Fox Quits 'CSI'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Oct 15, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle) finally silences the rumors.

It was reported last month that Fox was going to be leaving CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. At the time, Fox herself did not comment on the rumours. However, she has now confirmed that her time on the show has come to an end.

The 39-year-old actress told EW.com that it was her decision to leave the show. The choice was made for personal reasons and was not about money. "There are all these things I want to do," she said. "Some are personal. Some are professional. And I really need to do some of them before I get too old."

Fox was invited to stay on the show for another year, but she only signed on for part of the season. Her final episode will air in November. "If I thought the show were on its last legs, I would have tried harder to stay the course," Fox explained. "But I feel like its going to be around for a while, so if I don’t want some of those dreams to pass me by, I have to get off the ride for a while."

The original news was posted on EW.com. The site promises more of their interview with the actress later this week. Thanks to <font color=yellow>Elsie</font> for sharing the link.<center></center>

2. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Well that just... sucks.

3. Hip_hugga_lovah

Hip_hugga_lovah Lab Technician

Sorry for you Sara Sidle/Jora Fox fans! :( Hopefully her send off will be good(nothing crazy though)!!

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm pretty shocked and saddened, why couldn't she stay till May, what's 6 more months? :(can't imagine CSI without her!!!& the sizzling camaraderie with Grissom ;)and how that changed the show & brought it to new heights and made it so much more interesting and wonderful and delightful to watch! and also her great friendship with the other cast members as well! I felt her character was a bit stuffy and boring in the early stages of CSI, although fabulous on the cases, she had alot on her plate, her family issues, and this private secret she had to supress for 9 years.. and then, and she came to bloom, when her on screen romance with Grissom, came to full fruition and the charming wonderful Sara was full circle!

5. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

sorry, guys. although i've voiced many times how much i dislike GSR, i've always had admiration for jorja fox as an actress. but i look forward to seeing what other things she has in mind once she's gone from CSI

6. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

As saddened as I am to hear this news, I will always stand by Jorja and every decision she makes. I'm not ready to say goodbye to my favorite character ever, but as long as it makes Jorja happy, I'm happy. After Jorja leaves the show, I'm gone.

Peace.

7. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

That is soo sad!

8. Bev

Bev Pathologist

I wish Jorja the best in the future. I hope she gets to do everything she wants.

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Best of Luck to Jorja. I know she'll be missed on CSI.

Good luck in her next endeavor :D

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I like how she sort of intimated that if the show's around for a while, she might not be gone forever:

"But I feel like its going to be around for a while, so if I don’t want some of those dreams to pass me by, I have to get off the ride for a while."

That leaves her open to future appearances. :)

I hope to see her in some major films. That'd be cool. But who knows where her heart lays- she's obviously already got some plans, so all the best to her! :D

11. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

At least we did what we could. I am glad she is taking her own path and not fighting about the pay on the show again.

I would love to see her in a major film!

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I am sad to see her go, but I'm glad it seems to be of her own volition. I do wish her the best in everything she endeavors to do, and I can definitely say CSI will not be the same without her.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm very sad about her leaving.

She's a great actress and Sara is a wonderful character who brought a lot of humanity to the show.

Sara was the most realistic character on the show.

It won't be the same without her.

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I shall miss Sara - before her character was changed on the show, I really liked her seasons 1-4. She was great with Nick and Greg. I'll miss that.

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I agree all the way. I liked the was the character used to be. The thing that happena round S5 was her relationship with Grissom and it cause an internal rift inside her. Alteast that's what I noticed.