lady with the axe or whatever? Or am I completley off?