Flack question

MrsGiovinazzo said:
Islandgirl said:
Look, I *LIKE* Flack. Really. But is anybody else confused by the fact that he seems to simultaneously be:
1.) A homicide detective
2.) A member of the vice squad (running drug raids, etc.)
3.) A member of the SWAT team
:lol: :lol: I mentioned that same thing to my husband last night when we were watching. It truly was a little distracting. Add to your list NYPD spokesman since he handled the press conference regarding the raid, which is quite a departure from real world protocol.

Not that I'm complaining. I love all the Flack I can get.

I found it very off-putting, too. Although Flack's my favorite character, I hate seeing him in implausible situations--it throws me right out of the story.

It might just be that the producers, who are already paying the actor Eddie Cahill to appear on the show, are too cheap to cast another actor for the guest role.

^I think you hit the nail on the head. ;)

Plus, after Flack got that call from Danny, he certainly wasn't going to sit back and let someone else rescue the hostages. I think Flack likes being front and center.

Not sure about the drug bust, though. Dynamo's theory works for me.

Yeah, why pay an actor and then bring in lots of bit part actors?

plus if we didn't have a regular detective (who manages to be a one man band) think of all the great banter and one liners we would have missed out on.

Plus the fab chemistry between THE NYPD detective and a certain CSI... *cough* Danny *cough*.

Basically, no Flack (if he were real - i know that fact makes me sad too) wouldn't do all those roles, but it would be criminal if Eddie Cahill as Flack didn't get all the screen time he does (personally i think he should get a little more - but that is just me :p!). So artistic licence is very much required for his role and i'm not goign to complain. Think of all the other things TPTB expect us to believe, like chemistry between to leads... :D

Faylinn said:
He is Super!Flack, master of the Universe!...and the NYPD.

Seriously though--you'd think they might just pick a job and stick to it. They could even give us fun guest stars to do the other roles, or something.

There seems to be no limit to the "artsitic license" for TPTB. :eek:

SuperFlack and RamboStella, could have their own tv series together. What do you think? :D

Super Flack and Rambo Stella- thats awesome! they best not work to hard though or the'll be no crime left. They could get us world peace though.

I think we have all just found the reason Superflack doesnt have a girl, the poor guy has no energy or time hes superflack doing 20 jobs for NYPD and has no time for a girlfriend- shame!

Bluntforcetrauma said:
Super Flack and Rambo Stella- thats awesome! they best not work to hard though or the'll be no crime left. They could get us world peace though.

I think we have all just found the reason Superflack doesnt have a girl, the poor guy has no energy or time hes superflack doing 20 jobs for NYPD

And we thought the British criminal justice system was short-staffed! ;)

^^you'd think will all the people in New York Flack would have people to share the responsibility. Ah well, SuperFlack it is! That's why we love him.

Back