Game Threads - if you enjoy these, please vote here!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

It has been suggested that maybe we should change the 'Who Said it?' game thread as it can be rather too easy at times. Footyliz suggested that we change it to a 'Who Said It and What Comes next?' game. ie. someone posts a quote, and you have to answer which character said it and also what the next line is.

Alternatively, I wondered if we should combine the 2 existing game threads ('Who Said It?' and 'Name The Episode'), so when someone posts a quote, we have to name the character and episode.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated. Please vote in this poll and feel free to make suggestions too. Thanks. :)

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think adding 'in which epi' or 'what comes next' may get too difficult & drag the game out,but, i'm all for playing either way!

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I voted Combine them into one ie. 'Who said it and in which episode?'.

Most of the time during the current game, the person to confirm will state the episode in case others didn't quite catch when said character spoke the line. Often as well, the person to guess will say the episode anyway. Agreed, it will make things more difficult for some, but the idea of the game is to stump people and have a good time with a challenge. :)

I have to say though, I love the idea of Change the 'Who said it? thread to 'Who said it and what comes next?'. Some of the Miami fans are very devoted and are just itching for some more difficulty in the game threads. :)

And since Luce would like to hear some suggestions and I happen to have just thought of one.... :p

Perhaps we could have a picture game? Just to set it apart and give the people with visuals something extra. How about 'Name the Episode & Season' using pictures only? Ie: Someone posts a picture of say, Eric looking at someone whether it be a closeup or wide-angled shot and based on the clothing, lighting, expression, location etc, people guess which episode and season it was. Then the winner puts up the next picture. :) Just puttin' it out there.

4. Lucy

I really like that idea Geni! :D

5. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

I like the picture game, too! That sounds like a kick.

As to the word games, I voted "I don't mind", but I must say I sometimes get confused what thread I'm in because the answers end up looking the same.

6. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:confused:The problem with the "Who said it and what was the next line" is that often there ISN'T a next line. The line that's up for grabs is the last line of the scene.

:eek:Also, I've noticed that frequently the challenge is coming up with a line or an episode that requires some thought. At times I've had to give out 3 or 4 clues before anyone guessed correctly.

;)The picture game could be interesting though, again, the person posing the question determines the difficulty.

7. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I love the idea for a picture game! It's a challenge, I guess, but us nuts are up for it! :lol:

I don't mind either way but I love the idea of combining the 'Guess the Episode' and 'Who Said It?' games. Sometimes I find that I know the line very well and it's easy to know the name and episode, and sometimes I happen to get lucky and guess the name right. I think a lot of people have probably found this to be true with them as well.

8. Lucy

That's a good point! Thanks for the input everyone. We'll leave this poll open for a couple more days to see which is the leading preference. :)

9. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I like the "Name that Episode" game as it is, sometimes it's not easy anyway, which is good :)

I also like the "Who said it?" game, but sometimes you have just a lucky guess :p So I think it might be a good idea to change things a bit.

I don't really like the idea of "Who said it and what comes next", I think it is going to be too hard, and I also think it may lead to some confusions, because sometimes the person might know everything and not having the exact next quote right, and there is going to be that "should I accept that or not?", because even though the person didn't have the quote completely correct, it gives the answer away for the other people playing.

The idea of combining the two of them, leading to make it harder, might be good for challenging the fans. But in that case, I think it would be a good idea that the person posting the quote, should post like 2 or 3 lines, and not just the simple quote by one character.
    eg:
    X:I never made it to the original crime scene. Did you?
    Y:Five hours ago.
    Answer:
    Eric Delko and Horatio Caine (Nailed)

Also, the picture game sounds cool ;)

Well, just my thoughts, I hope it wasn't too confusing...

10. Finch

Just bumping this in case some haven't seen it yet. ;)

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I'd like to make a suggestion. In the who said it thread, instead of saying the next line, what if we have to say who it's being said to, as well as who's saying it?

12. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:rolleyes:Or, who it's responding to?

:eek:Again, in the reverse of my thread before, this could be problematic if the mystery phrase is a general comment, not to a specific person, or to a one-episode vic/suspect whose name would reveal the speaker and/or episode.

Sunday ramblings - Does that make any sense? :confused: :confused:

13. Finch

^ Makes perfect sense. ;)

Ultimately, these games are all in good fun and the difficulty will be determined by whomever posts the quote. That said, hopefully those who play the game will play fair and maturely and not simply write out 'general' comments such as 'Okay' or 'And?'

But I definitely see where you're coming from. :) It could deter some from playing - though those problems sometimes exist in the threads the way they are now.