Fox Won't Be Back This Season

CSI Files

Captain
Sara is still out of the picture.<p>Earlier this season, <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle) left <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> after her character went through an emotional ordeal. Since Fox's exit, rumors have circulated about the possibility of Sara coming back. As CSI Files previously <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/050208_01.shtml">reported</a>, Fox has promised to return to <I>CSI</I> in the future. It now seems that the character and actress will be missing until at least season nine.<p><I>CSI</I> has six new episodes on tap, starting April 3, but Fox won't be in any of them. As <font color=yellow>Billy Masters</font> recently reported on <A class="link" HREF="http://www.pridesource.com/index.shtml">PrideSource</a>, Fox confirmed that she won't be returning in season eight. Whether she will keep her promise and return in season nine--and beyond--is unknown at this point.<p>The "Ask Stacy" column on <A class="link" HREF="http://www.creators.com/">Creators.com</a> was asked if Fox would be starring in a different television show post-<I>CSI</I>. According to the column, Fox is not planning to work on a regular series again for a while, although she is still open to guest starring on <I>CSI</I>. For now, fans will have to wait a while to find out when--and if--Sara will be coming back to Las Vegas.<p>The original articles can be found on <A class="link" HREF="http://www.pridesource.com/article.shtml?article=29643">PrideSource</a> and <A class="link" HREF="http://www.creators.com/lifestylefeatures/hollywood-exclusive/ask-stacy-2008-03-08.html">Creators.com</a>. Thanks <font color=yellow>Shane</font> for sharing the PrideSource link.<center></center>

With the strike, and the shortage of episodes to appear for the remainder of the season, I really couldn't see her appearing this season anyway. It's good hearing that she herself said that she would not be returning.

I agree, vegaslights. Quite hard to return to something that will already be in short supply. Also glad that she siad it herself, that way people don't have to keep guessing or assuming.

Hi, I'm a newbie and came looking for the answeer to a burning question - "Where is Sarah Sidle?" I'm in the UK so don't know how many eps I missed, but one minute Gil Grissom asked Sarah to marry him, and the next, she is no longer in the series! Where did she go? Is she still going to marry Gil? and finally, does anyone know which episode I can find my answers on please?

^All the answers can be found in 8x07 "Goodbye and Good Luck." :)

A big disappoinment, I was hoping she'd be in one of the final S/8 eps. but S/9 is on the horizon, and she did state on her KTLA interview, "that she'd be back, but couldn't say when" so later is better than never:thumbsup:

A big disappoinment, I was hoping she'd be in one of the final S/8 eps. but S/9 is on the horizon, and she did state on her KTLA interview, "that she'd be back, but couldn't say when" so later is better than never:thumbsup:

Indeed. I'm glad to here that she will be coming back at some point, but it does sort of make sense that it isn't going to be in this season. :)

Hi, I'm a newbie and came looking for the answeer to a burning question - "Where is Sarah Sidle?" I'm in the UK so don't know how many eps I missed, but one minute Gil Grissom asked Sarah to marry him, and the next, she is no longer in the series! Where did she go? Is she still going to marry Gil? and finally, does anyone know which episode I can find my answers on please?

Welcome to the board! As a fellow UK'er I can say, as Top41 has mentioned, that Goodbye and Goodluck provides the current answers to your questions. As we are now up to date with episodes in the UK there isn't anything beyond that which you already know about Grissom and Sara. We may learn more in the next few episodes (which are being currently being produced following the writer's strike (to air in the US in April and May) and should air in the UK later in the year) but until then your guess is as good as any of ours. :D ;) I hope that is some help to you, take a look around the board for more spoilers and other discussions about upcoming episodes and those which have already aired... Please join in the discussions! :)

Disappointed, but I'm glad she's not coming back this season and also that she's said it herself so all the specilation about whether she's coming or not is stop....also I think it would have been too early for her to return at this point - maybe next season as it wouldn't make much sense to have her back now ;)

I'm really glad to hear this. She's barely been gone a few episodes and they need to keep that arc going f she really is going off to find out who Sara Sidle is.

That being said, even though she says that she would be back, you never know what could happen.

I was really glad to hear that she won't be back this season, I think it's too soon. If she did return it would not have been very dramatic, people need time to actually miss her before she just pops up again like nothing happened.

Kind of glad, with a shortened season it wouldn't make sense. I am better she will return for the last eppy, or something close to that.

er...pride magazine? What is with all the gay mags reporting on her? Either she is out, or someone is confused. I don't care either way, just curious...

er...pride magazine? What is with all the gay mags reporting on her? Either she is out, or someone is confused. I don't care either way, just curious...
It's because of "Stay Forever"--Dusty Springfield was (I believe) bisexual.

Back