Get ready for vBulletin!! Board move done - Some more infos

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cinegirl, Feb 26, 2008.

1. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Alrighty, because some people might still haven't realized the "announcement" in the upper right corner of this board about the board move (or just thought it's another add from ugo :D ) we also use this way to inform you.

Here's the link to all important details concerning the move, please make sure to check it out:

--> vBulletin...Arrives at the crime scene March 9

If you have questions about this issue, feel free to take them to the Questions, Suggestions, Feedback Forum or ask them here. :)

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Get ready for vBulletin!! Board move ahead - Please read

:eek: We're moving?!? Oh... wait. I knew that already :lol:

But seriously folks, there have been announcements about this, so there's no excuse for not knowing. Spread the word ;)

If you'd like a sample of what the board will be like after the move, our sister site TrekBBS has already made the move, and you can take a peek at it here.

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Has an approximate time of shut down been decided? - 'cause it is getting to be almost March 9th board time already. I was wondering if it would be down tonight or just mainly tomorrrow.

4. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Quick step in:

there is no exact point in time set for starting the move, I guess Antony will close the board at some time on Saturday (today) and it'll re-open again on the new system on Sunday, I think as soon as possible. Just stay tuned, copy all threads, posts, pms, icons you absolutely don't wanna loose, check out the tips given here again and try to follow them, and that's it. All we can do is wait and see and I guess I'll see you all again on Sunday latest on the shiny new board! :) Good luck! :D

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  5. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Yo guys! Welcome to vBulletin! :D I guess we all have to get used to the new style and options, so please don't hesitate to ask if anything causes problems lol
    Further more: where are our banners? The move isn't finished completely, some things still have to be adjusted, and we guess that allowing the banners again will be one of the last things Antony will re-install. So lay back and try other things till then :):thumbsup:

6. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Thanks cinegirl I should've known to come here to ask what I asked in another thread. lol *slaps forehead*

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I was thinking the same thing about the banners and figured that they were coming soon. :)

Will posting challenges be different? By this I mean posting images for voting. Or just go about it the normal way and see if everything works alright?

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Posting challenges (and images) should still work the same. [​IMG]

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Alrighty, thanks for answering so quick. :)

10. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Erm, I think posting the banners (icons etc) - not only for the challenges - in a normal post should work without problems. Till now using the img-code in your signature box is still disabled, so your banners show up as links only, but in posts the img-codes are allowed. :)
    Oh, and Meg posted a short info about the re-start of the challenges, please check it out first ;)

ETA: forget my info about the banners, they're back in business! :D

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Erm just wondering if anyone knows...Why the sig limit has changed from no limit to 20k?

12. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

We're on it and will let you know if we got infos about it :)

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Thanks Vera ;)

14. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Ok obviously we can post images. I do see that we can post links.....but can we rename the links like we did before? :confused:

15. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Good morning! :D
    Yes, you can still rename the links, there are now several ways to do it, depends on what option you're using to answer.

When you click on "Quick Reply" and using the basic editor (simple box only) you can use a special code for it.

Code:
    [URL="http://*insert%20the%20url%20here*"][*url=*insert the url to your link here*]*Here stands the new name of the link* [*/url*][/URL]
    --> without the asterisks!

Further more there's s/t the option to click on that special sign just above the text boxes. It's a globe with a snap link on it, everyone who uses Live Journal should recognize it. :)

It works the following: type in the text how you wanna name the link, for example "cinegirl2000's LJ". Then mark this text cinegirl2000's LJ and click on the globe. There you'll have the option to insert the link url. :)
    I'm on my new pc so I don't have the option to make screenshots yet, I'll add some as soon as my old pc works again.