Fox Sticks With 'CSI' Indefinitely

CSI Files

Captain
Returning CSI: Crime Scene Investigation actress Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle) won’t be leaving Las Vegas again any time soon.Fox was originally slated to return to CSI for five episodes this season. Executive Producer Carol Mendelsohn has now revealed that the actress will be sticking around on an indefinite basis. “We will be seeing a lot [...]

More...

I always liked Sara. I was almost always a GSR fan. I like the idea of bringing her back because I don't think she HAS to be paired with Grissom to be a good CSI and an interesting character. What bugs me is this "modern couple" living arrangement thing. I like the idea of these character being married in that they actually spend time together, sleep in the same bed, have "physical relations", etc. Not that I want Grissom and Sara going at it like hormone drenched college kids, but still... it made me happy that they got married and now it's making me sad that they're not spending any time together as a freaking COUPLE.

But... whatever. These two were never conventional characters and as long as the writers can convincingly portray their long distance wedded "relationship" as functional and happy then I suppose I'll grudgingly accept it.

Last edited:
Best news I've seen so far. Never liked the Sara character and was not that bothered when she left, but when she returned in the 10th Season, she transformed it.

Great news indeed!

awesome! best news ever. now i just need Grissom to come back for a little while and i'll be happy. :)

I'm still waiting for an explanation on why Sara is able to do the job she had to leave.

Don't get me wrong, Sara is my fave and I love Jorja --plus, I'm glad she's not just Grissom's little secret/fiancée/wife--, but it's a shame that we'll have to accept that she left Grissom twice because she couldn't be happy in Vegas and now, without a word, she's back to her old self again.

Anyway, I'm really happy that the spoilers where true and Jorja is really back. She's definitely a big part of the show and I'm more than thrilled to see that even those who were happy to see her gone are beginning to either like her, or reconnect with the character.

Best news I've seen so far. Never liked the Sara character and was not that bothered when she left, but when she returned in the 10th Season, she transformed it.

Great news indeed!

Completely agree!! I was never a big Sara fan but I missed her when she left.She is part of the CSI family so I am glad that we will see more of her.

I'm still waiting for an explanation on why Sara is able to do the job she had to leave.

Don't get me wrong, Sara is my fave and I love Jorja --plus, I'm glad she's not just Grissom's little secret/fiancée/wife--, but it's a shame that we'll have to accept that she left Grissom twice because she couldn't be happy in Vegas and now, without a word, she's back to her old self again.

Anyway, I'm really happy that the spoilers where true and Jorja is really back. She's definitely a big part of the show and I'm more than thrilled to see that even those who were happy to see her gone are beginning to either like her, or reconnect with the character.

ITA. I'm deeply ambivalent about it. Even though Sara has her faults and flaws, I've always liked what her character has brought to the table. I just don't like the idea that they've made it such a mess with her character. She's left TWICE with her tail between her legs because she couldn't do the job/be in that environment, yet she comes back all happy go lucky. I wonder how long it's going to be before the bubble pops yet again.

I also don't care for the prospect of more GSR cluttering up the show, but that's an entirely different rant for a different forum on this board.

What's really telling is that they mention that Sara's going to be back indefinitely, and then right away they bring up the Grissom angle. As if the two of them are indistinguishable, or that a woman can't do or be anything without a man in her life.

Great news! I was holding out hope that this would happen since everyone seemed so evasive about the length of her return engagement. And I am more than thrilled that they are keeping Grissom and Sara together. I certainly don't think that by being married people lose their individual identity. In fact, I would say that by dealing with her ghosts and finding happiness in her personal life, Sara has found herself again.
The 'Grissom angle' is no doubt there to try to re-engage the WP fans. I think it's a good one, and I hope it works.

Last edited:
What's really telling is that they mention that Sara's going to be back indefinitely, and then right away they bring up the Grissom angle. As if the two of them are indistinguishable, or that a woman can't do or be anything without a man in her life.
Honestly, I don't think that has a thing to do with it. Because the GSR angle was created, and because Grissom was the team leader for so long, it's inevitable that whenever Jorja's name comes up in terms of how long she's staying, so will Petersen's, so I think they're trying to address those questions before they're asked. At least for now, it appears there's nothing on the table about bringing Grissom back.

Back