for Harry Potter fans

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by melbel, Aug 16, 2008.

1. melbel

melbel Pathologist

2. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but I don't care enough to sign a petition. I'm sure they'd push a movie like Harry Potter back for a good reason. I'm willing to wait. Besides, the longer the wait the more time to look forward to Harry Potter things. The books are done, sooner or later they'll be finished with the movies too.

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Isn't it against the rules to post petitions on the board? I don't know... I really *really* want to see the 6th movie, but I wouldn't sign the petition because I think it's useless. We'll see...

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I wouldnt sign a petition about it but I think its a shame that we'll have to wait about another 7 months for the film but Im sure they'd have reason to and to be honest i'd prefer to wait the extra time to get a 'better' film :)

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Since this deals with the movie I'm going to send it over the General TV and Media :)

6. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

The sad truth is, it's not about creating a better movie. What they're wanting to do is target the summer audience. It's all about the money. Harry Potter to me is a Christmas movie & I never bothered with them before, I am a huge fan of the books and the first three films were so awful I wanted to walk outta the cinema.

The fourth one however was such a vast improvement. The fifth one even better. The were more true to the books. Not to mention the younger cast really came into their own. Luna & Bellatrix, exactly how I imagined they would be. I love Helena Bonham Carter, she just has this endearing psychoticness about her. :lol:

7. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

:wtf:

I needed a moment to process this news. I was really looking forward to November! I'm so disappointed. :(

8. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Present for the HP people. I found this earlier and thought you may like it. It made me chuckle because, yes I've been there. Not with HP, but still. I didn't make this, just found it.

[​IMG]

And interesting news by the by.... I don't really know what to think.

9. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Count me as another dissapointed HP fan. It's awful that they're only doing it "because it's not a Christmas movie" or "Because it'll go over better in the summer." It all amounts to the same thing. Cash Grab.

BTW, Adorelo, I love that Icon. Wherever did you find it?

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I agree that its Christmas movie however I think that they are changing it not for a summer audience but so they dont have to compete with the new 007 movie which is coming out at the end of october. Plus wouldnt they get more money at christmas? Due to many young kids wanting stuff for christmas that are to do with the new film :)

11. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

if they released it on the original date, November 21, they would still get alot of money because the date doesn't change the amount of people that will make time to see it, and that way it could be released on DVD by Christmas and they would get more sales for that because it would make a good Christmas present :bolian: WB are so dumb :shifty:

P.S. heres another great campaign site: http://hbpnojuly.blogspot.com/

12. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I was so excited when I saw the trailer for the 6th movie and was really crashed when I heard the news. :(
    The trailer was so awesome and I thought, wow, that one's really going to be dark. I already marked the date in my calendar! Now I had to erase it! - is pouting, wants her HP fix, NOW! :shifty:

Anyway, I agree with you, the whole summer is better because they can target a bigger audience reasoning is BS! Who's going to the cinema in summer? Even less people that in winter because the sun is shining and your rather sit outside in the sun, enjoy your ice-cream than sit in a stuffy, overheated cinema! :scream:
    Christmas (or winter) on the other hand is the perfect cinema time! Especially for HP!
    But hey, it's not about the fans, it's about the money, it always is.

Anyway, since this is the first and I guess only HP thread here, what are your favourite characters and why? I can ask that right??
    Mine are definitely Sirius, Remus and Snape.
    I really can't give you a concrete reason why I like Sirius so much it's just an overall feeling. But I really like Remus because he's so quiet and shy yet extremely strong when it comes to the people he cares for.
    Snape I loved from the start. He was so snarky and sarcastic and I just love that about him. I always knew he wasn't a bad guy and I also always knew that he'd never have killed Dumbledore without a good reason! Oh god, did I cry the last few chapters of DH when Harry found out about him. I was a mess. As much as I want to reread it I dread the moment I'll reread that passage.

13. JorjaFoxFan

i like Sirius too! i can't explain why...but i like Nymphadora Tonks and...Snape for some reason.. i just think he's very full of potential, i always trusted him :bolian:

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I was just flicking through Youtube and found the second trailer and thought I might aswel post it here, Trailer.

I think it looks great but I love the ending :lol:

15. JorjaFoxFan

wow , thanks a bunch DracBatty, that was a way more sufficient promo then we'd had the last time :thumbsup: definitely answered a little more as to what the movie would include form the series.
    i do think that this thread has some potential for Harry Potter fans :p so this isn't a promo or a fanvid really...but it definitely is for Harry Potter fans :) i got a few laughs out of it so i thought i would post..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ncvOw-r67Q